Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 18th April 2008, 16:45   #1061  |  Link
jagaskywalker

There has to be a difference between AVCHD and BD. Does a "normal" BD structure (from a BD disk) work on a DVD ? (with a m2ts file fitting within a DVD9), with menues, etc....

I believe the PS3, after fw 1.8, changed something because in past fw versions DVDs were identified as BDMV (and maybe supporting "full BD specs") and now they either do not load (disks made with tsremux at that time do no longer work) or load as AVCHD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
tsremux and tsmuxer creates idential index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv.
PS3 displays "AVCHD" on DVD-media and "BDMV" on BD-R(E)-media.
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 16:46   #1062  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badonj001 View Post
I have been having the same problem. I have been using MediaCoder and it isn't showing the HD audio being present. I originally started a few days ago trying to learn how to encode Blu-Ray and I started using by using tsRemux and I was able to successfully do a couple files and I tested them in MediaCoder and the were working. I then started researching how to merge the .m2ts files and had downloaded a few apps and installed some different programs that I wanted as I had just reloaded Vista Ultimate SP1 just before I started researching BD encoding. After I got my files merged I ran them through tsRemuxer and I started having the HD audio issue. So I went and uninstalled all of the programs I originally remembered installing and tried again with only some of the original ripped .m2ts files and I was still having issues with the HD audio. I started looking for other apps and found this app tsMuxeR however the results remain the same.

I am now in the process of wiping the slate clean on the computer I was using and installing a fresh copy of Vista Ultimate SP1 and I am going to try again in the hopes that one of the programs I had installed was interfering with the muxing process.

I will post my results for you.
I am thinking the problem is movie specific.

My results:

I Am Legend: Works with True-HD down converted to AC3.

Walk Hard: Works with True-HD down converted to AC3.

Juno: Works with AC3 track selected for muxing.

AVP2: Works with Fra/Spa AC3 track selected, English DTS-HD does not work no matter what settings I use.

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead: Works with DTS-HD selected.

I will continue to post results for different films as I back them up. Hopefully it might save some people some time and frustration.
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 16:50   #1063  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaskywalker View Post
There has to be a difference between AVCHD and BD. Does a "normal" BD structure (from a BD disk) work on a DVD ? (with a m2ts file fitting within a DVD9), with menues, etc....

I believe the PS3, after fw 1.8, changed something because in past fw versions DVDs were identified as BDMV (and maybe supporting "full BD specs") and now they either do not load (disks made with tsremux at that time do no longer work) or load as AVCHD...
The only difference is what kind of disc it is burned to. If I put a BD structure on a DVD, my Panasonic BD30 reads it as an AVC-HD disc. If I put the exact same files on a BD-R, it reads it as a BD disc.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:56   #1064  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader1982 View Post
Hey all.

I've been trying to convert one of my HD-DVD's to a TS file (The Good Shepherd), but it constantly fails at the same point.

I'm using the raw EVO files, and appending them to each other in tsmuxer (I do get a warning about some streams being unrecognised, hence ignored). I'm selecting the video and audio channel I want, and enabling the "remove pulldown", as well as changing the framerate to 24000/1001 for video.

When I start muxing, the tsmuxer executable crashes when it hits 8.7% (I retried it twice with the current version, 1.7.6, and the previous 1.7.3).
The actual GUI doesn't crash.

Seems to suggest something weird in the stream itself. Anyway for me to debug this, or send information to you lot to fix it (if it is a bug in the program) ?
I have sucessfully converted the HD-DVD "The Kingdom" to a BD structure that plays in Nero Showtime, but when I burn to a BD-RE, my Panasonic BD-30 displays choppy video with no sound.

Try leaving tsMuxers settings at default, and also checking "no chapters" under the Blu-ray tab.

Last edited by wakebrder; 18th April 2008 at 16:59.
Old 18th April 2008, 17:52   #1065  |  Link
duramaximus

List index out of bounds (0)

I just upgraded to 1.7.6 and I keep getting this pop-up.

"List index out of bounds (0)"

I am adding the first (Main) m2ts file when this happens.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Duramaximus
duramaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 23:35   #1066  |  Link
Patsfan123

Want to say thanks to you Roman, this program is wonderful and I have been doing many things with it. However there is a bug with the MPLS feature. When I added the MPLS for Walk Hard it adds the proper .m2ts files as it should and combines them. However when I click 'Start muxing' and try to output it as a .ts, m2ts, or demux it I get this error message: "Can't find MPLS file for stream I:\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts"

There doesn't seem to be a way around it and it says this for every .MPLS I try.
Patsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 23:39   #1067  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Want to say thanks to you Roman, this program is wonderful and I have been doing many things with it. However there is a bug with the MPLS feature. When I added the MPLS for Walk Hard it adds the proper .m2ts files as it should and combines them. However when I click 'Start muxing' and try to output it as a .ts, m2ts, or demux it I get this error message: "Can't find MPLS file for stream I:\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts"

There doesn't seem to be a way around it and it says this for every .MPLS I try.
Walk Hard worked for me, 00001.mpls is the theatrical version and 00002.mpls is the unrated version.

