Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Translations

Old 20th December 2005, 13:31   #1  |  Link
DVD_GR

Request to help doom9 please :(

the translation and the forum of the greek part of doom9 and the greek speaking forum is down,the old hoster was seeking support but closed the site thus I cant find him,it goes up to 2 months that the greek part is down..PLEASE I want to reopen it but I need the database and the data from the greek forum,
Oddyseus has quit and did not help me keeping the greek part open I am very sad..
DVD_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2005, 20:13   #2  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Can't you get in touch with the old host and ask for the database and html pages? Who else would have the database?
Old 21st December 2005, 13:13   #3  |  Link
DVD_GR

scipio contacted oddyseus but I believe he did not get an answer,the bad thing is that I was away from the scene due to army problems for more than a year and my returning found greek doom9 wanting hosting..I said I could manage it but,suddenly they closed everything I will try finding a way to contact the host but if you could help I would be gratefull
Old 21st December 2005, 13:30   #4  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I tried to contact odysseus on my own even before reading your message (the day the admin of the Dutch mirror told me something was wrong with the site). Unfortunately I have also been unable to make contact and it's not like I have the most recent contact information for whoever ran the site lying around.. in fact that has always been a problem with the Greek mirror.. I never really knew who was in charge. I'll try email and see if I have another old email that I could try, but apart from that I'm afraid I don't know what else to do
Old 21st December 2005, 16:34   #5  |  Link
DVD_GR

yes you are correct,the parts of the translation of the news,maybe because most of the greeks know english well and the team was not good organized,and guides were behind but the the support forum was fully working.the work that had been done should be delivered to someone to continue support in greek and find people to continue translating guides.Hope we get the data and reopen it......
Old 13th January 2006, 00:02   #6  |  Link
forsakenlad

I have his mail address, just pulled it out from his profile at our forums. It is probably valid as he had registered in our boards with it (our board needs activation):

oddyseus@acn.gr
forsakenlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 09:07   #7  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I hope by now things have settled down.. I've been able to make contact with odysseus prior to Christmas. But being int he middle of the codec comparison, I had other more important things to look into since then.
Old 14th January 2006, 03:51   #8  |  Link
DVD_GR

Well I contacted him,found the mail and contacted the man who has the database,but until now nothing...here in greece things are toooo lazyyy I believe.....I will send again a pm to see if we can do something....
starting from the beggining will be really bad thing....
Old 25th January 2006, 01:37   #9  |  Link
DVD_GR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
I hope by now things have settled down.. I've been able to make contact with odysseus prior to Christmas. But being int he middle of the codec comparison, I had other more important things to look into since then.
can we make the arrangements for the greek doom9 to reopen again???
Doom9?Scipio?Who can help me?