Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 4th August 2007, 19:13   #1241  |  Link
molitar

Does anyone know how to get the current position with Mediaplayer Classic using javascript? I'm using a remote control software and trying to configure an OSD display but I have had no luck getting it to work with commands like CurrentPosition, GetCurrentPosition, SeekTime, Time, all are unrecognised.. Even FileName was not known but I did figure out Name worked as filename normally would.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 22:01   #1242  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Does anyone know how to get the current position with Mediaplayer Classic using javascript? I'm using a remote control software and trying to configure an OSD display but I have had no luck getting it to work with commands like CurrentPosition, GetCurrentPosition, SeekTime, Time, all are unrecognised.. Even FileName was not known but I did figure out Name worked as filename normally would.
Errr... why JavaScript? You can either control MPC via HTTP, or via window messages - where does JavaScript come in here?

Also, that didn't work... what are "CurrentPosition", "GetCurrentPosition" etc. and where did you get those?

np: Retina.IT - Pick (Semeion)
Old 5th August 2007, 00:04   #1243  |  Link
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
Errr... why JavaScript? You can either control MPC via HTTP, or via window messages - where does JavaScript come in here?

Also, that didn't work... what are "CurrentPosition", "GetCurrentPosition" etc. and where did you get those?

np: Retina.IT - Pick (Semeion)
I am using a remote control software called UICE and since mpc doesn't have a direct method to show OSD for the current position, length, ect... I decided to use the remote software to show it. With UICE I can do a little javascript that can ask for this data than show with an OSD command. In the old MediaPlayer 6.4 their is a script that does pos=wmp.CurrentPos; to retrieve the current position of the file playing. But it seems this basic command is missing or been renamed in MPC. Part of the code below...

Code:
title="";
if (wmp.HasMultipleItems) title=wmp.GetMediaInfoString(8);
if (title=="")
{
	title=wmp.Name;
	if (title.lastIndexOf("\\")!=-1) title=title.substr(title.lastIndexOf("\\")+1);
	if (title.lastIndexOf(".")!=-1) title=title.substr(0,title.lastIndexOf("."));
}

len=0;
if (wmp.IsDurationValid)
{
	len=wmp.Duration;
	lenhours=Math.floor(len/3600);
	lenmins=Math.floor(len%3600/60);
	lensecs=Math.floor(len%60);
	lenstr=lenhours+":"+(lenmins<10?"0"+lenmins:lenmins)+":"+(lensecs<10?"0"+lensecs:lensecs);
}	

pos=wmp.CurrentPosition;
poshours=Math.floor(pos/3600);
posmins=Math.floor(pos%3600/60);
possecs=Math.floor(pos%60);
posstr=poshours+":"+(posmins<10?"0"+posmins:posmins)+":"+(possecs<10?"0"+possecs:possecs);

if (len)
{
	pos=100/len*pos;
	OSD.Show(osdProgress,posstr+" ("+lenstr+")    "+title,pos);
} else Alert(posstr+"\n"+title);
Old 5th August 2007, 02:43   #1244  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
In the old MediaPlayer 6.4 their is a script that does pos=wmp.CurrentPos; to retrieve the current position of the file playing. But it seems this basic command is missing or been renamed in MPC.
Errr... Media Player 6.4 is an old Microsoft product, while Media Player Classic was written from scratch with a user interface similar to that of Media Player 6.4 - that's all.

So whatever was possible with Media Player 6.4 isn't automatically possible with MPC.
Old 5th August 2007, 03:37   #1245  |  Link
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak View Post
Errr... Media Player 6.4 is an old Microsoft product, while Media Player Classic was written from scratch with a user interface similar to that of Media Player 6.4 - that's all.

So whatever was possible with Media Player 6.4 isn't automatically possible with MPC.
That is what I assumed with the filename being changed to name. But I need to know how to get the current position with MPC. I was not able to find any of the wm_commands for MPC at all.
Old 5th August 2007, 11:44   #1246  |  Link
Leak

Quote:
That is what I assumed with the filename being changed to name. But I need to know how to get the current position with MPC. I was not able to find any of the wm_commands for MPC at all.
How about posting all the code, especially the part where you assign something to wmp? And still, I very much doubt MPC does anything like Media Player, so this is just not going to work...
Old 5th August 2007, 13:35   #1247  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

The only thing I found that might be it is "pos", but it's a large project and I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place. A full script would definitely help.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 17:59   #1248  |  Link
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
The only thing I found that might be it is "pos", but it's a large project and I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place. A full script would definitely help.
That is the entire script. Basically it shows the title and should show the time and duration of the video file. Well would of CurrentPosition was a recognised command.

Tags
media player classic