I did have problems running the output of Walk Hard through Ripbot. Ripbot only encoded half the movie then stopped.
Old 19th April 2008, 02:28   #1068  |  Link
nekowhizz

ERROR: Alexander The Final Cut Blu-Ray

I'm getting the message "Bitstream exception. It does not have to be! Plase contact the application support team for more information." when I try and remux Alexander The Final Cut BD.

The file is in fact the m2ts from disc's one and two merged using "copy /b" because this on two discs in Blu-Ray is shocking and lazy so I wanted a one Blu-Ray solution.

Hope you can fix this, and amazing program
nekowhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 03:31   #1069  |  Link
americanpsycho

I have made Blu-Ray playable from USB HDD formated in fat32, I remuxed Predator (MPEG2, DTS HD MA and subtitles), I checked split every 4GB(fat32), I have renamed nessecary files and put it in AVCHD folder in root directory of HDD. it played perfekt
americanpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 04:10   #1070  |  Link
tyee

@americanpsycho

Now try it with a movie encoded with VC1 and I bet it won't work! I sure wish it would though!!
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 04:39   #1071  |  Link
Patsfan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
@americanpsycho

Now try it with a movie encoded with VC1 and I bet it won't work! I sure wish it would though!!
I cannot get movies with DTS to work. The video plays but there is no sound
Patsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 07:49   #1072  |  Link
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrder View Post
I am playing BD-r on my Panasonic BD30 that supports everything.
but PS3 users more than BD30
emufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 08:55   #1073  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanpsycho View Post
I have made Blu-Ray playable from USB HDD formated in fat32, I remuxed Predator (MPEG2, DTS HD MA and subtitles), I checked split every 4GB(fat32), I have renamed nessecary files and put it in AVCHD folder in root directory of HDD. it played perfekt
What exactly is a AVCHD folder ?

Cheers.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 09:23   #1074  |  Link
Warrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
What exactly is a AVCHD folder ?

Cheers.
A folder named "AVCHD".
Warrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 10:10   #1075  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
A folder named "AVCHD".
As simple as that. ( well don't I feel foolish )

Thats what I was doing wrong. I just put the BDMV folder at the root of my drive and it didn't work.
Now putting it inside a 'AVCHD' folder in the root works.
Just did Ronin with DTS audio and 2 subtitle tracks.

Cheers to jagaskywalker, Warrex and americanpsycho. This should save quite a few hours/days re-encoding.

Last edited by B4tm4n; 19th April 2008 at 10:30.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 10:47   #1076  |  Link
jagaskywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
@americanpsycho

I have tried with King King (HD-DVD -> BD using scenarist -> tsremuxer for 4 Gb splitting), that is VC1 and it works perfectly as an AVCHD in the hard disk.

J
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 12:14   #1077  |  Link
picman1

streaming 7.1 LPCM from PC to PS3 corrupted

Hi, I have successfully created videos using this great program, Tsmuxer with 5.1 LPCM and streamed them from my Vista 64 PC to my latest version 2.3 PS3 80gb with no problems. When I try 310: to Yuma using the 7.1 track I get a corrupted data file when trying to stream it. Is 7.1 not supported or am I doing something wrong? I do have a receiver that will handle the 7.1, Integra 7.8. Also, I am using Tversity as the media server. Thank you for all the great work on the terrific program Roman. Thank you for any help.
picman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 13:19   #1078  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
but PS3 users more than BD30
You're correct, but I already had a 360 when PS3 was released, so didn't feel the need for 2 consoles.
Old 20th April 2008, 18:48   #1079  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr19121970 View Post
I also had a problem with cars 'seamless branching' playing on the tvix 6500a. The playback after creating ts or m2ts with tsmuxer (1.63) would play fine on the ps3 or pc with powerdvd. however the playback would stick/jump at the seams on the tvix 6500a.

Now i just tried demuxing the video/audio with tsmuxer (1.63), running through h264info (22 alpha) and then muxing the new video and original audio with tsmuxer (1.63) and the result plays perfectly in the tvix.

does this mean there is a bug in tsmuxer ?

mike
@Roman. I tried this now with version 1.76b, and there is still the bump (followed by stutter then freeze) in the H264 video on the TVIX 6500 when muxing a seamless branching movie. The only way around this is the long winded demuxing, h264info and remuxxing. Please let me know if you need a sample of the problem files (00145.m2ts and 00148m2ts - each about 275mb)

Similarly I'm still having problems converting my HD-DVD collection to the TVIX 6500. The only was to get a clean conversion is to use evodemux, vc1conv and the tsmuxer to put it all back together. I get various problems using tsmuxer alone ranging from 'please resync' messages to tsmuxer encountered an error and had to end messages.

Thanks. Mike.
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 19:46   #1080  |  Link
SCSI

Custom chapter list is not working for me when creating a Blu-ray disk. When I go to the next chapter, PowerDVD or PS3 skips to the end of the movie and start over. Insert chapter every X minutes works fine.

Update: Custom chapter list is now working fine. I was putting in 00:00:00:000 instead of 00:00:00.000 (period instead of colon on the left)

Last edited by SCSI; 21st April 2008 at 00:35.
SCSI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer