Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 31st December 2015, 14:41   #2881  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD release 2.8.4 Alpha 151229 is available to download

Change log:

- Added 'Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
- Added 'All'/'None' selection buttons to all ListBox forms
- Improved parsing routine for SubRip subtitles
- Removed 2nd authoring attempt if 1st fails (used new BatchMux 1.4 -bmlog flag)
- Validated compatibility with Windows 10
- ColorMatrix plugin updated to release 2.5
- FFMpegSource plugin updated to release 2.21
- BatchMux updated to release 0.14
- HCenc updated to release 0.28 (16-08-2015)
- AVSMeter updated to release 2.1.3
- LAV Filters updated to release 0.67
- MediaInfo updated to release 0.7.77

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 04:19   #2882  |  Link
manolito

Thanks very much for the new version, I just tested it a little bit, no problems so far...

I cannot comment on the Improved parsing routine for SubRip subtitles, I never use subs.

Otherwise the only thing not working on my computer is the new ffms2 version. This version requires a CPU with SSE2 capability, and my machine only has SSE. This breaks the new version even if I do not use FFMpegSource because the A2DSource.avsi always tries to load ffms2.dll.

If there are any A2D users out there using a computer without SSE2 capability, I do have a transparent workaround, just let me know...

The newer BatchMux version works well with some basic menu creation tasks.

Updating the A2D helper utilities is already a little behind, some apps have been updated recently:

HCenc has been updated on Dec 21 fixing a critical VBV buffer bug.
ffms2 has a newer version 2.22.
MediaInfo is now at version 0.7.81

I tested these new versions, they all work well.

The included version of ffmpeg 2.2.3 is getting a little old. The latest stable point release is version 2.8.4, and it is also working nicely (except for the bitrate limit for VCD frame sizes). I have no idea though if there are any improvements for MPEG2 encoding in the newer versions.

Happy New Year!

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 1st January 2016 at 04:21.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 18:31   #2883  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
- AVSMeter updated to release 2.1.3
Just curious - Why not the latest version (2.1.6)?
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 22:03   #2884  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@manolito

thanks for testing the new Alpha so quickly. I will add to the Readme.txt file the explicit requirement to have a SSE2 capable CPU. I will check the newer releases of HCenc, ffms2 and MediaInfo ASAP (don't know how soon in these days, actually...). I would kindly ask you to update the German.lang.ini file, line 270031.

@Groucho2004

I will update. BTW, are there any improvements in the AVS info report from release 2.1.3 to 2.1.6? I apologize if I'm asking directly w/o going to read the change log... I feel so squeezed in this period.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 1st January 2016, 22:45   #2885  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
BTW, are there any improvements in the AVS info report from release 2.1.3 to 2.1.6?
The clip info section has not changed.
There is comprehensive info about the installed Avisynth version in the "[General info]" section which might be useful to you (or other GUI authors).
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 16:24   #2886  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
The clip info section has not changed.
There is comprehensive info about the installed Avisynth version in the "[General info]" section which might be useful to you (or other GUI authors).
Thanks!

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 2nd January 2016, 17:21   #2887  |  Link
manolito

Here are the updated 2 lines for the German language file:

Quote:
270030 AVStoDVD mit erweiterten Rechten ausführen:
270031 Erzwingt Starten von AVStoDVD wie mit 'Rechts-Klick' > 'Ausführen als Administrator'

Tested the latest AVSMeter version, no problems.

Quick question:
I noticed that the file "ffms2.avsi" is present in the Lib folder. I think it should not be there since AVStoDVD does not call any of its functions. Am I right?

Cheers
manolito
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:01   #2888  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Thanks manolito for the translations

You are right, the ffms2.avsi is redundant in A2D scope. BTW can be useful for any curious user who wants to play with ffms2 or to learn some AviSynth scripting.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 4th January 2016, 07:33   #2889  |  Link
SuLyMaN

Yay new version. Thanks MrC. Going to download and use it tonight!
I have a request for you if its possible to implement without too much work. Each time you load AVStoDVD, you have to choose your output (iso, file, burn dvd) The setting is not saved. Is there some way to save the last used setting? Thanks.
SuLyMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 10:10   #2890  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Sure: 'Preferences' > 'Misc' > 'Save general Settings at Program Exit'

Don't forget to toggle on 'Save current Preferences as default'

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 4th January 2016, 15:21   #2891  |  Link
SuLyMaN

Worked perfectly. Thanks Now to upgrade to new version!

Last edited by SuLyMaN; 4th January 2016 at 15:29.
SuLyMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 03:48   #2892  |  Link
hurricane51

Disable "Play All" Button?

How do I disable the Play All button in version 2.8.3?
hurricane51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 16:17   #2893  |  Link
manolito

http://i.imgur.com/Y5oszgx.png

Cheers
manolito
Old 7th January 2016, 18:47   #2894  |  Link
hurricane51

Thanks. Just creeping senility showing.
hurricane51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 11:59   #2895  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
The newer BatchMux version works well with some basic menu creation tasks.

This statement was a little premature...

Some more extensive tests showed that the new BatchMux version 1.4 is not fully backward compatible.

For most projects MuxMan will fail completely using the new BatchMux version. The log says that it cannot find the destination folder, but this folder does exist for sure.

BatchMux INI file:
Quote:
-bmlog "I:\DVD_BatchMux.log"
-d "I:\DVD\VIDEO_TS"
-mxp "I:\DVD_MuxMan.mxp"
-l "I:\DVD_MuxMan.log"
-muxman "E:\Programme\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
-prio LOW
-palette "I:\DVD_Palette.txt"
-v "I:\DVD_2.m2v"
-vidmode 4:3
-a1 "I:\DVD_2_1.ac3"
-a1lang de
-SEG2v "I:\DVD_MenuPage1.bmp"
-SEG2vidmode 4:3
-SEG2s1 "I:\DVD_Menu.sst"
-SEG2s1dmode LB
-SEG2hlmnu "I:\DVD_MenuPage1_Buttons.mnu"
-SEG2hlcsm "I:\DVD_HighlightScheme.csm
-hcn "I:\DVD_BatchMux.hcn"
BatchMux Log file:
Quote:
BatchMux log file --> I:\DVD_BatchMux.log
BatchMux: ERROR - destination folder does not exist...
Dyn. allocated segment resources --> RELEASED
--> 1 segments
Dyn. allocated BmArg resources --> RELEASED
--> 37 BmArg structures
Local Stack memory --> RELEASED

To fix the issue it is not required to go back to the last A2D stable version. Replacing BatchMux.exe 1.4 in the new separate BatchMux subfolder with the previous version 1.3 takes care of it.

Cheers
manolito
Old 26th January 2016, 13:52   #2896  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Ho, oh...

Quote:
...but this folder does exist for sure...
Mhhh... Please forgive me for asking, but are you totally sure about this? Or better, which folder are you sure about? I\DVD or I\DVD\VIDEO_TS? or both?

In my tests, if the folder pointed out in the -d command exists, the error about missing destination folder should be NOT produced...

What about (in your testing environment) trying with a destination folder which does not end with "VIDEO_TS" ?

Note that the behaviour of MuxMan about creating automatically the VIDEO_TS subfolder has changed in the release 0.16.7, and in particular it is not the same to launch manually MuxMan through its GUI or via C/L. So the need to explicitly check about the existance of the destination folder before launching the authoring session, introduced in BM 1.4 can not be avoided...

The fix of using BM 1.3 as a temporary solution is very good, indeed (no more log file about the authoring session, however)...
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 16:00   #2897  |  Link
manolito

Hi SD,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
Mhhh... Please forgive me for asking, but are you totally sure about this? Or better, which folder are you sure about? I\DVD or I\DVD\VIDEO_TS? or both?
Both of course. There is a folder I:\DVD which has the subfolders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Both are completely empty.

It also has nothing to do with a delay if the folder(s) are newly created. I repeated the conversion many times while these folders were already present.

Quote:
What about (in your testing environment) trying with a destination folder which does not end with "VIDEO_TS" ?
This is totally under the control of AVStoDVD. I specified to use "I:\" as the output folder, and A2D creates the VIDEO_TS subfolder by itself.

Quote:
Note that the behaviour of MuxMan about creating automatically the VIDEO_TS subfolder has changed in the release 0.16.7, and in particular it is not the same to launch manually MuxMan through its GUI or via C/L. So the need to explicitly check about the existance of the destination folder before launching the authoring session, introduced in BM 1.4 can not be avoided...
It has nothing to do with the MuxMan version, version 0.16.8 has been used by A2D for a long time already.

