Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th April 2011, 03:45   #11721  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcovington View Post
By the way, what is the other "issue" related to the black screen? Is there something I can do about that in ffdshow settings, AviSynth, yv12, etc?
Thanks.
I am not sure why, but you should be able to see video when playing this .avs file with MPC. If not, then I believe a DirectshowSource problem exists.
Since this does not appear to be a BD-RB bug, it should be moved or you can start a new thread for further discussion.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 05:05   #11722  |  Link
jz1276

My backups are taking 23 hrs to complete. XP serv pack3 AMD 64 processsor 4000+ / 1.43 GB RAM. Is this normal?
jz1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 05:20   #11723  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz1276 View Post
My backups are taking 23 hrs to complete. XP serv pack3 AMD 64 processsor 4000+ / 1.43 GB RAM. Is this normal?
Sounds about right. You might be able to shave some time, Depending on the scenario though.

Settings, Encoder settings, Good (very fast). You can't be under automatic settings of course And of course your 4000+ is limited. 3 Cores or more is preferred.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 12:37   #11724  |  Link
bcovington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Rip to harddisk is different than to ISO. You will not need to mount the files, so perhaps Vista will be more "forgiving" to process it this way.
If you try to play the original 00000.m2ts with MPC, does it play?
The VID_00000.avs will not have sound when played with MPC, but should have the original video. If it does not and has only a black screen, you have another issue.
Since it will not hurt, I would uninstall haali, delete the program folder for haali, uninstall ffdshow and avisynth. Reboot. Then install the ones available from page one of this thread. ( even if you did this before, do it again and make sure you delete the program folder for haali!)
Attempt #4 failed with an error. I had not gotten errors on previous attempts. This time, I had the bdmv files on the hard drive instead of inside and iso in a virtual drive. If you see an obvious error, let me know. Otherwise I guess I am just going to give up. Thanks.

-----------------------
[21:19:28] BD Rebuilder v0.37.07 (beta)
- Source: STAR_TREK
- Input BD size: 36.85 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:06:50.269]
- Target BD size: 4.36 GB
- Windows Version: 6.0 [6001]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Auto Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[21:19:28] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:19:28] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [21:40:52] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [21:40:52] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 182,464 frames
- Bitrate: 3,721 Kbs
- [21:40:52] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- [00:41:13] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 2 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.37.07 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.0 [6001]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[05:10:06] - Failed video encode, aborted
bcovington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 13:51   #11725  |  Link
jdobbs

@bcovington

You really don't need to post everytime you try to encode and clutter up the thread -- logic tells us that it is going to keep on failing until you find the cause. As I said before, the problem happens only on your system. I'm personally convinced it is an issue with either your source or (more likely) your system. You may want to think about reseating your memory and/or checking the temperature of your processor.

Since right now I don't think it is an issue with BD Rebuilder itself, I'd suggest you move this discussion to a new thread.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th April 2011 at 13:58.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 13:54   #11726  |  Link
jdobbs

@Ch3vr0n

I'll pick up "Order of the Phoenix" and run it. I thought I'd run that one before but I can't seem to find it now. That message means that after adding up all the content (audio/video) that must remain intact, there isn't any room left.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th April 2011 at 13:59.
Old 9th April 2011, 23:32   #11727  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

I think i've found the problem. All streams are identified as english. See image 1. however on the box cover the audio streams are PCM: English 5.1, Dolby digital: English, Netherlands, Flemish, french, german, spanish, italian, danish swedish and japanese 5.1. See image 2. Image 2 also shows "audio 13" wich is the flemish stream, but PDVD can't identify it properly. Thats probably a PDVD issue and not BDRB. But bdrb thinks they're all english. Which is probably why it thinks theirs no room left. If i manually deselect the unwanted streams (being all of them except the 2 english streams and audio 13). BDRB still can't run. The disc is R2 belgian: with barcode 7321906156947

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7939/sam0567.jpg

2nd image is link only due to being too big in screen size
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 01:18   #11728  |  Link
bcovington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@bcovington

You really don't need to post everytime you try to encode and clutter up the thread -- logic tells us that it is going to keep on failing until you find the cause. As I said before, the problem happens only on your system. I'm personally convinced it is an issue with either your source or (more likely) your system. You may want to think about reseating your memory and/or checking the temperature of your processor.

Since right now I don't think it is an issue with BD Rebuilder itself, I'd suggest you move this discussion to a new thread.
I am cluttering up your 587 page long thread? I am posting results after attempting the changes that have been suggested by other forum members.
It may very well be my system. But my system accurately completes everything else I ask it to do.
And, I found this particular thread because I saw a post from someone who had the exact same problem. He got no solution either.
I am not going away mad. I am just going away. The software does not work for me and it's not worth the trouble anyway.
Thanks for your help, and especially the suggestions I received from others.
bcovington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 02:06   #11729  |  Link
omegaman7

Bcovington:

I think what Jdobbs means by "Cluttering up" is anything that is NOT a probable bug. Since he believes you have a system issue, E.g. Ram errors, Cpu overclock errors, etc. He requests you take it to a new thread for resolving. It's not personal, just logical
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 02:14   #11730  |  Link
had-z

... Seems like my problem is related to the codecs VC-1 and MPEG-2 and always was here...
Because the first 2 movies that i backuped was x264 sources (Main movie and extras) Iron Man 2 and Transformers 2 resulting in perfect quality, Today i do the backup of X-men 1 Disc 1, The main movie was encoded perfectly (x264) but when i test some extras discover a new bug/issue.

