Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 8th October 2018, 14:42   #3141  |  Link
thescrapyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Just found another bug when dealing with clips with more than 1 audio tracks:

With the default source configuration (A2DSource) DirectShow will be used for audio. But only for the first audio track, because DirectShowSource does not allow track selection. The second and third audio tracks will use FFmpegSource because it allows track selection.

This works nicely as long as DirectShowSource picks the first audio track of the source clip. But I found that this is not always true. The sample clip from this post
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...24#post1854124
has 3 audio tracks, and the second one is marked as "default". For this clip DirectShowSource will pick the second (default) audio track as the first audio track, and A2D will throw an error because the number of channels is different for the two tracks.

The only workaround I can think of so far is to not use DirectShowSource Audio at all for such sources, force using FFmpegSource instead. This will treat the track numbers correctly, but the "Default" audio track flag will be lost. Does MPEG2 even support this flag at all?

Cheers
manolito
I thought it was me, but I've had this issue a few times with multiple audio tracks

I also had issues with sometimes you end up with the default audio track which may not be the audio track you actually want, even though you chose something different as the ONLY audio track. I found the easiest way aroudn this problem was to use MKVToolnix and just strip what audio you don't want and try again ...
thescrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 12:15   #3142  |  Link
imsrk48

how to make any mkv or mp4 into DVD player playable format??
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 14:04   #3143  |  Link
manolito

Download AVStoDVD (the installer version), install the required helper software if it's not already installed (AviSynth, LAVFilters, optionally IMGBurn), then install AVStoDVD. Leave all settings at their defaults for now.

Have a look at the documentation to familiarize yourself with the GUI interface. Load your source file(s) and click "Start".

If AVStoDVD is too complicated for you, I suggest to try DVDFlick v2 (get it at VideoHelp). It is based on FFMpeg, very easy to use and delivers more than acceptable quality.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 10th October 2018 at 17:10.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 18:38   #3144  |  Link
imsrk48

Thanks buddy
Quote:
Download AVStoDVD (the installer version), install the required helper software if it's not already installed (AviSynth, LAVFilters, optionally IMGBurn), then install AVStoDVD. Leave all settings at their defaults for now.

Have a look at the documentation to familiarize yourself with the GUI interface. Load your source file(s) and click "Start".

If AVStoDVD is too complicated for you, I suggest to try DVDFlick v2 (get it at VideoHelp). It is based on FFMpeg, very easy to use and delivers more than acceptable quality.

Cheers
manolito
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2018, 04:35   #3145  |  Link
manolito

Found a tiny little issue in the latest non-public Alpha:

The WEBM format was added a short while ago to the officially supported formats. Works perfectly when opening source files, but under "Tools/Demux" the WEBM extension is not included in the "all supported formats" file mask. Adding a WEBM file by specifying a "*" character in the "file open" field works fine, the file gets demuxed perfectly.

Cheers
manolito
Old 24th December 2018, 10:02   #3146  |  Link
manolito

And another year is almost over...

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everone,

Cheers
manolito
Old 24th December 2018, 18:59   #3147  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Best wishes from my side too, to you Manolito, for the impressive contributions you have given in the years to the doom9 community, to MrC for the great work of coding and support on AVStoDVD, to all forum users and your families...

Cheers,
sd
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 17:52   #3148  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@manolito

thanks for the tiny bug report... final 2.8.8 should see the light before New Year's Eve

@manolito, SD, all

happy holidays to everybody, I wish you all the best for the upcoming 2019

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 12:00   #3149  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

OK, 2.8.8 final release is out.

No major updates from latest 2.8.8 alpha. Cumulative change log from 2.8.7:

- Some bugs fixed
- Added 'Audio Peak Level Check' feature in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'/'Audio'/'Delay Audio' option
- Added support to OGG chapters txt format (timestamps) in 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Import Chapters' routine
- Added management of 'Default=Yes/No' audio and subs tracks tags from MediaInfo, instead of assuming that 1st track is the default one
- Improved 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'/'Export Chapters' routine
- Improved source chapters detection routine (now it works again for IFO/DVD files)
- Improved handling of NTSC progressive sources with pulldown flags
- MKVToolNix updated to release 23.0.0
- MediaInfo updated to release 18.03
- LAV Filters updated to release 0.73.1

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 16:14   #3150  |  Link
manolito

Thanks very much MrC, works beautifully...

And again a happy new year to you and your family, hopefully with a little less stress.

Cheers
manolito
Old 15th March 2019, 02:44   #3151  |  Link
manolito

Small request for the next version:

For high bitdepth sources the current ffms2 versions need the parameter colorspace="YV12". Without this parameter it quits with the error message that it cannot find a suitable output format.

Since A2D always needs YV12 output it won't hurt to specify this parameter no matter what the soure bitdepth is.
The last ffms2 version which works without the colorspace parameter is ffms2_r1140+101-avs+vsp.7z. Download here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...12#post1783312

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 15th March 2019 at 06:52.
Old 20th March 2019, 23:10   #3152  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Many thanks to all for the continuous work !
System here: Win7U64 SP1, Avisynth is used in the Repository form
(no vanilla install at the usual place, rather switchable between 6 versions in separate folder by .bat file (Groucho2004 system)

I am just trying A2D 2.8.8 and it won't find any Avisynth installation, warns that it would be missing.

While my external AvsMeter 2.9.0 finds and reports all Avisynth versions I switch to.

Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
Old 21st March 2019, 00:54   #3153  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
Many thanks to all for the continuous work !
System here: Win7U64 SP1, Avisynth is used in the Repository form
(no vanilla install at the usual place, rather switchable between 6 versions in separate folder by .bat file (Groucho2004 system)

I am just trying A2D 2.8.8 and it won't find any Avisynth installation, warns that it would be missing.

While my external AvsMeter 2.9.0 finds and reports all Avisynth versions I switch to.

Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
The problem is the Avisynth detection routine in AVStoDVD. It's very error prone and should be replaced. Since MrC is already using AVSMeter to detect clip properties it would be easy to also use it to detect the Avisynth version reliably -> "avsmeter avsinfo -log" and then parse the log file.
Old 21st March 2019, 07:10   #3154  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
AFAIK this warning is purely cosmetic and you can ignore it - of course only if AVS 2.60 or 2.61 Alpha or a current 32-bit AVS+ version is correctly installed. With AVS+ I also get this warning that at least AVS v. 2.60 is required (AVS+ returns 0.1.0 as the version number), but it never caused a problem for me. BTW I do not use Groucho's AVS switcher batch file, I copy the relevant files manually from the repository to the relevant folders. Both official installers for either classic AVS as well as for AVS+ work with AVStoDVD.

PLease have a look at this post and MrC's answer:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...57#post1775057

Last edited by manolito; 21st March 2019 at 07:22.
Old 21st March 2019, 11:46   #3155  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
PLease have a look at this post and MrC's answer:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...57#post1775057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Instead there is a show stop when AviSynth.dll is not found from the path taken from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AviSynth" registy key.
This is nonsense. The entries under that key don't include the path where avisynth.dll is located (System32/SysWoW64). These entries only hold the install- and plugin path:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AviSynth]
@="D:\\Program Files\\AviSynth"
"plugindir2_5"="D:\\Program Files\\AviSynth\\plugins"
"initialplugindir"="D:\\Program Files\\AviSynth\\plugins"
Old 21st March 2019, 13:19   #3156  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
This is nonsense. The entries under that key don't include the path where avisynth.dll is located (System32/SysWoW64).
Yes, you are right, I believe that this was an error from MrC.

AVStoDVD needs a 32-bit AviSynth.dll either in System32 (for a 32-bit Windows) or in SysWOW64 (for a 64-bit Windows), and I think it does check for this.

Whatever, if AviSynth is installed correctly then it will work in AVStoDVD, even if it throws a warning about an incorrect version in case you are using AVS+. After all AVStoDVD does not interface with AVS directly, it just creates an AVS script which becomes the input for the selected encoder. It does not even care for the AviSynth\Plugins folder, it loads all necessary plugins explicitly from its own Lib folder.

Last edited by manolito; 21st March 2019 at 13:29.
Old 21st March 2019, 14:14   #3157  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Whatever, if AviSynth is installed correctly then it will work in AVStoDVD, even if it throws a warning about an incorrect version in case you are using AVS+.
Sure. However, my point is - It could be so simple to use a reliable way to detect Avisynth (via AVSMeter) instead of confusing users who don't know that they can ignore the warning. It's just seems bizarre to me to keep using this horribly flawed (well, at least from a developers point of view) detection method.
Old 21st March 2019, 16:25   #3158  |  Link
manolito

Well, you know how old AVStoDVD is...

Newer AviSynth forks were non-existent then, and up to now only classic AVS 2.60 is officially supported. Users who want to try other AVS versions are on their own - or need to rely on information they can get at the usual places.

MrC has not posted here or at VideoHelp for almost 3 months now, his real life (work and family) seems to leave not much time for maintaining AVStoDVD these days. That's perfectly alright with me. The software is very mature as it is, and creating DVDs is not too sexy today so the user base is diminishing. Keeping the software up to date in the sense that it continues supporting current source formats is probably all anyone could ask for, and so far this seems to be the case.
Old 22nd March 2019, 07:04   #3159  |  Link
thescrapyard

Quote:
Well, you know how old AVStoDVD is...

Newer AviSynth forks were non-existent then, and up to now only classic AVS 2.60 is officially supported. Users who want to try other AVS versions are on their own - or need to rely on information they can get at the usual places.

MrC has not posted here or at VideoHelp for almost 3 months now, his real life (work and family) seems to leave not much time for maintaining AVStoDVD these days. That's perfectly alright with me. The software is very mature as it is, and creating DVDs is not too sexy today so the user base is diminishing. Keeping the software up to date in the sense that it continues supporting current source formats is probably all anyone could ask for, and so far this seems to be the case.
He has said that real life and work leave him very little time for AVStoDVD these days so any updates have to be made that won't break or change anything that is already working fine, hence just minor updates as and when

I use the latest avisynth+, using the official installer, and it works perfectly with AVstoDVD. It just reports that encoding routines 'may' not work as the avisynth base isn't found. It still works though

https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthPlus/releases

I also update AVSMeter when a new release comes out and also FFMPEG is updated to nightlies every now and then and both work perfectly. The nightly of FFMPEG (32bit static ONLY) seems to be faster for me. Just a case of overwriting the original or make a backup first just in case it does break something in AVStoDVD
thescrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2019, 17:15   #3160  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Many thanks, that clears it up.
So I did safely ignore that warning and encoding did indeed start.