So far I think nothing has been lost, by using BatchMux 1.4 AVStoDVD has not added any new features so going back to version 1.3 is not a big deal. For using the new features of the latest BatchMux version 1.6 it will be necessary to modify AVStoDVD quite a bit, and this will take some time...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 26th January 2016 at 16:03.
Old 26th January 2016, 17:36   #2898  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
It also has nothing to do with a delay if the folder(s) are newly created. I repeated the conversion many times while these folders were already present.
Even though the folders are already present, once you launch a new conversion the DVD folder under I: is (possibly - I am not sure about) newly created, then its subfolders may still not exist at the time BM is launched. This is easy to check (just add whatever testing file in the VIDEO_TS folder; if this file is still there after a new conversion this will demonstrate that the folder is already present).

Another test, without using AVS2DVD, would be interesting: which is by launching BM from a cmd window, manually. The command to use would be something like this:
I:\BatchMux.exe -arglist DVD_BatchMux.ini

Quote:
So far I think nothing has been lost, by using BatchMux 1.4 AVStoDVD has not added any new features so going back to version 1.3 is not a big deal. For using the new features of the latest BatchMux version 1.6 it will be necessary to modify AVStoDVD quite a bit, and this will take some time...
I agree. I would like just to understand. At this time it is not clear to me if the fault you are experiencing is an issue of BM or not... I mean, BM 1.4 introduced the support of some MuxMan additional features, newly introduced in MuxMan starting from version 0.16.7. Even thought these new features are not used, the way of launching MuxMan changed in BM 1.4. So, some adaptation was needed anyway in AVS2DVD for using BM 1.4; I hope this is understood.
Let's way for some comments on the subject from MrC.

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 26th January 2016 at 17:39.
Old 29th January 2016, 17:27   #2899  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

SD, manolito

I have had some weeks ago an email exchange with a A2D user, having a similar problem. Unfortunately I currently do not have the time to dig deeply into this issue. I report the email exchange, if it can help...

Quote:
Hi, hope you don't mind me emailing you with a problem regarding the newest alpha. I understand it's an alpha release and expect there to be issues but just like to keep up to date with new versions. With the new alpha any project will abort during authoring stage, I'm guessing this is related to the changes to BatchMux?

I tried a few different files and had the same issue all at the authoring stage, below is the message from one of the log files (they all seem to end with this error)

BatchMux log file --> D:\temp\DVD_BatchMux.log
BatchMux: ERROR - destination folder does not exist...
Dyn. allocated segment resources --> RELEASED
--> 1 segments
Dyn. allocated BmArg resources --> RELEASED
--> 29 BmArg structures
Local Stack memory --> RELEASED

The same files work with 2.8.3. I tried updating the noinstall as well as new installation.

Sorry to bother you

Thanks,
User

------------------------------------

Hi User,

could you please send me the complete project .log file?

Thanks
User

Yeah of course, thanks for the quick response.

Have attached the logs from 3 projects, this was a clean install of the new alpha.

Thanks.

Hi User,

It seems that AVStoDVD is not able to create the "D:\Documents\AVStoDVD\Clip - 18x01\VIDEO_TS" folder. Not enough user privileges?

I would suggest you to try 2 things, separately:

1. Modify the output folder, using for example: "C:\Users\User\Videos"

2. Activate the option 'Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges' from 'Preferences' > 'Misc'

Let me know

Bye

Hi, I've attempted again with your suggestions and this is the new log file. It does create the folders and the files are there.

Thank you for helping too.

Hi, last email I swear! Seems it only doesn't work if I set the output to the D drive, can't understand why as it worked in the previous version. Seems to work if everything is on the C drive. I can make do with that for now I think, still strange.

Thanks for your time and solving the issue
Bye

MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 29th January 2016 at 17:30.
Old 29th January 2016, 20:19   #2900  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Ok. Just checked. The issue is in the code of BM.

There is one single line of code where the problem originates.

One new function has been introduced, from the release 1.4 up to the latest 1.6, which is most possibly responsible for the reported odd behaviours. This function (in the WinApi) is the "GetFileAttributes". In the BM code it is used to check the destination folder against the constant 0x10 "FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY". All other results from this test currently trigger the reported BatchMux ERROR. I am quite sure (now, after deepening the matter) that encrypted directories - 0x4000 "FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ENCRYPTED", mounted volumes, network drives and possibly other legit directories in the user's file system are wrongly interpreted as invalid directories.

I will do some testing during the week end and report back to you...

Stay tuned, and in the meanwhile, please proceed as suggested by manolito - downgrade to BM release 1.3, or by MrC - just use a plain directory under the C: volume...

Cheers,
SD

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 29th January 2016 at 23:08. Reason: Detailing...