Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th June 2007, 00:05   #321  |  Link
jinjin_jp

Actually when use "Next" button in the last program (chapter) it jumps to the VMGM PGC 3.
But it doesn't jump by PGC_3(of VTS), but by postcommand of PGC_1(of VTS).
So I think PGC_3 and NextPGCN link to 3 is no meaning.
I think NextPGCN link to 1 is simple and better.

Regards.
jinjin_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 06:43   #322  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Quote:
But it doesn't jump by PGC_3(of VTS), but by postcommand of PGC_1(of VTS)
No - post commands are entered if last chapter has been played (or with LinkTailPGC from cell- or buttoncommand), never with Next button.

BTW - TitlePGCs using CallSS commands should not be dummys, at least a tiny (black) cell is required to save resume state (one of the parameters of CallSS).

Last edited by bigotti5; 15th June 2007 at 07:13.
bigotti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 08:47   #323  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigotti5 View Post
In this case you can use "Next" button in the last program (chapter) to jump to the VMGM PGC 3, if no NextPGC is defined press "Next" button in last program has no effect.
... since Title 2 is not a one_sequential title.
You can even remove the post command in PGC 1. The NextPGCN link will do the same thing anyway.

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th June 2007 at 08:49.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 08:54   #324  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
No - post commands are entered if last chapter has been played (or with LinkTailPGC from cell- or buttoncommand), never with Next button.
Are you sure? That's not what I thought. If, for example, the NextPGCN link of PGC 1 is 1, the post-commands are executed.
Maybe there is a bug in trace mode. I don't remember what I have programmed when the NextPGCN is different than the current PGC number.

Quote:
BTW - TitlePGCs using CallSS commands should not be dummys, at least a tiny (black) cell is required to save resume state (one of the parameters of CallSS).
I didn't know that, but that seems logical.
Old 15th June 2007, 10:47   #325  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Quote:
If, for example, the NextPGCN link of PGC 1 is 1, the post-commands are executed.
Uuups - yes - if NextPGC is set to itself postcommand area is entered
Old 15th June 2007, 12:25   #326  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Uuups - yes - if NextPGC is set to itself postcommand area is entered
But ONLY in this case. Right?
Old 15th June 2007, 13:24   #327  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Quote:
But ONLY in this case. Right?
I agree.
---
Another question
Pgcedit marks "(JumpSS) Jump to VMGM Title menu" as illegal in VMGM domain, why?
I agree you should use LinkPGC inside a domain but JumpSS is not illegal (the verifiers will not complain).
Old 15th June 2007, 14:09   #328  |  Link
eckyecky

When i use delete uncalled pgcs i get the following error

Quote:
can't read "target(11)": no such element in array
can't read "target(11)": no such element in array
while executing
"set targetttn $target($origttn)"
(procedure "reorder_ttns_main" line 51)
invoked from within
"reorder_ttns_main $vts"
(procedure "::utils::delete_all_uncalled" line 192)
invoked from within
"::utils::delete_all_uncalled"
(menu invoke)
eckyecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 14:35   #329  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Pgcedit marks "(JumpSS) Jump to VMGM Title menu" as illegal in VMGM domain, why?
I don't remember where I got the list of illegal commands, but that was considered illegal. I will change that. Thanks.
Old 15th June 2007, 14:37   #330  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckyecky View Post
When i use delete uncalled pgcs i get the following error
Hum, difficult to understand the problem without the IFOs. Can you retry with a "fresh" PgcEdit? (I mean: launch PgcEdit, load the DVD and call Delete Uncalled immediately.)
Old 16th June 2007, 11:52   #331  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
post commands are entered if last chapter has been played (or with LinkTailPGC from cell- or buttoncommand), never with Next button.
Quote:
if NextPGC is set to itself postcommand area is entered
Finally, I disagree!

I have made a little PAL test DVD (50KB) to test that with my players.

The structure of the test DVD is very simple: a single not-one_sequential title with 3 PGCs, and one chapter per PGC. The first PGC (chapter 1) has its NextPGCN link = 2, and a single post-command: LinkPGCN PGC 3. Note that the NextPGCN link is not the current PGC number. Chapter 2 is displayed when the NextPGCN link is used, and chapter 3 is displayed if the post-command is executed.

I ran it on 4 totally different standalone players and 3 software players, and the result is always the same: the post command is always executed instead of the NextPGCN link, when the Next Chapter button is pressed during playback of chapter 1 (and, of course, also if chapter 1 is played until it ends.) Therefore, the NextPGCN number is either 0 (in which case most players will inhibit the Next button during playback of the last chapter of the PGC) or non-zero, and the post commands are executed. The PGC number is meaningless, unless there are no jumps in the post commands.

This is also how the PgcEdit trace mode handles the situation. Unless it is proved that all players are wrong, I will not change that.

You can burn the test DVD to confirm that your standalone player has the same behaviour. (Let me know if someone needs a NTSC version...)

