Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 5th September 2011, 08:22   #9681  |  Link
Deshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceX View Post
A bunch of people with nvidia graphics here have this issue. Don't use RGB32 input.
Thanks
Gonna check that tonight...
Deshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 13:24   #9682  |  Link
SUPERBIF

Hi I will be buying a AMD A6-3500 for HTPC, but will I see picture improvements with HD 6530 GPU or will AMD not be the correct one with madVR?
SUPERBIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 13:45   #9683  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERBIF View Post
Hi I will be buying a AMD A6-3500 for HTPC, but will I see picture improvements with HD 6530 GPU or will AMD not be the correct one with madVR?
Offtopic, but you should reconsider and get A8​-3800 instead. It have HD 6550D GPU and 4cores. The price difference is not big. The TDP is the same - 65W

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 14:07   #9684  |  Link
SUPERBIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Offtopic, but you should reconsider and get A8​-3800 instead. It have HD 6550D GPU and 4cores. The price difference is not big. The TDP is the same - 65W
Thanks for the tip I have already my eyes on that one, but it is not released in my country (approx 1 month from now).

Back to my original question Will I get success in using the HD 6550 for madVR? I'm new to madVR but as far as I can read from this thread there seems to be some problems for AMD.
SUPERBIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 14:45   #9685  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Will I get success in using the HD 6550 for madVR?
I get it with 5450. But you'll need to fine tune your system and video driver for best possible perfomance.
Qaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 15:02   #9686  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Thanks for the tip I have already my eyes on that one, but it is not released in my country (approx 1 month from now).

Back to my original question Will I get success in using the HD 6550 for madVR? I'm new to madVR but as far as I can read from this thread there seems to be some problems for AMD.
Yes, you will get fine perf with madVR. I have a Llano notebook with the A6-3400M/6520G and it works great with madVR connected HDMI to an HDTV (24Hz) with Reclock. .
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 17:55   #9687  |  Link
Budtz

auto frequency problems

Hello

If I set my pc up to switch to 24hz when I open a file there is no image, only sound. If I pause/play I get the image. Or if I minimize/maximize. This seems to be regardless if I use madvr’s autofrequency or mpc-hc’s or the program called Autofrequency. Is this a bug in madvr or am I doing something wrong?
Budtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 21:52   #9688  |  Link
Andy o

The problem of power is not so much with 1080/24p content, but the true test is with original 1080i content (as opposed to telecine).
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 22:46   #9689  |  Link
Pix

This problem got more severe when I installed the newest madVR version. I realized that all this time I've had the same version because the download link gets cached because of the same name(I guess this is IDM problem, irrelevant )

I didn't get the screen with lines but sometimes it crashed with a gray color. I mean, it's not really that the PC crashes(restarts), it just freezes.

It didn't happen on my 1680x1050 display before but started happening early in the beginning of playback with the newest version.

The problem was that I didn't list my display modes for madVR to switch to. Specific being the refresh rate[p60, p59, p50](well, I think that was the problem because I have no freezes on my TV/monitor.)
I don't know why that caused the problem and I'm still not sure that I've solved it because during one playback the freeze happened for less than a second but playback continued without any complications.

I'll see if this continues.

As I've found the way to have a normal playback on my TV I've tried it on my monitor and a new problem arise.

As my LCD is 16:10 the maximum resolution doesn't support p59 and p50 but the lower(720p) does. When I switch to the 16:9 resolution - 720p, my driver maintains the aspect ratio and the upper/lower black line is present.
When I start the playback madVR switches to 720p resolution with the required refresh rate(p50/59/60) but somehow stretches the whole pic to my 16:10 monitor(not maintaining the 16:9).
I've tried overriding the stretch but the option to maintain the aspect ratio when switching to non-native resolutions became unavailable during playback.
Any ideas how to get the correct aspect ratio?

Last edited by Pix; 6th September 2011 at 10:41.
Pix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 05:07   #9690  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Do you think it would be possible to support .3dl2 files in addition to .3dlut files?

They are not too different, the main difference is that the value range, color encoding and primaries are encoded into the format itself, so if you support .3dlut already it shouldn't be too hard to add support for them.

(Otherwise, I can always provide a library or program to convert a .3dl2 into a .3dlut myself, but this would require .NET to run)
Old 6th September 2011, 16:46   #9691  |  Link
erejnion

Sorry for the noobish question, but I still have only a little experience in these things...

It's about my laptop:
Lenovo, Win7x64, c2d@2.0Ghz, 1680x1050 screen, ATI Mobility Radeon HD3400 --which is more or less on the minimal requirements for madVR.

