Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th November 2003, 11:17   #1  |  Link
Shoobydoo

Scenarist errors when used with DVD2SVCD

I'm having a problem during the DVD Image building phase of DVD2SVCD. Here's what is in the log window of DVD2SVCD:

--------------------------------------------------------
- 11/5/2003 5:50:48 PM
- Free on drive D: 18343.00 mb
- Creating DVD-Image using Sonic Scenarist
--------------------------------------------------------
Creating Sonic Scenarist Script file
Executing Sonic Scenarist
Scenarist Failed!
Layout Failed (See Message Window)

When I look in the message window in the Scenarist session (v2.7,0.0241) on the Import and Build tabs, this is what it says.

[IMPORT TAB]

Info -----------------------------------------
Info Start Importing
Info ------ Reading script ------
Info Importing MODIFIER VERSION
Info Importing Data
Info Importing Encoded_Video_CCE_PAL
Warning This Video [ D:\DVD RIPPING\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_Video_CCE_PAL.mpv ] has different duration.
Error D:\DVD RIPPING\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_Video_CCE_PAL.mpv
Error : Frame rate (3 = reserved) is wrong.

Error Importing failed

[BUILD TAB]

Info
Info Creating DVD Files
Error m_targetDirPath is not set.(CDvdGenFiles::CreateDVDDir())
Error Init failed. st<-1>
Error DVD files could not be created

Does anyone have any idea what these errors mean or how to get around them? Oh btw, I'm using Windows XP Pro (if that matters) and have had this problem both with the latest version of DVD2SVCD and the previous one.

Thanks
Shoobydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2003, 17:12   #2  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Just to let you know I did several DVD2DVD encodes yesterday using subs and multiple audio with no problems. My OS is XP Pro. This will not be helpful to you except to suggest it is not a blanket problem with D2s.

Can you manually use scenarist? If so, try it. I think Doom9 has a scenarist guide. I am wondering if it may be caused by an installation problem with scenarist? Trying it manually would maybe tell us that.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2003, 16:59   #3  |  Link
Shoobydoo

Well, I'm not trying to use Subs or multiple audio (just standard stereo) or even menus for that matter.

I just want DVD2SVCD (In this case, in AVI to DVD mode) to re-encode the movie (I'm using CCE for encoding) and end up with the IFO/BUP/VOB files needed to burn to DVD, without having to manually launch and configure/run a separate app to complete the job, as that would sorta negate the purpose of an all-in-one utility like DVD2SVCD.

I tried to do the final part manually in scenarist, and got the same (or simular) errors. As the source file was PAL format, and I wanted NTSE, I used AutoFitCD plugin to change the outputed movie to be NTSE (un-tick PAL in the output field) and told it to use 23.976 (instead of the original 25) Or, at least that was the plan....

Anyway, to make a long story short, I don't think Scenarist liked the resulting *.mpv and *.mp2 files. In fact, none of my DVD encoding/converting/building apps liked them lol Well, with one exception that is....

I multiplexed the 2 files into a single mpeg2 file and tried that with the same lack of results, except with Sonic MyDVD. MyDVD imported it and was able to build the DVD files (IFO/BUP/VOB) from it. WOOHOOO!!!

The only thing is, that the 1 hour and 40 minute movie ended up as 7 1 gig VOBs that definitely won't fit on 1 DVD lol (Though the resulting movie looks surprisingly GREAT for a AVI-DVD re-encode)

Oh well....I'm new to this stuff so I still have a lot to learn.....one of these days I'll figure it all out.

Thanks

Last edited by Shoobydoo; 7th November 2003 at 21:13.
Shoobydoo is offline   Reply With Quote