Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 18th March 2008, 20:27   #941  |  Link
shambles

http://www.dump.ro/download.php?file...&download=true
Old 19th March 2008, 00:26   #942  |  Link

Well, the DGA shows the truncated count and there are no frame repeat SEIs to account for the missing frames. Indexing stops at the end of the input file.

So, I would guess it's a result of the concatenation of all the M2TS files. The only way to check that is for you to give me links to:

1. The last M2TS file
2. A split of the last chunk of the combined file

Then I could compare them. You could do it too, if you are a geek.

Last resort, send me all the M2TS files on a disk by smail mail.

Is the last 7 seconds REALLY important?
Old 19th March 2008, 00:41   #943  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
...it's a seamless branching title so before loading it i have to copy /b 22 m2ts files....
There's another thing you can try. After you've concatenated the files into one. Run that file through tsremux and then try the resulting file. If you still have a problem, then you might need to run the resulting file through tsremux too.

There has been at least one title (DeJa Vu) that needed that done, i.e., run the concatenated file through tsremux, then run that output file through tsremux.
Old 19th March 2008, 14:29   #944  |  Link
shambles

the last m2ts file is 7gb i guess it's not that important. i can always use directshowsource which will return all the frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbo View Post
There's another thing you can try. After you've concatenated the files into one. Run that file through tsremux and then try the resulting file. If you still have a problem, then you might need to run the resulting file through tsremux too.

There has been at least one title (DeJa Vu) that needed that done, i.e., run the concatenated file through tsremux, then run that output file through tsremux.
gah. i'll give that a try later.
Old 19th March 2008, 23:15   #945  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Neuron I have small request.
When I use command line log file is always empty (no information about stream). I will need that file because I want to know if source is interlaced or progressive. Another thing. Log file should be saved in the same directory as *.dga file.

Thank you.
Old 22nd March 2008, 06:06   #946  |  Link
Encoder888

neuron2,

I'm still getting the crashes every now and then... You said I was the only one and I believe you, but I'm just trying to figure out what may be causing it. Definitely, it tends to crash more when I'm trying to play another video file at the same time its demuxing, be it a DVD, BD or any MPEG-4... And by crashing, I mean it just closes and leaves the demuxed audio to where it got. Is DGAVCDec not very friendly with certain programs, like AnyDVD ? Anyhow, I'm sure the issue is with me, I may just have to reinstall Windows.

Also, I wanted to ask you if it was possible for DGAVCDec to maybe generate audio delay? I use it mainly through AutoMKV and I've been getting progressive delays, as in it starts with almost no delay at the beginning of the movie and it gets worse as it progresses until near the end the audio is delayed by about a second. AutoMKV's own delay tools can't fix it either and I'm just trying to figure out if the problem occurs after demuxing or after encoding with AAC... Or maybe when the final file is muxed ? Any advice there?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Old 22nd March 2008, 15:39   #947  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
I'm unable to download DGAVCDecode for some reason! It keeps timing out. Anybody else had this problem?
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:42   #948  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 20

Fixes audio detection and demuxing and consequent video decoding errors for some streams.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:44   #949  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encoder888 View Post
I use it mainly through AutoMKV and I've been getting progressive delays, as in it starts with almost no delay at the beginning of the movie and it gets worse as it progresses until near the end the audio is delayed by about a second.
You're messing up the video frame rate somehow. Nothing to do with me.
Old 24th March 2008, 08:11   #950  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Thread title update?
__

Slight progressive delays are possibly related to some confusion about NTSC / FILM frame rates. Make sure you know exactly if it has 23.976 or 24.0 fps / 29.97 or 30.0 fps!
Old 25th March 2008, 13:43   #951  |  Link
ChiDragon

Long time no post... I've decrypted the Die Hard 3 Blu-ray and this is my first attempt at working with AVC. DGIndex is of course invaluable for MPEG-2 in AviSynth, so here I turn again to neuron2's wizardry.

The other day I started trying out Alpha 19 to process and demux the m2ts and it kept giving me an error along the lines of "Cannot find audio or video stream" at a seemingly random point a few thousand frames in every time I tried to demux, but worked fine if I just used regular old Save Project. After turning to mplayer to get at the raw h264 file, today I had a brainwave: "oh yeah! I was running out of space on this drive!" Sure enough, demuxing it to a different drive completed perfectly. So it was just my stupidity, but a stupidity check for the destination's free space would be nice when we're working with these large files, if possible. I double-checked to see if I still get the "Cannot find" error in a20 by saving to yet another drive, this one with 1.37GB free, and it dies with 800MB still to be used.