How i can delete the register of the required programs FFdshow and Avisynth? or test the frameserving?
had-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 02:15   #11731  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcovington View Post
I am cluttering up your 587 page long thread? I am posting results after attempting the changes that have been suggested by other forum members.
It may very well be my system. But my system accurately completes everything else I ask it to do.
And, I found this particular thread because I saw a post from someone who had the exact same problem. He got no solution either.
I am not going away mad. I am just going away. The software does not work for me and it's not worth the trouble anyway.
Thanks for your help, and especially the suggestions I received from others.
Sigh... I guess the other several thousand people who are using it and don't have your problem must be missing something. I'm simply telling you the facts, whether you accept it is up to you.

Quote:
But my system accurately completes everything else I ask it to do.
As anyone here at DOOM9 can tell you, video encoding (especially X264) is very demanding and it will find issues on your system that would be hidden to other apps... it's the ultimate stability tester.

Good luck.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2011 at 15:28.
Old 10th April 2011, 08:34   #11732  |  Link
Discoboy

“Forced Subs” not automatically displayed for a 720p movie only

Hi jdobbs,

Is this a bug, a setting I have not correctly set or code that is not implemented yet for this situation?

Background:
Machete – region B, Movie only, 1080p to 720p downsize, target size BD-5

This movie has a lot of forced subs especially in the first 5 mins of the movie for the Mexican spoken. In the above project the forced subs are not displayed until I manually press the subs button on the players remote. But when the forced subs have finished the subs still stay displayed i.e. now over the English that is spoken until I turn the subs off again via the players remote.

If I run again the project but do NOT downsize:
Machete – region B, Movie only, 1080p, target size BD-9

With this project the forced subs are correctly auto displayed and cleared when finish i.e. no user intervention is needed via the player remote.

To complete this project at 720p / BD-5 with forced subs auto enabled I used Ripbot264 as this has an option to select the forced subs as well as the standard subs for a downsized 720p movie.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by Discoboy; 10th April 2011 at 09:28.
Discoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 15:26   #11733  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoboy View Post
Hi jdobbs,

Is this a bug, a setting I have not correctly set or code that is not implemented yet for this situation?

Background:
Machete – region B, Movie only, 1080p to 720p downsize, target size BD-5

This movie has a lot of forced subs especially in the first 5 mins of the movie for the Mexican spoken. In the above project the forced subs are not displayed until I manually press the subs button on the players remote. But when the forced subs have finished the subs still stay displayed i.e. now over the English that is spoken until I turn the subs off again via the players remote.

If I run again the project but do NOT downsize:
Machete – region B, Movie only, 1080p, target size BD-9

With this project the forced subs are correctly auto displayed and cleared when finish i.e. no user intervention is needed via the player remote.

To complete this project at 720p / BD-5 with forced subs auto enabled I used Ripbot264 as this has an option to select the forced subs as well as the standard subs for a downsized 720p movie.

Many thanks in advance for your help
The SUP file has a flag within it (I'm not sure which flag it is) that "forces" it. When TSMUXER resizes the sub to 720, somehow that flag isn't transferred.

I wish knew where that flag was stored -- and I'd set it. Documentation on BD SUP files is scarce. I have a couple things I've dug up (showing how the object/segment formats) but I don't see the flag forces the subs on. I know its there, though -- because it continues to work if you don't resize.

You can turn subs ON by default in BD Rebuilder by right clicking on the subtitle and clicking "Default On", but as you noted, that doesn't help in your situation. In other movies, however, the "forced" subs are in a separate stream and can be left on.

I'll do some research today and see what I can find.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2011 at 15:43.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:43   #11734  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The SUP file has a flag within it (I'm not sure which flag it is) that "forces" it. When TSMUXER resizes the sub to 720, somehow that flag isn't transferred.

I wish knew where that flag was stored -- and I'd set it. Documentation on BD SUP files is scarce. I have a couple things I've dug up (showing how the object/segment formats) but I don't see the flag forces the subs on. I know its there, though -- because it continues to work if you don't resize.

You can turn subs ON by default in BD Rebuilder by right clicking on the subtitle and clicking "Default On", but as you noted, that doesn't help in your situation. In other movies, however, the "forced" subs are in a separate stream and can be left on.

