Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 26th January 2015, 21:43   #4661  |  Link
Jeroi

Huge bug report:

Staxrip delete moves 4gb temp files to recylce bin which fullfills entirely soon C: . Please put force delete to your code to avoid moving to recycle bin. Also could you please add delete log files option also?

Also couple features for audio tracks needed:

- Remove second audio track option. At the moment it encodes automatically second audio track if source have mutliple audio tracks. Please add option to encode only single audio track to mp4 or mkv format.
- Please add more audotracks possibilites. I have few video containing 6 audio tracks and would need quite many tracks to the encoder.

Last edited by Jeroi; 26th January 2015 at 22:35.
Old 26th January 2015, 22:04   #4662  |  Link
stax76

My drive is only 1 GB (2.5" is more silent) and I never had problems with the recycle bin, I don't know what Windows uses as default, I defined it to use 50 GB, default or customized there should be a sane upper limit and Windows shouldn't exceed it, I would like to help but don't understand where the problem is. I might add another option but it's not simple because for such specialized issues I consider to build a settings dialog similar to about:config in Firefox.
Old 26th January 2015, 22:50   #4663  |  Link
Patman

Feedback

Hi Stax ...

I've tested the new version with some audio formats. The result was good in this release. No matter what encoder I have chosen or what format and bit rate, the output file reflected the settings. The only problem was the conversion of some TrueHD audio tracks to AC3. For example, Dolby Atmos can only be converted with ffmpeg. If the selection of the encoder is set to automatic, then the conversion of some TrueHD audio tracks is displayed as an error, but the process goes on and is not interrupted. In TrueHD audio tracks ffmpeg should be preferred as the encoder when the setting is set to automatic.

Greets Pat
Old 27th January 2015, 03:32   #4664  |  Link
stax76

@Jeroi

I've added a setting at:

Tools/Settings/System/Use recycle bin when temp files are deleted

Log file will also be deleted by default (using recycle bin).

Quote:
Remove second audio track option. At the moment it encodes automatically second audio track if source have mutliple audio tracks. Please add option to encode only single audio track to mp4 or mkv format.
There is a audio profile called 'No Audio' for this.

Quote:
Please add more audotracks possibilites. I have few video containing 6 audio tracks and would need quite many tracks to the encoder.
It don't fit well with the program architecture and I'm unsure how hard it will be. I will try it but I don't know when.

@Patman

Thanks for testing, I got to look for a sample and info on Dolby Atmos then.

Last edited by stax76; 27th January 2015 at 03:47.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:23   #4665  |  Link
davizator

When encode again a movie (opening a existing project), now I cannot choose the video file in the "Just mux" option, the program get the source file but I need the output encoded file....
Old 27th January 2015, 13:18   #4666  |  Link
stax76

It checks for output, if non existing uses input, I would guess it's probably a incompatibility (encoded with a older build).
Old 27th January 2015, 20:20   #4667  |  Link
davizator

Are you sure it checks the output correctly? I am using your last version in post #4657 creating a new project and then open this project and changing some parameters to test different outputs (with x265).. and when Just mux in audio always merge the wav file but I choose the AAC output file...
Old 27th January 2015, 20:30   #4668  |  Link
stax76

I thought you mean video muxing, audio might be a bug, there were some audio bugs I fixed meanwhile that possibly could relate.
Old 27th January 2015, 20:53   #4669  |  Link
stax76

Here is a build from today: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1v4fp1kb2....01.27.7z?dl=0

I moved the audio and subtitle demuxing options from the project options dialog to Tools/Settings/Demuxing, it's now global and everything in one place.

Audio had some bugs like when you load a audio profile the stream selection in the context menu was gone, if there are demuxed files the menu now always shows them. The audio textbox never shows a file name but always media info. The audio play feature plays now the correct stream when demuxing is disabled (default), this works only with FFVideoSource because it uses FFAudioSource for stream selection. If you use a audio encoder that handles delay (eac3to or BeSweet) StaxRip removes the delay from the output filename, when you later then open this file for muxing it won't extract the delay from the filename and pass it to the muxer like in previous versions.
Old 28th January 2015, 13:23   #4670  |  Link
Carpo

Little crash error using the version from your post Stax, although this same .avs file opens fine in the 1.2.0.1 beta, in 1.2.0.2 it crashes instantly when loading the .avs file

.avs file

Code:
SetMTMode(5, 4)
LoadPlugin("D:\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
DGDecode_mpeg2source("E:\Evanescence - My Immortal.d2v", info=3)
SetMTMode(2)
QTGMC( Preset="Slower", NoiseProcess=1, NoiseRestore=0.0, Denoiser="dfttest", DenoiseMC=true, NoiseTR=2, Sigma=4.0 )
SelectEven()
crop(8, 58, -6, -60)
#resize
#denoise
crash.log

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------
                        Environment

StaxRip version: 1.2.0.2
OS Name        : Windows 8.1 Pro
OS Version     : 6.2.9200.0
OS Type        : 64-bit
OS Culture     : English (United Kingdom)

.NET

v2.0.50727  : 2.0.50727.4927
v3.0        : 3.0.30729.4926
v3.5        : 3.5.30729.4926
v4\Client   : 4.5.51650
v4\Full     : 4.5.51650
v4.0\Client : 4.0.0.0

Source file MediaInfo

E:\Evanescence - My Immortal.avs

General
Complete name                            : E:\Evanescence - My Immortal.avs
File size                                : 436 Bytes

Exception

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at StaxRip.AudioProfile.SetStreamOrLanguage() in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\AudioProfile.vb:line 83
   at StaxRip.MainForm.AudioTextChanged(TextBox tb, AudioProfile ap) in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 2672
   at StaxRip.MainForm.tbAudioFile0_TextChanged() in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 2723
   at StaxRip.MainForm._Lambda$__108(Object a0, EventArgs a1) in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 0
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean autoMode) in C:\Daten\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 1758
Old 28th January 2015, 17:14   #4671  |  Link
stax76

@Carpo

Thanks for posting, it happened with all sources not containing audio.