I installed madVR with everything else uninstalled in advance, tho I kept the MPC settings, since at least the keys are a pain in the ass to set (I have changed most of the key bindings). Even so, I think I did set the needed things right, and it did show that madVR is used and everything should be working right.

Problem is, I think that my video card is just too weak: on a 720p video I got only up to around 20-24fps. For example, when playing a 60fps video, it dropped 2/3rds of the frames. Am I right, or did I mess up something? Also, for the future, what would be a nice choice for a video card if I want madVR to play up to 720p@60fps/1080p@30fps? On a similar display - 1680x1050 or 1920x1080, sth like that...
erejnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 01:42   #9692  |  Link
nabow

With the latest madVR using my HD5770, i can't get smooth playback in widowed mode. Full screen is fine, exclusive and non-exclusive. Some videos play fine if its 100% but soon as i start stretching i get judder/stutter. But using madVR .49 i do get smooth playback in windowed mode, all the later versions i get bad motion judder. This is with Aero on and no Reclock. Are there any noticeable differences between .49 and later versions?
nabow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 02:58   #9693  |  Link
dado023

Hiya,

it has been a long time since i visited doom9 forums .....see my join date

Recently i discovered madvr, and was doing a bit of research.....so to make it simple: the stronger GPU you have the bettter render you can produce.

My question is;
What are the best madVR settings for this situation:

Laptop 5552g CPU AMD quad core N950 GPU 6650m(480cores) with HDMI
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...M.43962.0.html

I usually connect HDMI to my tv lcd (1920x1080)
When i do this, my WIN7_32bit creates another desktop with resolution 1920x1080 and then i see picture on TV.

Then i start up MPC and drag it over to tv desktop screen, load the movie and tittles, then press alt+enter for full screen(1920x1080)

Here is the sample of the movie:
http://bayfiles.com/file/Zqn/bD7i7R/...tionSAMPLE.mkv

As you see it isnt full 1080p,,,it is a bit less.

I want to know will my configuration be able to get best possible output provided by madVR, and what are the best quality madVR settings for my scenario.

Thank you in advance

And how on earth do i reset madVR settings to default values, because i messed them up.

Last edited by dado023; 7th September 2011 at 03:00.
dado023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 06:18   #9694  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado023 View Post
And how on earth do i reset madVR settings to default values, because i messed them up.
restore default settings.bat in madVR folder.
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 08:11   #9695  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado023 View Post
I want to know will my configuration be able to get best possible output provided by madVR, and what are the best quality madVR settings for my scenario.
The short answer is if your PC is not dropping or glitching frames then your MadVR is functioning as intended.
In regards quality it's your choice as to which scaling algorithm you use, whatever suits your content and looks good to you and doesn't cause any frame related errors.
There are no "best quality" options with upscaling the 'trade quality for performance' options are not enabled by default and thus MadVR is setup for the highest output quality out of the box.

Last edited by ryrynz; 7th September 2011 at 08:23.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 09:38   #9696  |  Link
Budtz

24hz problems

If i set my tv (samsung ue40d6500 series) to 24hz i seem to get some audio video lipsync issues. Seems not to happen if i run 60fps but i cant get the tv's motion smothing to work and generally its very choppy at 60hz. 24hz silkysmoth. Can i do anything?
Budtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 09:46   #9697  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Configure a audio delay in your player of choice. Alot of TVs suffer from that problem, at 24hz they introduce a processing delay which causes the sync issues. For me, its around 200ms, but results will vary depending on your TV model, of course.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:01   #9698  |  Link
ironcobra

Im having an issue thats killing me, I just switched to the hdmi out on my 6850 and Im having stuttering issues with 1080p content. It only happens when it switches to exclusive mode its fine when i rightclick it to show the menu but as soon as it goes back to exclusive it stutters again. Its a very slight stuttering thats driving me nuts, drivers have been the same for a few weeks. My other specs are i52500k and 4 gigs of ram..so I doubt its my system any ideas 720p runs fine. The vids run fine on evr but not madvr if that helps.

Last edited by ironcobra; 7th September 2011 at 10:04.
ironcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 11:28   #9699  |  Link
nabow

Just found out why i was getting stutter with my hd5770. Looking at GPU-Z, the PowerPlay function of my ati card causes the core/memory clock to fluctuate erratically in windowed mode. I just opened a Youtube video to keep the core/memory locked at 400/900, and now i get smooth playback. But my GPU load is always low between 0-5%.
nabow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 15:18   #9700  |  Link
Portioli
Continuous Beta Tester

Can anybody upload or just post some links with samples of vc1 interlaced material please? (.m2ts and .mkv)

Google is not my friend this time.

Thanks in advance!
Portioli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling