Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 30th September 2007, 12:26   #41  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
With the new 163.71 WHQL Nvidia drivers, if I activate WMV dxva using the WMV Powertoy, the WMV9 decoder gets accelerated and now both cores read the same low level (8500GT).
In general, should WMV acceleration be enabled or disabled? My mind says enabled, but it's curious that 's disabled by default, and not an option in the driver CP.
Shakey_Jake33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 19:12   #42  |  Link
slaman

If I do this, can I not load .sub files then?

I'll test it out when I get home though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
I found enabling overlay in MPC to be the smoothest for playback: VMR7/9 renderless caused a very stuttery effect for me and VMR7/9 used more CPU and was not quite as smooth.

The other interesting effect I noticed is that I use a C2D CPU and whilst the CPU loads on the cores look the same on the level meter, the individual core graphs of load show one core is about 3 times the other. Consequently, whilst overall load is showing say 50%, one of the cores is actually around 80%: this could mean that one core may be overloaded even though the average load seems to be quite low. I'm not sure why the cores are unevenly loaded, unless WMV9 decoder only uses 1 core and the audio decoder the other. May be an explanation for why you see stuttery results.
slaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 19:32   #43  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

You can't use mpc's built-in subtitles, but you can use vsfilter or ffdshow to display them.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 11:44   #44  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

Following these instructions, I can get .evo files from HD-DVD's playing lovely.

However, I have .m2ts with 96/24 Stereo LPCM sound, and they play with no sound
Old 28th October 2007, 19:38   #45  |  Link
bullet_ballet

I cannot, for the life of me, get MPC to use Sonic Audio Decoder to play audio in my evo files. It defaults to ffdshow, and if I block/disable it it then uses Cyberlink. If I block that, it uses something called "AC3 Filter (low merit)". I am using Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.2 and not 4.3.

[Edit]
It was the fact that I was using 4.2. After installing 4.3 audio works perfectly.

Last edited by bullet_ballet; 28th October 2007 at 19:55. Reason: Found the solution
bullet_ballet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 09:35   #46  |  Link
damngod

Hey, I also have a problem with Sonic Audio Decoder (4.3). MPC crashes when I change the audio track. Playing the movie with the first (default) one is perfect but once I select another one, there is no sound and I got an error related to cinemasteraudio.dll. Using both version of Haali Media Splitter makes no change at all.

Any idea ?
damngod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 17:22   #47  |  Link
sarah99

Quote:
Originally Posted by damngod View Post
Hey, I also have a problem with Sonic Audio Decoder (4.3). MPC crashes when I change the audio track. Playing the movie with the first (default) one is perfect but once I select another one, there is no sound and I got an error related to cinemasteraudio.dll. Using both version of Haali Media Splitter makes no change at all.

Any idea ?
Change the audio track from the Haali filter WITHIN the play window, only using the tray icon causes the problem.
sarah99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 01:51   #48  |  Link
ekonsoda

Everything works nice, except for one thing. Ho do I use S/PDIF on DD+ and DTS-HD in EVO files? The Sonic audio decoder doesn't seem to support this, and no other decoder handles DD+. DTS-HD works with m2ts files, using MPC's built in DTS decoder, but this does not work with EVO files. With evo's, dts playback is either choppy, out of sync or just plain weird (audio artifacts or whatever you can call it). It works with sonic audio decoder but like I said, no S/PDIF.
ekonsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 02:10   #49  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

S/PDIF won't work because DD+ cannot be sent over S/PDIF. Nor can DTS-HD actually (unless it's extracting the DTS Core track).
To send as 5.1 over SPDIF, it needs to be transcoded to AC3. Both ffdshow and AC3Filter can do this, but I've had no luck using them with the Sonic Audio Decoder.
Old 27th November 2007, 02:26   #50  |  Link
ekonsoda

Sorry, I wasn't being clear enough.

I am only looking to get the core mix out of DD+ and DTS-HD over S/PDIF, as I do with PowerDVD. And like you say, Sonic Audio Decoder does not work with AC3filter so no transcode there. If only the PowerDVD audio decoder was usable in directshow applications. And btw, why isn't sonic audio decoder doing S/PDIF?

And why isn't the bulit in DTS decoder working for DTS-HD in EVO's when i works with m2ts files?
Old 27th November 2007, 02:33   #51  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

There is actually no DD core mix inside DD+ or TrueHD, only DTS-HD has a legacy core mix. PowerDVD transcodes DD+ to DD on the fly, and not very well either

I'm suprised the DTS decoder is able to extract the DTS core from DTS-HD at all tbh.
Old 27th November 2007, 03:05   #52  |  Link
ekonsoda

Hmmm, are you sure about that? I knew that TrueHD didn't have a legacy mix but I actually thought DD+ did. PowerDVD doesn't do transcoding of TrueHD to DD, at least not for me, so I figured DD+ cotained a DD mix aswell since that is working over S/PDIF as a legacy DD stream.

If reading here: http://www.dolby.com/consumer/techno...ital_plus.html

Dolby highlights one of the features of DD+ as: "Outputs a Dolby Digital bitstream for playback on existing Dolby Digital systems"

Do they rely on the player manufacturer to implement a transcoding function? It sounds a bit odd to me.
Old 27th November 2007, 08:14   #53  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

I assure you, neither DD+ nor TrueHD have a core DD mix. I certainly wish they did tbh =/ PowerDVD transcodes, as does the XBox 360 Player.
Old 4th December 2007, 02:35   #54  |  Link
maxpower2078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
I assure you, neither DD+ nor TrueHD have a core DD mix. I certainly wish they did tbh =/ PowerDVD transcodes, as does the XBox 360 Player.
So am I hearing this correctly, there is no way to passthrough the signal with Sonic?

I am having troubles with powerdvd and getting it to use SPDIF and that is the reason why I am trying to get this to work, but if it can't pass through a multi-channel signal over SPDIF, this is no good.

What would be the best way to get the non-decoded signal out SPDIF into my receiver?
maxpower2078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 23:44   #55  |  Link
derekz

hi ...i tray to play .evo on MPclassic ...I see the video but no audio (audio is DD+) .... i set powerdvd audio and video external filters. how filter i need?
derekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 03:20   #56  |  Link
blizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99 View Post
I would need a snap of your active filters when playing that movie to have any idea what was going wrong.

You do know that you can use GraphEdit to do the same thing without the process of screen shots? Go to this Wiki to see what it is and how you download it and use it. It is part of MS DirectX SDK and most computer have DirectX installed as part of DirectShow, so it should be on your computer from the start.

When you want to create a filer graph you just go to File>Render Media File in GraphEdit. That will load media file, connect all directshow filter and play (render video and audio) video. You can also connect to a playing file from MPC (it is a directshow based player) with GraphEdit to see how the filter chain was created.

GraphEdit can be used to save a filter chain as a file (.grf) instead of creating a screen shot, which will save you from the work to use MS Paint and save it as bit map file. Could be useful tool to help other find a filter chain or to guide them without need of large images.

Last edited by blizard; 5th December 2007 at 03:30.
blizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 18:51   #57  |  Link
derekz

hi ...i tray to play .evo on MPclassic ...I see the video but no audio (audio is DD+) .... i set powerdvd audio and video external filters. how filter i need for dd+ audio ? thanks

Last edited by derekz; 7th December 2007 at 19:07.
Old 7th December 2007, 19:23   #58  |  Link
Shakey_Jake33

Initial post in this topic says you don't use the PowerDVD decoder for audio (although it's sensible to think you could), but the Sonic Audio Decoder (which you'll have to get hold of yourself I'm afraid).
Old 7th December 2007, 20:08   #59  |  Link
derekz

my filters settings:

internal filters
I have disable all Transform filters
(if I enable ac3 not change nothing)

external filters
Cyberlink video decoder video/sp bd-hd decoder (pdvd 7.x)
Nvidia video decoder
Sonic cinemaster audio decoder 4.3

If i try to play a .evo file i can't hear audio.

During play if I click on Play>Filter
Sonic cinemaster audio decoder 4.3 not appear.

help
Old 17th December 2007, 20:02   #60  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Where is the Cineplayer Codec Pack on the Sonic website? I've looked all over it and I cannot find where you can buy this.
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic