Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd August 2009, 15:29   #4721  |  Link
PurpleMan

No, it's definitely doing it wrong.

I checked the lastcmd.txt, it is in fact encoding the PRIMARY video using the bitrate that's supposed to be for the secondary (8mbit).

and it's the first thing that's being encoded. so if you say the 2nd track should've been done BEFORE the the primary one, then it confirms that there is indeed a problem, because the primary one is the first one being encoded (with wrong bitrate).

Edit: actually, hold on that report. I wanna test again to make sure I'm not misleading you. I'll report back.

Last edited by PurpleMan; 22nd August 2009 at 15:38.
PurpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:20   #4722  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMan View Post

I checked the lastcmd.txt, it is in fact encoding the PRIMARY video using the bitrate that's supposed to be for the secondary (8mbit).

and it's the first thing that's being encoded. so if you say the 2nd track should've been done BEFORE the the primary one, then it confirms that there is indeed a problem, because the primary one is the first one being encoded (with wrong bitrate).

Edit: actually, hold on that report. I wanna test again to make sure I'm not misleading you. I'll report back.
I'm pretty sure your getting it mixed up, as jdobbs has said it doesn't distinguish between the video tracks in the m2ts, so it looks like it's only encoding one track. I have done batman begins with the version prior to 0.28.03 so if there does turn out to be a problem jdobbs use that for reference.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:25   #4723  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'm still looking at this -- but 00002.MPLS very definitely violates the BD standard. The offset to the data block (ext_data_start_address) in the first ExtensionData() entry is required by the specification to be on a dword boundary -- and it isn't. In fact the data_block_start_address itself must also start on a dword boundary and doesn't. I'll have to see if there is a way to correct it -- but the error is very definitely on the disc, not in BD Rebuilder.
Interesting...I'm quite sure I distinctly remember doing a full backup a couple of months ago without the PiP function and didn't receive the error at rebuild. Maybe need to relax some setting for this disc alone...on other hand maybe that's abit messy. Anyways, cheers for looking into it.
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:27   #4724  |  Link
Capsbackup

@PurpleMan;
I'm not sure if this can help, but I also recently did a full movie backup to BD-25 of this movie with BD-RBV02803, and though I have deleted my files, my finished 00000.m2ts file was 14.5 GB. I kept the Dolby True HD and one 640kbps AC3 audio track as well as the DD Plus secondary audio. I seem to remember BD-RB had a bitrate set to approx. 9800kbps for the 1080P file.
BD-RB settings were:
High Quality(Default); Custom Target Size(23450 MB); Keep HD Audio.
All two-pass (Quicker Encode for Extras was NOT selected).
Total BD size finished 22.5 GB.
I am curious, if you burn your backup to BD-R/RE media and play it back on a standalone, does the movie have the audio in sync?
Mine was off by 250ms, very noticeable and not enjoyable to watch. It took some adjusting to finally get the audio in sync, but the backup looks great!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:43   #4725  |  Link
leChameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
2. Install "VC1 Tweaker (Haali)" 64bit version.
As there seem to be many versions of this posted can you point me to the correct one? I've tried a few but either they do not install properly either error or are not listed in GraphStudio.
leChameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:24   #4726  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMan View Post

I believe you are mistaken. I just looked at it. The attributes of the secondary tracks are not even displayed. You are looking at the command for the primary track.

The only way to tell is to do what I asked -- look at the actual video that was encoded for the secondary track. I've just finished testing several -- and it is being done correctly.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:28   #4727  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
Interesting...I'm quite sure I distinctly remember doing a full backup a couple of months ago without the PiP function and didn't receive the error at rebuild. Maybe need to relax some setting for this disc alone...on other hand maybe that's abit messy. Anyways, cheers for looking into it.
I'm glad I took the time to check this one out. I found what was caused it. Even though the table was very definitely authored incorrectly by the BD standard -- that wasn't what was causing the error. I was incrementing an index incorrectly. On most sources it wouldn't matter because there is only one entry in that table -- but in Pinnochio it had a couple hundred.

You wouldn't have gotten the error on one of the old versions because this was fairly new code. Of course on the older versions the PiP wouldn't have worked...

