Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2009, 19:19   #2701  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@cegy

encoded audio file would be the same sample rate as source file?
Old 24th December 2009, 19:36   #2702  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegy View Post
its a pity when u pick mp3 and you want vbr or abr its has to be 160kb/s more to be 48khz as for me i like a 128 abr/vbr with 48 khz, plus there is no option for this in the new audio editor as i am sure other people would like to pick what sample rate they when.

the settings i use in 1.1.2.2 is "%application:BeSweet%" -core( -input "%input%" -output "%output%" ) -ota( -hybridgain ) -azid( -c normal ) -lame( -h --abr 128 ) and bitrate set at 130 kbps and this is the setting i like to use with 48 khz same as the src file is
try lastest preview
Old 24th December 2009, 19:50   #2703  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@cegy

StaxRip 1.1.2.4 Preview 5

Last edited by MuLTiTaSK; 24th December 2009 at 19:52.
Old 24th December 2009, 21:16   #2704  |  Link
cegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuLTiTaSK View Post
I've tryed the new preview version it won't do 48 khz at 128 abr or vbr i have tryed this a few times myself i have ONLY noticed it will changed to 48 khz if its 160 kbps or more and once again i have tryed it and its still the same so am back to square one with non valid help or point or why its like this. i just noticed that in your screen shot about the same line as what i use but it still not right if a user doesn't have the option to pick what sample rate they want...... for the time being i'll be using 1.1.2.2 as i know for sure it works fine for me without any problems with the audio :/ such a pity

the encoding uses the same sample rate as source file which is what i like in the new audio dialog it doesn't have such a option nor can a use pick what sample rate they want to use.

Last edited by cegy; 24th December 2009 at 21:25. Reason: added more stuff
Old 24th December 2009, 21:31   #2705  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@cegy

can you post info on your source files?

it worked for me as you can see in the pictures
Old 24th December 2009, 21:48   #2706  |  Link
cegy

Quote:
@cegy

my source file is from my dvb-t using dvb dream which is saved into mpeg format with the sample rate at 48 khz anyway, am not to bother about it as its still needs a few more things adding to it to make it more user friendly before i start using it myself also i do find it kind of crap for the user where it resets your profile and settings pity there isn't something to upgrade or update it to the latest version without need to REDO it again as this does my head in.
Old 24th December 2009, 22:05   #2707  |  Link
consultant

@ Multitask

I'm wondering if maybe I'm just unclear on how the program works. Can you confirm that I can select a profile I created with my video and audio settings. When selected the audio track 1 says AAC 5.1 on the side. I select a folder of chapter VOBs from a DVD I ripped that has a Dolby Digital surround sound track (in addition to stereo, you select which one in the DVD menu). I then start the batch transcode for all the files.

If I load an individual file and look at the settings, it still says AAC 5.1 next to it but there is no filename for the audio (just says double click). So if I don't select an audio file, and it is set to AAC 5.1. How does the program know which audio track to encode? It seems it always encodes to 2-channel stereo when I do this. There also seems to always be a .dts in addition to a .wav file even if there is no DTS track. Is there a setting I need to change?
Old 24th December 2009, 22:07   #2708  |  Link
cegy

Quote:
@cegy

no as i don't see the point as this is a problem is for stax79 to fix by adding more options to the audio dialog , untill stax76 has fixed/added these problem i'll stay with 1.1.2.2 kind of a pity as i am sure the user's would like more options, anyway i am sorry but i just want to sit back and relex and enjoy x-mas

p.s here's screenshot of the src file and the output file of what sample rate i get.. also i have uploaded both the sample of what i have used and encoded sample file.
p.s how do i added blend=false ?

< src file > http://www.filedropper.com/eastenderssample

< encoded file > http://www.filedropper.com/eastenderssample_1

on the output file i want the mp3 settings to be something like:
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 121 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Writing library : LAME3.98
Encoding settings : -m j -V 4 -q 2 -lowpass 17 --abr 128

i hope this helps and thanks for the help and i am sorry if i wasn't so kind before :/

Last edited by cegy; 24th December 2009 at 22:42. Reason: added more info on the file and url to files
Old 25th December 2009, 00:10   #2709  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by consultant View Post
@ Multitask

I'm wondering if maybe I'm just unclear on how the program works. Can you confirm that I can select a profile I created with my video and audio settings. When selected the audio track 1 says AAC 5.1 on the side. I select a folder of chapter VOBs from a DVD I ripped that has a Dolby Digital surround sound track (in addition to stereo, you select which one in the DVD menu). I then start the batch transcode for all the files.

If I load an individual file and look at the settings, it still says AAC 5.1 next to it but there is no filename for the audio (just says double click). So if I don't select an audio file, and it is set to AAC 5.1. How does the program know which audio track to encode? It seems it always encodes to 2-channel stereo when I do this. There also seems to always be a .dts in addition to a .wav file even if there is no DTS track. Is there a setting I need to change?
@consultant

setup settings you want for all files encoded without loading any files then choose file batch or directory batch for source and load up all the files you want encoded

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegy View Post
no as i don't see the point as this is a problem is for stax79 to fix by adding more options to the audio dialog , untill stax76 has fixed/added these problem i'll stay with 1.1.2.2 kind of a pity as i am sure the user's would like more options, anyway i am sorry but i just want to sit back and relex and enjoy x-mas

p.s here's screenshot of the src file and the output file of what sample rate i get.. also i have uploaded both the sample of what i have used and encoded sample file.
p.s how do i added blend=false ?

< src file > http://www.filedropper.com/eastenderssample

< encoded file > http://www.filedropper.com/eastenderssample_1

on the output file i want the mp3 settings to be something like:
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 121 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Writing library : LAME3.98
Encoding settings : -m j -V 4 -q 2 -lowpass 17 --abr 128

i hope this helps and thanks for the help and i am sorry if i wasn't so kind before :/
@cegy

can you create a clip of the source with DGSplit
Old 25th December 2009, 16:28   #2710  |  Link
stax76

Merry Christmas everybody and thanks Betsy25 and MuLTiTaSK for supporting me.
Old 26th December 2009, 03:29   #2711  |  Link
starkebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Merry Christmas everybody and thanks Betsy25 and MuLTiTaSK for supporting me.
Thanks for this great GUI guys! Everyone have a great festive season.
Old 26th December 2009, 06:19   #2712  |  Link
qwan

Merry Christmas Everyone.

I just downloaded the latest beta version of Staxrip(I am ripping after a long time almost a year I guess).
I was not able to find the 3pass setting for MP4.
Before anyone takes my query and turns into a 3pass is useless discussion I want to tell you that I want to encode really low bitrate mp4 files.
Around 250kps for a dvd. I have found that only in 3pass I get an almost dvd quality and a very small size.

So is there any profile that I can download. Or can someone guide me on how to create a 3pass profile
Thanks
Old 26th December 2009, 06:40   #2713  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwan View Post
Merry Christmas Everyone.

I just downloaded the latest beta version of Staxrip(I am ripping after a long time almost a year I guess).
I was not able to find the 3pass setting for MP4.
Before anyone takes my query and turns into a 3pass is useless discussion I want to tell you that I want to encode really low bitrate mp4 files.
Around 250kps for a dvd. I have found that only in 3pass I get an almost dvd quality and a very small size.

So is there any profile that I can download. Or can someone guide me on how to create a 3pass profile
Thanks
3-pass is completely useless. Any "benefit of 3-pass" (which is near zero to begin with) comes from running the first pass as a slow first pass, which you can do just as well with two passes instead of three. Of course, this still requires an unusual profile, using --slow-firstpass.
Old 26th December 2009, 09:07   #2714  |  Link
qwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
3-pass is completely useless. Any "benefit of 3-pass" (which is near zero to begin with) comes from running the first pass as a slow first pass, which you can do just as well with two passes instead of three. Of course, this still requires an unusual profile, using --slow-firstpass.
Many people "say" that, but no one ever gives the settings or a profile.

I tried two pass with the highest setting possible did not get the quality and the filesize I used to get with 3 pass.

So please someone either give me the 3 pass insane profile or give me a 2 pass profile/setting that will work the same.

I got around 120 mb for an hour of DVD video. Almost dvd quality.
If a 2 pass can get me the same size and same quality I really dont mind going in for 2pass(it is going save me a hell a lot of time I would love that)
Old 26th December 2009, 12:36   #2715  |  Link
Firebird

Quote:
Many people "say" that, but no one ever gives the settings or a profile.
--Preset placebo.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:34   #2716  |  Link
qwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
--Preset placebo.
I am assuming this will give me the same quality as a 3pass.
Thanks a lot I will try and give my feedabck
Old 26th December 2009, 18:07   #2717  |  Link
qwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
--Preset placebo.
There are a lot more setting than that.
I cannot change the bitrate???
Why is that
In the older version I remember I could change the bitrate to anything.
Here I Even if select the bitrate option it does not show me an options to change the bitrate.

This is totally changed!!!!

I remember there used to be a dvd profile where I could convert a dvd. I would then select the bitrate.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:20   #2718  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@qwan

Old 26th December 2009, 18:25   #2719  |  Link
Firebird

Quote:
I am assuming this will give me the same quality as a 3pass.
Thanks a lot I will try and give my feedabck
Yes, that's it, you don't need to select more options, preset placebo is highest possible quality for x264. But it is very slow, so if you want more speed you can also try presets "veryslow" and "slower".

Last edited by Firebird; 26th December 2009 at 18:30.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:58   #2720  |  Link
qwan

Quote:
@qwan

Thanks I checked that again I got it.
I would always cancel the setting window after i could not find the bitrate option in that.
That is why in the main window I was not getting the option.
I think Now I can get something ripped
Thanks multitask and firebird.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265