It also crashes instantly when I try to demux without setting an audio PID (hey, I just wanted the video).

Now, to my questions... Is there a reason for AVC deblocking defaulting to "true" when it didn't in DGIndex? I would think we'd want access to the pure frames themselves, but I'm probably missing something regarding the new format. Second, I saw the "frame struct" field bouncing between Frame and MBAFF throughout processing. I thought MBAFF was an interlaced format, shouldn't a stream Fox describes as 1080p show up as Frame only?

P.S. I think you missed replacing one reference to DGIndex in the manual, and then 3 in the command line section to VOBs.
Old 25th March 2008, 13:54   #952  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDragon View Post
I double-checked to see if I still get the "Cannot find" error in a20 by saving to yet another drive, this one with 1.37GB free, and it dies with 800MB still to be used.
Can you provide a stream that I can use to duplicate this?

Quote:
It also crashes instantly when I try to demux without setting an audio PID (hey, I just wanted the video).
Can you provide a stream that I can use to duplicate this? Nothing can be done unless I can duplicate your issue.

Quote:
Now, to my questions... Is there a reason for AVC deblocking defaulting to "true" when it didn't in DGIndex? I would think we'd want access to the pure frames themselves
In AVC, deblocking is an integral part of the decoding. If you turn off deblocking, then you have impure frames. Refer to the AVC spec and literature for details.

Quote:
I saw the "frame struct" field bouncing between Frame and MBAFF throughout processing. I thought MBAFF was an interlaced format, shouldn't a stream Fox describes as 1080p show up as Frame only?
It's normal. The encoding is adaptive.

Quote:
P.S. I think you missed replacing one reference to DGIndex in the manual, and then 3 in the command line section to VOBs.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 25th March 2008, 18:24   #953  |  Link
ChiDragon

Touche, I thought the error/crash would be repeatable with any file but I just tried with one of the small SD clips from the disc and it can be demuxed fine without specifying any audio. I've made a 50MB chunk that I can repeat the 2nd issue with but I've filled the drive completely with 0 bytes remaining and it still lets me demux the chunk (into 0-byte files) without giving the Cannot Find error so I'll have to do a little more testing...

Edit: Well I can't seem to repeat the first issue with anything but the original 30GB file so I guess that'll have to remain unexplained. I split it with HDBDSplitGUI. 10MB chunk for demux with no audio crash. I've noticed that some of my earlier, larger chunks crash the program as soon as I try to open them. I'm uploading a 50MB chunk to show that. It plays garbled junk in my old version of VLC but doesn't crash, and in MPC it starts with green junk then corrects to normality. Almost definitely something caused by the file splitting but I thought you might want to check it out anyway.

Edit2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RUBQTXA4

Last edited by ChiDragon; 25th March 2008 at 19:52.
Old 25th March 2008, 20:56   #954  |  Link

The first one fails due to a bug in my DTS audio demuxing. If DTS is present and you don't demux it, it will crash. I'll fix it in the next version.

I'm still investigating the second one.
Old 25th March 2008, 21:37   #955  |  Link

OK, I have the second one resolved now as well.

Unfortunately alpha 20 is messed up. If there are more than 256 PPS's encountered in the stream during the fixed inital parsing, then it dies when it starts to decode the first picture. I don't know how many streams that is true for, but it needs to be fixed ASAP.

I'll get a new alpha out tonight.

Last edited by Guest; 25th March 2008 at 23:00.
Old 26th March 2008, 18:44   #956  |  Link
liquidator87

Is input from m2ts supported? I assume yes looking at the "open file" dialog, but every time I try to save the *.dga the program crashes... which doesn't happen when I do the same thing from the *.h264
Old 26th March 2008, 19:01   #957  |  Link

Gosh, I already explained why less than a few posts above. Unless it's another cause of course.

Open the m2ts. Then do Audio/Audio Demux. Is there a DTS track listed. If, select it for deum and then save the project. Does it still crash?
Old 26th March 2008, 19:05   #958  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

is 21 ready?
Old 26th March 2008, 19:07   #959  |  Link

It is ready. I'll post it this evening.
Old 27th March 2008, 00:01   #960  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 aplha 21

1. Fixed a bug that caused DGAVCIndex to crash when doing Save Project on a stream that contains a DTS audio track, and that track is not selected for demuxing.

2. Fixed a bug that caused DGAVCIndex to crash if more than 256 PPS's are encountered during the initial parsing following the opening of a stream.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Closed Thread