Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 26th December 2001, 13:24   #1  |  Link
schob

Toshiba SD-210E A/V synch

Last week I bought the Toshiba SD-210E player and I´m really happy with it, but I have A/V synch problems with SVCDs created on the computer.

As mentioned in this forum I tried to to set the startup delay in DVD2SVCD from 180ms up to 230ms. Also I deactivated the title-picture option. But the A/V snych problem of half a second is still there...

Do you have a solution for this problem?
schob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2001, 17:41   #2  |  Link
drandall

I have this exact same problem with my APEX AD-3201. I have tried everything this forum has suggested to correct sync problems but to no avail. I read on another site that the sync problem occurs as a result of the translation from 24fps to 29.97 fps....that every fourth frame is repeated as part of the translation causing the audio to become more and more out of sync. All help appreciated.
drandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2001, 20:38   #3  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi there, i have the same dvd-player and i'm really satisfied with it. I did some testing with this A/V-Sync issue and found a solution that works good for me.

In the bbMPEG Settings use 240 for Video and 120 for Audio 1 and Audio 2. As a result the encoded movies will play perfect on the Toshiba.

I cannot tell you if these movies will play correct on other dvd-players because till now i could only test them on a Philips 761 dvd-player and they played absolutely perfect but this has to be tested with some more players. Next week i can test a Grundig GDV-130 with these settings. But i think these Settings will play correct in other dvd-players ( or at least i hope so )

So try it, the movies will also play correct with PowerDVD or WinDVD or Mediaplayer.

Greetings,
gerti67
gerti67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2001, 00:51   #4  |  Link
mrbass

@schob and drandall

just curious if it's in synch under WinDVD or PowerDVD?
mrbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2001, 01:04   #5  |  Link
drandall

The movie I have been working with is Pearl Harbor. If I play the VOB file in PowerDVD all is in sync. After the DVD2SVDC process the resulting MPG file plays out of sync on the computer and on the APEX stand-alone by about 200-500ms. I've tried changing the bbMPEG video delay, using different ripping methods (DVD Decoder, the internal routines of DVD2SVDC, and SmartRipper), and using lower bit-rates (192, 160), but all with the same results. I am processing it again now using the VCDImager instead of the VCDXBuild. I read another post that indicated this might fix the problem. Thanks for the reply.
drandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2001, 01:16   #6  |  Link
schob

yes, I know the problem with Pearl Harbor nosync. But it´s another problem. the sound delay get larger to the end of the movie.

My problem is that the delay of audio is about 1/4 sec. after the movie during the whole movie...but only on the toshiba sd-210e. On my Computer CD-Rom it fits perfect.

Tonight I will try something with video + audio delay and movie offset.
schob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2002, 18:35   #7  |  Link
Nasdero

Hi,

I got this SD210E also, I called yesterday Toshiba germany and they told me an Address in Hanover, I should send it to this company, they will update the firmware and then should be everything ok with the sound and the SVCDs. It's for free, cause I got still waranty.

Kind regards,
Nasdero
Nasdero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2002, 21:47   #8  |  Link
WarpEnterprises
C64

-- HI THERE --
Has anybody got some news about the a/v sync problems and if there's a new firmware solution??
WarpEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2002, 00:57   #9  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi WarpEnterprises,

the only new firmware I know is the 2.2/1.4 but it does not solve the problem - it is reported that the delay only is a little bit shorter but not gone.

A good source to look for DVD player firmware questions is the German http://www.dvdboard.de - there's a long thread about the sync issues and the 210E/220E.

ANd it seems there will be no 2.3/1.4 as Toshiba claims: eoncoding with TMPGEnc and burning with VOB Instant Video produces SVCDs that play correctly.

I own a 210E and mux my SVCDs as described in here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8039

they play absolutely perfect but seems not on all other brands - but I don't care. Who knows waht will be in 2 years I think - we all produce our DVDs then with the DVD2DVDR feature of DVD2SVCD - and if not and I have to replace my old DVD player then I will make sure my old SVCDs will play correctly on the new one.

Greetings,
Gerti
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997
Old 23rd May 2002, 21:11   #10  |  Link
greg19

Just wondering which discs do you have success with on the sd210e
greg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2002, 00:18   #11  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi greg19,

I burn the SVCDs on Verbatim Datalife Plus - not the normal Verbatim Datalife - these are cheap media. But the Datalife Plus discs are very good (Mitsubishi Chemical dye) and I burn them with VCDEasy at 4x with my Mitsumi burner. And the result is very good - no problems with "hickups".

Greetings,
Gerti
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997
Old 26th June 2002, 11:24   #12  |  Link
WarpEnterprises
C64

I've heard that there may be NO a/v-sync problems when using the digital audio output.
Can anybody of you confirm this (I've got no digital amplifier...)
WarpEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote