Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 16th October 2009, 12:47   #5941  |  Link
RainyDog

Atak,

Would you consider adding a few extra x264 options to Ripbot in a future version? It'd be good to have adjustable options for MB Tree on/off, Psy RD and PSY Trellis, merange, aqstrength and even qcomp. I regularly adjust these by altering my scripts manually anyway, but it'd be handier and tidier to have them as tweakable options in the Ripbot GUI itself. Maybe you could then add a customs profiles tag so we could name and save them for easy access depending on input content for different encodes (film, anime etc).

Just a suggestion anyway, and I understand why you wouldn't want to bloat Ripbot with advanced options considering it's intention as an easy and simple GUI.

Cheers.

Last edited by RainyDog; 16th October 2009 at 13:09.
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 16:14   #5942  |  Link
kikker

Hi Atak,

Please, please consider adding option to extract core audio from the lossless audio formats. Thank you!!
kikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 16:53   #5943  |  Link
Preludee01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
1. No. Use the x64 version of x264 if your on a x64 operating system as the only difference will be a speed increase. Quality isn't affected.

2. I personally end up with all my 720p rips between 4500kbps and 7000kbps, and 2-pass lock them down to sizes in 1120mb increments starting at 4480mb for approx. 90min films. But there's many factors that can contribute to why I might increase an average bitrate (and, in turn, file size), such as amount of motion, grain etc. in the video. I personally split my source into 1-2 min clips, run quick encoding tests on a few of those then compare to the source until I get as close to transparency as possible. But I realise most people won't be so anal so, yes, 5000kbps is a generally safe bitrate to use for 720p I'd say.

On the other hand, CQ mode is kind of a more streamlined version of the above process and will adjust the bitrate and file size based on the complexity of your input itself. Hence why you're getting different bitrates for different films/videos.

Hope that helps.
Hey. Thanks for great answer. Only probleme is when i download the 64bit of x264 (FFDShow 64bit), i cant get ripbot to start up. It say i need the ffdshow of 32bit. Anyway i can change setting so i can run it to 64bit? ty
Preludee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 17:33   #5944  |  Link
RainyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preludee01 View Post
Hey. Thanks for great answer. Only probleme is when i download the 64bit of x264 (FFDShow 64bit), i cant get ripbot to start up. It say i need the ffdshow of 32bit. Anyway i can change setting so i can run it to 64bit? ty
Sorry Preludee, I forgot to mention that bit. Yes, Ripbot needs the 32bit version of ffdshow installed. It will still use the x64 version of x264 on a 64bit operating system, however. You can have both the 32 and 64bit versions of ffshow installed side by side, so keep the 64bit for media playback and install the 32bit version for Ripbot.
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 17:40   #5945  |  Link
Preludee01

alright tks alot. And i guest new version of ripbot is out, gona check it out now
Preludee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 00:17   #5946  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Atak,

Just for updates;

I've make an Ghost of my complete installation partition. I install Windows Vista SP2 x64 and make installation and application still crash.

I Redownload avisynth 2.5.8. stable build (was 2.5.8 beta latest update) and it was the trouble. Two conversion is in progress and same to be good. I will make an Ghost of my installation partition, and restore Windows 7 and uninstall avisynth; and let you know if the application crash again.

Avisynth was downloaded from dvdhelp if my memory is good. I download directly from avisynth.org, stable version (recommanded).

thanks for you time.

EDIT:
After reinstall avisynth, reinstall the new one, try to convert 2 movies, after project demuxed at 100%, the application avs2avi.exe crashed again. I've apply an propertries on the application avs2avi.exe, set compatibility to VISTA SP2, apply, re-import file, i can done the import file, but after close the PREVIEW AVS application crash again. BUT, i got an second error

(Ripbot264 window: " is not a valid integer value)

but i've install Ripbot264 1.14.5 to do the test. i will go back to 1.14.4 to test it and update my editing part with update here:
make the same. I test same movies but in Vista SP2 x64 and everything works fine.

Now, im stuck...

Thanks.

Last edited by 8ternity; 17th October 2009 at 03:41.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 05:52   #5947  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennan View Post
I had a similar problem with Win7 x64, try the following settings:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2697/setting1.png

try configuring MPC-HT for DXVA (if you have nvidia or ati hd videocard) with built-in decoder and it looks (and plays) excellent
sorry, but which versione of "Media Player Classic" are you using?
Because on mine, i dont have that options!!
like in the output section "EVR Custom press" and other settings!?!??!

the one installed by ffdshow (32bit), the one installed
by ffdshow (64bit) or what? can you please tell me the version
you are using? thx

Last edited by Blackwalker; 17th October 2009 at 05:54.
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 06:29   #5948  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
sorry, but which versione of "Media Player Classic" are you using?
Because on mine, i dont have that options!!
like in the output section "EVR Custom press" and other settings!?!??!

the one installed by ffdshow (32bit), the one installed
by ffdshow (64bit) or what? can you please tell me the version
you are using? thx
Samething for me, EVR Custom Press i don't have that option but i test another one. I think he had MediaPlayer Classic HT (Home theather) version.

Make some test, read description when cursor stay on option you have an pop-up description.
Old 17th October 2009, 17:04   #5949  |  Link
wolflop

new version 6.1.1.4.5 . Same Problem. After 15 % converting a mkv to avchd. Program says after crash jobs done.
MTS stream length 188000 KB.

Who can help ?

wolflop
wolflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 20:47   #5950  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

You better explain us where did you get this corrupted mkv?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 21:31   #5951  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

So I tried my first 2D cartoon clip with the denoise as you suggested and I like that it's FFT3DGPU instead of FFT3DFilter as I recently install a GPU card on my rig. But I looked into the .avs and it uses sigma=5 and everything else is default (since not defined). Where may I change the FFT3DGPU parameters? I would like to use a sharpen=1.0 and bt=4 with sigma=1.5 for the FILM. I've never try sigma=5 so I'll see how much it denoises in 2D animations first then report back.

MKVCrazy
MKVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 22:24   #5952  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Atak,

I've finally restore to Windows Vista SP1 x86. I Did not install the SP2 for vista because when i install it, i've have an x264.exe crash during conversion. I've convert 3 movies (2 this night and one is waiting 1 hours to get done).

Just to let you knwo that everything is fine! Im happy. Im ghosting my partition and let everything has is
Old 17th October 2009, 22:39   #5953  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflop View Post
new version 6.1.1.4.5 . Same Problem. After 15 % converting a mkv to avchd. Program says after crash jobs done.
MTS stream length 188000 KB.

Who can help ?

wolflop
Uninstall matroska haali, ffdshow and avisynth;
Download thoes version;
Install avisynth, ffdshow, avisynth, reboot, retry conversion.

Avisynth:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/avis...8.exe/download

ffdshow:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffds...d.exe/download

Matroska haali:
http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/MatroskaSplitter.exe
Old 17th October 2009, 23:21   #5954  |  Link
parsifal

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem trying to encode an Avisynth script I wrote the other day. Watching the progress of the encoding via the GUI and the system tray icon, it seems that all 3185 frames of the script get encoded but then RipBot264 gets stuck with displaying the string "Pass1..." indefinitely, not proceeding with multiplexing into the final video file. I also noticed that the Windows Task Manager shows the processes named avs2yuv.exe and pipebuf.exe as still running.

Some additional info: I am using Windows Vista Business SP2 x64 with RipBot264 v1.14.5, same happened with the previous version of RipBot264. With other video files as input and the same encoding settings, there is no problem. The script is perfectly playable in MPC-HC and encoding with MeGUI also completes successfully.

Those of you with a fast internet access and willing to take a look at it, here's a MediaFire link for a ZIP archive with the Avisynth script and the source files: avs_and_sourcefiles.zip (22.85 MB).

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by parsifal; 17th October 2009 at 23:27.
parsifal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 23:44   #5955  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Where may I change the FFT3DGPU parameters?
eeeee directly in script?

@parsifal
change this line in RipBot264.ini
Usex264x64=0

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 17th October 2009 at 23:53.
Old 18th October 2009, 00:00   #5956  |  Link
parsifal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
@parsifal
Usex264x64=0
That solved it, thank you very much! Shame for the speed penalty, though. Oh well... :-)

edit: Is it a general issue with x64 and AVS input? If so, maybe you could add a routine in the code that checks for the file extension of the input file and overrides the ini setting? So, users wouldn't have to edit the ini file each time Avisynth input is required.

Last edited by parsifal; 18th October 2009 at 00:05.
parsifal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 00:02   #5957  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Shame for the speed penalty, though. Oh well... :-)
I wouldn't cry to much for 5% slower speed. I get 2-4% faster speed with x64. I'm really disappointed.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 18th October 2009 at 00:12.
Old 18th October 2009, 00:33   #5958  |  Link
parsifal

Are you by any chance running your tests on an Intel CPU? With my dual core AMD K8, for this exact AVS script (1280x720, 25fps encoded@CQ22) , I get a 30sec improvement over the 194sec that the 32bit x264 build achieves (both times measuring only the 1st pass duration, not the initialization stage nor the muxing stage obviously). That's ~15% less time or if you prefer, a 1.18x speedup. Granted, not mind-blowing, but still respectable. :-)
Old 18th October 2009, 01:49   #5959  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

To anyone who cares:
The installer will have to wait for this release. I am in the middle of building a web page and have not the time to devote to it...

Just extract and over write the old files in x:\program files\ripbot264\ (on x64 systems x:\program files (x86)\ripbot264\)
Old 18th October 2009, 02:10   #5960  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
eeeee directly in script?

@parsifal
Usex264x64=0
Yes. I want to change the parameters that's entered automatically when I select FILM/ANIME under DENOISE option.
MKVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360