Last edited by r0lZ; 16th June 2007 at 12:00.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:17   #332  |  Link
Rippraff

Cyberhome 505: post commands

Cu Rippraff
Rippraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 15:19   #333  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Old 16th June 2007, 15:36   #334  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Quote:
Therefore, the NextPGCN number is either 0 (in which case most players will inhibit the Next button during playback of the last chapter of the PGC) or non-zero, and the post commands are executed. The PGC number is meaningless, unless there are no jumps in the post commands.
Did the test and must agree...setting nextPGC link enables to enter postcommands in last program
Old 16th June 2007, 15:51   #335  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the confirmation!
Old 16th June 2007, 22:27   #336  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

In post- and precommand area CSetCLnk, CSetLnk, SetCLnk in conjunction with RSM are highlighted in pink (Command Editor GUI is correct, does not grey out RSM).
Old 16th June 2007, 23:21   #337  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, I know. It's a stupid bug. I check only the lower nibble of the last byte of the command, and therefore, RSM (0x10) is considered as LinkNoLink (0x00.) The bug is already fixed.
Thanks!
Old 18th June 2007, 11:31   #338  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

PgcEdit v8.3

A. = Added feature
E. = Enhancement
F. = Fixed bug

PgcEdit v8.3 (June 18, 2007)
  • A. PGC Editor -> CellTimes.txt has now a new option to generate the timecodes in the format needed by CCE (HH:MM:SS:FF instead of HH:MM:SS.FF).
  • A. Added two items in the Help menu to open online web pages on the Regular Expressions syntax.
  • E. Select a non-hidden button/BOV by default: Better warning or info messages when some cells cannot be processed or do not need to be processed.
  • F. When trace mode was used before Delete Uncalled PGCs or Delete Uncalled VTSs, the Trace failed with an error message when the DVD was reloaded.
  • F. Trace: a LinkPTT command caused sometimes the trace to stop working.
  • F. Remap Title Numbers and Remap VTSs (and all functions using internally those functions, like Delete Uncalled PGCs or VTSs) failed when a VMGM cell with a button command that jumps to a target that must be remapped was reused. The remapping was applied twice, and the target was wrong.
  • F. Replace VTST Titles: The VMG_TT_SRPT table (global Title Play Map table) was not updated when the titles were replaced, except when there were more replacing Titles than in the original DVD. However, opening the PGC Editor for a replaced Title had the effect to force the update of the table.
  • F. Select a non-hidden button/BOV by default: The Links to the first cell, PG or PTT with HL_BTN parameter were sometimes converted to GOTOs, instead of kept with a new HL_BTN number.
  • F. Command Editor: When a Set command was selected, its optional Link command was LinkNoLink by default, even when this link command is illegal in the current domain or pre/post/cell area. Now, the first legal link command is selected by default.
  • F. Command Editor: It was possible to enter 0 as the TTN parameter of the JumpSS-VTSM command, and the illegal command was not highlighted in pink.
  • F. Commands listbox: Any valid Set command with a legal RSM sub-command was highlighted in red in the pre/post commands areas.
  • F. When some IFO/BUP/VOB file names are not in upper case on a FAT32 disc, they were not renamed to upper case due to an incredible Windoze bug!
  • F. The PGC comments of the PGCs deleted by functions like Delete Last PGC or Remove Menu were not cleared, and were reused if a new PGC was created at the same location.
  • F. The temporary files needed by PgcEdit are now created with an unique filename to ensure that no conflict exists with another instance of PgcEdit, and are usually automatically deleted after use.
  • F. Under Linux, Options -> Input/Output -> Select Web Borwser did not work because it expected a filename with the .EXE extension. Sorry Linux fans!

Search and Replace plugin v2.0 (June 15, 2007)
  • Changes to the original Search and Replace function:
    • It is now possible to specify #N fields in the replace string to copy the Nth. byte from the source string at that position. See help for details.
    • It is also possible to replace a specific byte by the result of a math expression enclosed in parenthesis and containing #N fields.
    • Added Presets menu to open or save the current Search and Replace strings.
    • Added the "Convert SetGPRMMD to Set" hardcoded preset as an useful example of %N substitutions and of the usage of the math expressions.
    • The last search and replace strings used are saved as a default preset, and loaded automatically the first time the GUI is opened.
    • It is now possible to work in PgcEdit when the Search and Replace window is opened. Handy to copy/paste commands.
    • The contents of the edit boxes are now selected automatically when they receive the focus.
    • The OK button has been replaced by a Replace button. Now, the Replace window is not closed any more when the "Replace" button is pressed.
    • Added a status bar in the window to display the number of replacements.
  • Added the new function "Auto Increment" to increment some parameters of a list of several commands automatically. Very handy to create, for example, a list of commands to jump to a specific chapter, based on the content of a GPRM.
  • New guide, courtesy of Blutach: How to use PgcEdit’s Search & Replace Plugin (for v2.0)

VOBU plugin 1.2 (June 6, 2007)
  • The temporary file needed to launch the preview is now created with an unique filename to ensure that no conflict exists with another instance of PgcEdit, and is automatically deleted after use.

XiRON plugin 1.2 (June 6, 2007)
  • The temporary INI file needed to launch VobBlanker is now created with an unique filename to ensure that no conflict exists with another instance of PgcEdit, and is automatically deleted after use.
Old 18th June 2007, 11:50   #339  |  Link
linx05

Thank you very much!
linx05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 11:53   #340  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

As always, many thanks r0lZ!

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote