Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 21st December 2009, 02:28   #2681  |  Link
Obe one

thanks both of u it helps
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:47   #2682  |  Link
consultant

Batch Processing and Temp Files

I've ripped my music video DVDs to separate chapter files. I want to use Staxrip to encode them to files of the same name in a certain target directory. When you batch process a bunch of files separately, how do you specific the target directory? Do you have to key the path/filename for each file manually?
Old 22nd December 2009, 03:31   #2683  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@consultant

download lastest preview
StaxRip 1.1.2.4 preview 5

Last edited by MuLTiTaSK; 22nd December 2009 at 04:53.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:01   #2684  |  Link
amango

Hello! I want to encode some 720P50 H264-transport streams to MKV with 25fps. I use the command "SelectEven()" to convert 50fps to 25fps.

Question: StaxRip uses Directshowsource/Haali to open the transport stream. Which decoder is the best and fastest for the H264-decoding? DIVX H264-decoder, ffdshow, MPCVideoDecoder or CoreAVC?
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:13   #2685  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@amango

if you have one of the cards on this page supporting a VP2 engine or higher i use DGDecNV
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:21   #2686  |  Link
amango

@Multitask

I just have an onboard ATI-card, so I have to stick to software decoding.

EDIT: MPCVideodec.ax seems to work fine, it even uses DXVA for decoding.

Last edited by amango; 22nd December 2009 at 14:35.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:48   #2687  |  Link
Havokdan

An error occurred again in the conversion of multiple files. The message that these errors were placed below, did not appear crashlog of StaxRip, just know that the error was the beginning of the conversion of the 4th file, now the pictures:

In both images is saying, only the various object error, the first is the Staxrip.exe the second is the drwtsn32.exe

"The StaxRip.exe/drwtsn32.exe encountered a problem and needs to close"

Last edited by Havokdan; 22nd December 2009 at 17:53.
Old 23rd December 2009, 03:34   #2688  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@Havokdan

post StaxRip logs or maybe some info on the files you trying to encode cause those errors dont help much
Old 23rd December 2009, 04:20   #2689  |  Link
consultant

Transcode DTS?

I'm trying to transcode Queen Live at Wembley Stadium. I'm getting no audio. When I'm playing the mp4 that Staxrip generated it is showing the audio track as being encoded in DTS. Not sure what's going on. Is there a setting I need to change in Staxrip? The Audio is set to AAC 5.1 in Staxrip. There's no idea on my PC or my PS3. Shouldn't Staxrip transcode the DTS track to 5.1 AAC?

Thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 06:46   #2690  |  Link
consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by consultant View Post
I'm trying to transcode Queen Live at Wembley Stadium. I'm getting no audio. When I'm playing the mp4 that Staxrip generated it is showing the audio track as being encoded in DTS. Not sure what's going on. Is there a setting I need to change in Staxrip? The Audio is set to AAC 5.1 in Staxrip. There's no idea on my PC or my PS3. Shouldn't Staxrip transcode the DTS track to 5.1 AAC?

Thanks
Can someone give me an early Xmas gift and throw me a bone as far as info that explains how Staxrip encodes the audio and how to control it. I've read the documentation but don't see much explanation. I'm using File Batch mode too. My profile I created sets the audio to AAC 5.1 since container is mp4. If the source has different audio tracks (an AC3 surround, an 2-channel PCM, DTS, etc.) what does Staxrip do with them? All I want to do is encode to mp4 or mkv and encode the best quality audio track (whether it is DTS, 6.1, etc.) that my PS3 can pass-thru to my Denon Dolby/DTS receiver via HDMI. I've been writing to mp4 has the PS3MediaServer seems to choke a lot on transcoding the MKVs. There's got to be an explanation of how it works and how to control the settings? Help.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:51   #2691  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@consultant

can you post a clip of the file you trying to encode so i can try to see if StaxRip is having trouble converting it
sounds like just mux is set for audio you could use DGSplit to create a small clip you can upload it here

@Havokdan

dont pay attention to what others say so much if a forum mod said you breaking rules then thats different now if you would still like to get StaxRip working give us some more info on the files you trying to convert so we can try to help you
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:09   #2692  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

Nero AAC Codec 1.5.1.0 released

Code:
2009-12-17 - Version 1.5.1.0

- neroAacEnc:
        - Improved encoding of sample rates higher than 48kHz
        - Solved compatibility issues with some hardware devices
        - Write iTunes compatible gapless data
        - Enabled preserving of very quiet high frequencies at high bitrates
        - Write the encoder settings to metadata
        - Executable size reduction

- neroAacDec:
        - Improved error handling
        - Speed up

- neroAacTag:
        - Support 3GPP tags
        - Support Sony Memory Stick tags
        - Improved cover art support
        - Improved support for files with multiple tags in different formats (ND,iTunes,3GPP,Sony Memory Stick)
        - Writes iTunes tags by default, added switch to enable ND tags
DOWNLOAD

Last edited by MuLTiTaSK; 23rd December 2009 at 16:40.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:35   #2693  |  Link
consultant

I'll see about sending a clip on that Queen video.