@all

I fixed Dolby Atmos handling which again resulted in heavy editing of the audio processing, there were bugs with TrueHD, EAC3, various issues with muxing, avs decoding uses now ffmpeg instead of VirtualDubMod. Previously StaxRip would just abort if any audio processing fails, now it tries a alternative method in most cases, it now ignores delay when DirectShowSource is used, the audio text box shows better media info now, there are so many different formats, tools, and things to handle like delay, cutting, many special cases. I feel it's getting into a good shape.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tclme8xy6....01.28.7z?dl=0
Old 28th January 2015, 20:30   #4672  |  Link
Patman

Wish

Hi Stax...

Is it possible to include the gmkvextract gui?
For now your last release works very fine for me.

Last edited by Patman; 28th January 2015 at 20:33. Reason: text
Old 28th January 2015, 22:32   #4673  |  Link
stax76

I might add it or make a simple demuxing GUI with mkvextract, mp4box and ffmpeg support.

If you like this GUI you might want to forward to the author to use code like this:

Application.EnableVisualStyles()
Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(False)
SetProcessDPIAware()
Application.Run(New MainForm())

Right now the app operates in a compatibility mode in High DPI environments making it look blurry. The app wasn't designed for High DPI so the window manager puts it into a compatibility mode doing bitmap based upscaling and this causes the blurry look. The cure for this is declaring the app as High DPI aware and fix the layout if it wasn't built for High DPI to start with, for such a small app it's easy, for large apps it can be work. Some other popular .NET based encoding GUI has room for improvements in this department as well...
Old 30th January 2015, 23:39   #4674  |  Link
Patman

Update

Hello,

here is a link to a small update package for some apps and avisynth-plugins.

Apps and Plugins

Last edited by Patman; 31st January 2015 at 20:49. Reason: Link
Old 31st January 2015, 08:46   #4675  |  Link
stax76

Hello Patman,

thanks for the package, except for autocrop, deen and AviSynth I'll include it.
Old 31st January 2015, 12:13   #4676  |  Link
Patman

Problem with DTS-ES

Hello Stax,

I've found another audio format, which makes problems with the conversion to AC3. Eac3to and besweet produce an incorrect audio file. The audio format which causes these problems are DTS-ES (6.1) audio tracks. Only ffmpeg produced a correct audio file (AC3 5.1 448 kbit/s) without a "peep" tone. The easiest way to fix that problem is to set ffmpeg as default for DTS-ES audio. I hope you can check this and change that.

Greets Pat

Last edited by Patman; 31st January 2015 at 14:43. Reason: more infos
Old 31st January 2015, 13:11   #4677  |  Link
stax76

I don't have a disc to test, did you use MakeMKV or another ripper?

I uploaded a release however, hopefully without too many bugs.

1.2.0.2 beta (2015-01-31)
  • Added new audio cutting method using mkvmerge and made it default for all audio formats.
  • Added many small improvements in audio processing
  • Added more x265 switches, there is a GUI option for more then 80 switches now, a search feature searching label, switch and help and a option for additional custom switches
  • Added feature to the x265 dialog to easily reset numeric values and option values to their default value by double clicking on the label
  • Added L-SMASH-Works AviSynth source filter, DGAVCDec removed
  • Added C++/QT based BDSup2Sub++, removed Java based BDSup2Sub
  • Added latest versions of ffms2 and MP4Box
  • Added setting to define which source filter will be used for a given source container in case the source filter is automatic
  • Added option to jobs dialog to either run job processing in the current or a new StaxRip instance, job processing works completely different now
  • Added ts to mkv remuxing configuration using Haali's dsmux, it works better then using TS directly or remuxing with mkvmerge
  • Improved GUI and help in various locations
  • Improved usability in eac3to demuxing dialog
  • Fixed compressibility check being broken in various configurations
  • Fixed bug with idx file containing multiple subtitles and fixed a vsrip related crash
  • Fixed bug Java not being found, if ProjectX is enabled in the settings Java is required.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i2zmsovra...2_beta.7z?dl=0

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sta...StaxRip%20beta
Old 31st January 2015, 15:23   #4678  |  Link
VfBFan

I found a folder called "Neuer Ordner" in the MP4Box folder, I think it is unnecessary.
Old 31st January 2015, 16:09   #4679  |  Link
Patman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VfBFan View Post
I found a folder called "Neuer Ordner" in the MP4Box folder, I think it is unnecessary.
I think this is a backup folder with the old version. I've deleted this folder and no problems so far.
Old 31st January 2015, 16:17   #4680  |  Link
cegy

just to point out support for aac (just mux using aac-lc (adts) in this case) in a mkv/mp4 container is fully supported yet this says other wise... encoding to aac it doesn't kick up a fuss

also why can't i see nor read the file name of the audio file any more another great option took away which means the user could end up muxing/encoding the incorrect file due to not being able to see/read it a game of blind guessing anyone ?
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265