Good catch. Thanks.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd August 2009 at 17:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:22   #4728  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.28.04 (beta)

I've just updated the links in the first post of this thread to a new version of BD Rebuilder (0.28.04). Changes in this release:
Code:
- Changed the default behavior for handling
  PiP/secondary audio/video.  PROCESS_SECONDARY
  now defaults to "1" (true) and full backups will
  include secondary audio/video.
- Fixed an error related to PiP and extension data
  tables in which some timestamp entries may not have
  been updated.
- Fixed possible "CorrectMPLS()00006 2408" that may
  occur during rebuild.
- Added a specialized hidden setting that is meant
  for special circumstances. "HDDVD_COMPLIANT=1" in
  the "[Options]" area of the INI will force certain
  parameters to be used and will limit bitrate to
  that legal for HD-DVD playback.  Note:  This does
  NOT mean you can playback your output on an HD-DVD
  player.  It only means the stream will be encoded 
  in a way that is compliant for certain post BD-RB
  software packages to use it in creating HD-DVDs.
  If selecting this option with BD-25, it is likely
  you will undersize due to bitrate constraints.
- Added code to better select the movie-only MPLS.
  Now when there are two large MPLSs within 10% of
  each other, the default is the 2nd largest (which
  is generally the non-extended or non-commentary
  version).  You should still check the "Alternate
  Movie-Only Playlist" just to be sure.
- Corrected an error in the CRF prediction routine.
- Updated X264.EXE to the most recent version (r1222)
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd August 2009 at 23:22.
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:00   #4729  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs
Quote:
"HDDVD_COMPIANT=1"
THANK YOU ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:04   #4730  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Will "compLiant" also work? :-P
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:36   #4731  |  Link
GaPony

That's a different update..
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:24   #4732  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

THANK YOU ;>}
Hmmm.... maybe that's why I write so little documentation. It's "HDDVD_COMPLIANT". You don't know how many times I've misspelled it "COMPLAINT"...
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:48   #4733  |  Link
Chiamos

Quote:
Hmmm.... maybe that's why I write so little documentation. It's "HDDVD_COMPLIANT". You don't know how many times I've misspelled it "COMPLAINT"...
Now see what some people have done to some of your train of thought.

Last edited by Chiamos; 22nd August 2009 at 23:54.
Chiamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:53   #4734  |  Link
Capsbackup

Vocabulary... very overrated!! Thats why I just say " do what I think, not what I say".
Well, I think we know what you meant anyway. Thanks for the new update.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:01   #4735  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by focuspuller View Post
Firstly, as far as the problem I had, I was able to solve it. I simply reinstalled avisynth and everything is working again.

Related to the attempt to copy 12 Monkeys, still no go. And I tried it on a different computer, with Vista. So for the record "it's not windows 7". If I turn it into an ISO it works but there is something about this disc that simply won't work.

Now, I don't know if your post is directed toward me, but as far as your post goes, I can understand where you're coming from. You have stated that you don't support 7, but I wasn't aware of that until now.

And now I'm getting the same error on Vista.

Either way, other then this one disc, I have no problem. I enjoy using this program, and will continue to do so. I'm also very grateful for your hard work and support.
So grateful that you rated it a "1" for value for the money (I guess free isn't cheap enough) and "1" for functionality on VIDEOHELP.COM? I guess the fact that it is the ONLY program existing that does full backups of BDs to BD-25 today while still in beta doesn't get any points for functionality.

I don't think I'd hold my breath the next time you ask me for support of your "beta testing"...

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd August 2009 at 00:09.
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:02   #4736  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs
Quote:
You don't know how many times I've misspelled it "COMPLAINT"
That's on a par with all of the Christmas stories that take place in a "manager" ;>}.

The important thing is that we all "new whut jew railee ment" - and thank you for your efforts...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:20   #4737  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
So grateful that you rated it a "1" for value for the money (I guess free isn't cheap enough) and "1" for functionality on VIDEOHELP.COM? I guess the fact that it is the ONLY program existing that does full backups of BDs to BD-25 today while still in beta doesn't get any points for functionality.

I don't think I'd hold my breath the next time you ask me for support of your "beta testing"...
Don't mind the naysayers JD... you and your great software is most appreciated by the overwhelming majority. I know that I am extremely grateful to you for BD-RB.... and I know that I speak for just about everyone else here...

So much thanks Bro.... and BTW, I've nolt had any bugs to report, thus why I haven't posted too much lately on this thread.... all my back-ups are movie only BD-9s...

And lastly, focuspuller made a gramatical error... he meant to add those two 1's together..... '11' is what he should've rated it since I don't see anyone else stepping up to offer such a great software as you have to all for free, hope he donated atleast 'something' for your efforts...
Old 23rd August 2009, 01:48   #4738  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by leChameleon View Post
As there seem to be many versions of this posted can you point me to the correct one? I've tried a few but either they do not install properly either error or are not listed in GraphStudio.
Not sure dude, I downloaded a "pack" off rapidshare linked somewhere on this part of the forum. Only 1 of the versions of "VC1 Tweaker" in that pack worked. The rest either just hung on the encoding stage with no error, or gave a "memory access violation" error dialogue box.

In the pack there were 32\64 bit versions for each one with a batch file included you just double click to install as well as an uninstaller for each one too...

do a search typing "tweaker" or somethin and have a rummage in the threads
Old 23rd August 2009, 02:33   #4739  |  Link
focuspuller

Quote:

Yes I am, and yes I did. And it's not free if you pay for it.

If you're going to bring it up then you should explain further. I rated 6 of 10 for Ease Of Use, 1 of 10 for Functionality (based on the fact that the program stopped working completely on all projects), 1 of 10 for Value For Money (for the same reason), and 4 of 10 for Overall Score. I wrote the following review:

"While it's a wonderful program, it has one major flaw. It does not support Windows 7. This will be a huge problem going forward and may not change any time soon given the comments of it's creator."

The fact stated is that you don't support Windows 7, you don't, as you have said yourself. You have also stated that "90% of the cases where you are running into an issue and you are using Windows 7, Windows 7 is the cause".

The rest is opinion, but clearly one that matters to you since you choose to address it.

Let me be clear. My comments were made (both here and videohelp.com) as a Windows 7 user, and is directed to such users. When I wrote those number ratings I based them on the fact that BD rebuilder stopped working. This fact has changed, and as things stand now, everything works with the exception of one disc. To be fair, I number scored the way I did mostly out of frustration and the assuption that BD Rebuilder wouldn't work again on Windows 7 based on your statements. If I wrote that review now, the number score would be higher, but the statement would be the same.

You say that you don't support Windows 7, and that problems related to using BD Rebuilder ("90%") are Windows 7's fault, therefore the two should not be expected to work together.

But when a user states essentially the same thing and criticizes your program, you get on the defensive. You can't have it both ways.

Your adversarial comments aside, I like this program very much. I like what it does, how it does it, and I applaud your hard work. It was not my intention to make you feel defensive. But I will not shy from saying that something doesn't work, when it doesn't (which I thought was the point of this thread, and hopefully helpful to you). I will also not apologize for being part of a growing number of users to an operating system that comes out about a month or two from now, and, in all likelihood will be the largest group of Blu-ray users/copiers.

You may have the only BD shrink program out there. But how long will that last? And how will your strategy change when the time comes?

As for "holding my breath" for help, why? Because you've been so warn, fuzzy, and helpful so far? Don't worry, I'm sure that after dropping you a donation (which I have done) that I will receive the same excellent treatment.

In closing, despite the statements I have made regarding this program's issues (which is the point of this thread) I am a fan of this program and the work that goes into it. I am one of the people you make this program for. So pick another battle because there is no battle here.

p.s. If you need details regarding my donation let me know.

Last edited by focuspuller; 23rd August 2009 at 03:13.
focuspuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 02:58   #4740  |  Link
jdobbs

It does work with Windows 7, as others have already said. Unfortunately I can't come and hand-hold everyone who wishes to use it. You just have to bypass Microsofts screw-ups.

If you want to use the software -- feel free, that's why I wrote it. But I don't owe you or anyone else anything and the fact that you are willing to eat free pie and then bitch about it simply pisses me off -- and quite frankly, it has me thinking that I should put this project on permanent hold. If you were in my shoes, you'd be defensive too.

I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO GO THROUGH LIFE THINKING SOMEHOW THE WORLD OWES THEM. I don't like rude behavior in a person and I won't tolerate it. When I do something for someone, I don't expect or care whether I get thanks -- but accepting bitching is beyond what I can stand.

I suggest you send your verbose comments and your donation to one of those non-existent other packages you're talking about when they come out in 2-3 years. Send me an e-mail so I know it's you and I'll happily refund it.

I have a real job in addition to this, and I spend lots of hours (my free time) just to make software for others to use -- but I can prove very easily that doing so is completely my choice.

Quote:
1 of 10 for Value For Money (for the same reason)
So I guess you want me to send you money for using it? That's pretty much the only way I can think to make it cheaper...

I'm sure you think you're right in what you're saying... that's the sad pathetic part.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd August 2009 at 03:17.