But for now, I'm at wits end wondering why I'm not getting 5.1. My profile setup, the audio setting is AAC 5.1 200-250. I encoded a video that has both PCM stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. If stick the DVD in my PS3 and select the 5.1 track, I get 5.1 indicator on my receiver. If I transcode it with Staxrip and play the MP4, it indicates Stereo PCM on both the PS3 and the receiver. If I look in the rip folder for the chapter their are two audio files, a .dts file and a .wav file. I didn't think .wav can do .dts. In Staxrip the Audio Track 1 filename is just blank (says double click) - to set this for each chapter would be a pain. I was assuming (without much documentation) that if I set the format to AAC 5.1, Staxrip would automatically transcode the Dolby Digital 5.1 track into AAC 5.1?

I'm surprised at the lack of responses. Am I asking very basic stupid questions or does no one know the answers? I've already done about 50 hours of encoding and I think everything is stereo, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back and transcode everything over again - if I can figure out how to get 5.1 audio????
Old 23rd December 2009, 22:06   #2694  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@consultant

try to encode one of the tracks in StaxRip advance audio menu

Old 24th December 2009, 04:58   #2695  |  Link
turok
The Lazy One

Location: The TurokZone. Next Door are the heavens, hells, and on the backside the void
CoreAVC 2.0 has released and it fixed the bugs previously reported in 1.9.5 my question is will StaxRip support it now? Am I able to select it as decoder and whatnot? Also am I able to encode audio ONLY? I mean like the source being without Video and or if not source the Audio Dialog?
Old 24th December 2009, 05:19   #2696  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@turok

StaxRip will work with any decoder installed on your box choose DirectShow as source in filter setup
with lastest preview

you can choose to encode only audio using method i posted above
Old 24th December 2009, 08:51   #2697  |  Link
turok
The Lazy One

Location: The TurokZone. Next Door are the heavens, hells, and on the backside the void
@ MuLTiTaSK

Just audio encoded with the new preview lol. I like what I am getting and it supports Dolby Digital (AC3) as well... Although the Audio profiles need tweaking, it looks good and the Interface is perfect. Thanks Stax76. thx MuLTiTaSK for helping me keep up to date with StaxRip's already great Capabilities. Wierd though after my first audio encode tried a 2nd one the encoding just stops :S. No error box or anything it doesn't even start :S.

this question is directed at Stax76. Where did you get them profiles for the x264 section? To be specific the animation profiles? Just wondering as Since I do my own profiles I usually don't profiles already set. Well anywho after review it was best that I continue using my own lol. Where did u get them profiles from?

"Always try to understand the perspective of not only yourself but others as well"

Am a fanboy of StaxRip
Old 24th December 2009, 11:20   #2698  |  Link
Betsy25

Just made a 25€ Christmas donation, hope other StaxRip users have a little Xmas present for Stax's fantastic work too.
Merry Christmas Stax, and everyone elso too !

Last edited by Betsy25; 24th December 2009 at 11:22.
Old 24th December 2009, 18:29   #2699  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

i wish you and everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year may we all see many more

i thank you very very much for all your efforts on StaxRip it sure is second to none I cant say it enough

EVERYONE please show stax76 your support

sending a donation is the least we could do to show him we appreciate all he has done for us

PAYPAL

SourceForge

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Old 24th December 2009, 19:08   #2700  |  Link
cegy

its a pity when u pick mp3 and you want vbr or abr its has to be 160kb/s more to be 48khz as for me i like a 128 abr/vbr with 48 khz, plus there is no option for this in the new audio editor as i am sure other people would like to pick what sample rate they when.

the settings i use in 1.1.2.2 is "%application:BeSweet%" -core( -input "%input%" -output "%output%" ) -ota( -hybridgain ) -azid( -c normal ) -lame( -h --abr 128 ) and bitrate set at 130 kbps and this is the setting i like to use with 48 khz same as the src file is

Last edited by cegy; 24th December 2009 at 19:12.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265