I'll do some research today and see what I can find.
[Edit] Hmmm... well that didn't take long. I found it in the docs I have. I'll try to have it fixed for the next release. I'll probably have to resize the subs myself, though -- as TSMUXER's output for 720p would have it missing already.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:48   #11735  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by had-z View Post
... Seems like my problem is related to the codecs VC-1 and MPEG-2 and always was here...
Because the first 2 movies that i backuped was x264 sources (Main movie and extras) Iron Man 2 and Transformers 2 resulting in perfect quality, Today i do the backup of X-men 1 Disc 1, The main movie was encoded perfectly (x264) but when i test some extras discover a new bug/issue.

How i can delete the register of the required programs FFdshow and Avisynth? or test the frameserving?
Uninstall everything and reinstall using only the versions linked in the first post of this thread. Also, look through your system and see if you can find other programs that are interfering with the CODEC settings.

You can see if the CODECs are working by installing "Media Player Classic" (MPC). Then open the AVS with MPC. If it plays back correctly, the odds are very high that it will also be frame-served correctly.
Old 10th April 2011, 16:54   #11736  |  Link
had-z

Quote:
Uninstall everything and reinstall using only the versions linked in the first post of this thread. Also, look through your system and see if you can find other programs that are interfering with the CODEC settings.

You can see if the CODECs are working by installing "Media Player Classic" (MPC). Then open the AVS with MPC. If it plays back correctly, the odds are very high that it will also be frame-served correctly.
Thanks!! seems like the problem with the dark knight is solved, in this moment a backup of Xmen is cooking to view if the problem with MPEG-2 still exist...

The only bug remaining is the related to black hawk down...
(The main movie don't appear in the stream list)
had-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 17:15   #11737  |  Link
1Bullet

wierd bug in CURRENT VERSION 0.37.07 (March 29th, 2011)

I just tried to do movie only on 2 separate films both films are over 40 gb+ after ripping. After using BD Rebuilder, I end up with a film that is 8gb(should be 25gb) with full audio. The entire audio is there for length of film. the log shows everything completed.
The film plays fine for 27 minutes the uses the same frame (like a still) for the balance of the film using the entire audio. The entire film is 3 hours long(176 minutes).
This now the second time this has happened, with this version. First time I thought it was just a glich.
It is not consistantly doing it it appears it is only happening on large films over 2.5 hours. The last one was Waterworld directors cut.
1Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 18:05   #11738  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bullet View Post

I just tried to do movie only on 2 separate films both films are over 40 gb+ after ripping. After using BD Rebuilder, I end up with a film that is 8gb(should be 25gb) with full audio. The entire audio is there for length of film. the log shows everything completed.
The film plays fine for 27 minutes the uses the same frame (like a still) for the balance of the film using the entire audio. The entire film is 3 hours long(176 minutes).
This now the second time this has happened, with this version. First time I thought it was just a glich.
It is not consistantly doing it it appears it is only happening on large films over 2.5 hours. The last one was Waterworld directors cut.
I hate to say it again... but are you overclocked? It sounds like X264 is crashing mid-encode.

You may want to try stepping back a version of X264 (look in one of the previous zip files for BD-RB) and see if that has an impact. But if you are overclocked, I'd suggest you back the cpu clock down a bit as that's more likely the issue. The time factor makes CPU heat a likely problem...

As I said a few posts back, X264 is the ultimate test for system stability.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2011 at 18:09.
Old 10th April 2011, 18:09   #11739  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bullet View Post

Sounds like your PC has become unstable! Have you cleaned out the dust on the cpu fan, power supply, etc... to make sure it's not over heating? Or faulty power supply, memory, cpu, fan, etc.. among other potential issues could be present.

edit: looks like jdobbs is on top of this one too!

Last edited by Capsbackup; 10th April 2011 at 18:12.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 18:22   #11740  |  Link
jdobbs

Just a note for those folks who do a lot of resizing to 720p.

I've been looking through the SUP file format and doing some work in resizing (to support subtitle conversion when outputting to DVD and fix the "forced flag" issue). In doing so I've just happened to have stumbled across the cause of the TSMUXER error that causes occasional failures when resizing to 720p.

The Object_Definition_Segment that includes all the information for actually drawing the subtitle image (stored as run-length encoded data) normally consists of only a single sequence (the graphic image of the text). Good enough, as the graphics for text is fairly small in most circumstances. But the Object_Definition_Segment has a mechanism for handling multiple sequences of graphic data (so large bitmaps can be divided into multiple parts each less than 64K long). It appears TSMUXER doesn't have the capability to handle those multiple sequences and dies when it encounters them (with the error "Unexpected byte").

The good news is that since these sequences are generally used in graphic overlays that aren't related to subtitles -- I can make BD Rebuilder ignore them completely when doing a movie-only encode. For full backups, however, the graphics are needed (usually to handle some type of special feature like pop-up selections etc.) I'm going to have to come up with some other way of resizing them.

Just thought it was interesting and wanted to let you know...

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2011 at 19:13.