Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th May 2009, 16:53   #4941  |  Link
nwg

Thanks for the new version.

However, burning to a BD is not really AVCHD so all BD audio formats should work with it. The player will recognise it as a BD not as a AVCHD.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 16:55   #4942  |  Link
mackworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
PCM, TrueHD and EAC3 will be always converted to uncompressed wave64 format (.w64). If you do BD50 -> BD25 backups you can import back .w64 into AVCHD structure. Quality will be exactly the same. Also keep in mind that AVCHD officially supports only AC3,DTS and PCM (wave64 for example).
Just to be clear, version MKVToolnix 2.7 added support for TrueHD, and 2.3 added support for DTS-HD.

If I select audio Stream copy from a blueray ripped with AnyDvD HD into a mkv file, will it copy the DTS-HD/TrueHD audio into the mkv, or will it only be a dts/AC3 file?
mackworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 16:56   #4943  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I still am trying to understand why there is no option to just leave hd audio untouched? Is it your personal choice not to include it?
My guess is it does not require much. TS muxer does that.
The audio is stripped off the video at the beginning and then after video reencode is done is muxed back together. So why can it not be unconverted hd audio?
I will repeat again.
Lossless audio (TrueHD,DTS-HD bla bla ...) has variable bit-rate. My calculation formula for AVCHD works only with constant bit-rate. Uncompressed audio (wave64) provides always constant bitrate. CONSTAT BITRATE = ACCURATE SIZE Uncompressed audio = so called HD Audio . BD-25 has enough room for video and uncompressed audio.

Quote:
Just to be clear, version MKVToolnix 2.7 added support for TrueHD, and 2.3 added support for DTS-HD.
ffdshow decodes only DTS-core. Flac has better compression than TrueHD. If you really want I can add option to compress truehd/pcm to flac.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 26th May 2009 at 16:59.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 17:00   #4944  |  Link
Nkotok

Quote:
I will repeat again.
Lossless audio (TrueHD,DTS-HD bla bla ...) has variable bit-rate. My calculation formula for AVCHD works only with constant bit-rate. Uncompressed audio (wave64) provides always constant bitrate. CONSTAT BITRATE = ACCURATE SIZE Uncompressed audio = so called HD Audio . BD-25 has enough room for video and uncompressed audio.
I see. Thanks for explaining. So when you say:"for BD25 backups you can import back .w64 into AVCHD structure". How do I do that? I mean at what stage: after I get the final blu-ray structure from RipBot. Do I need to remux everything once again?
Nkotok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 17:04   #4945  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1) select any .m2ts
2) select trueHD/pcm audio from list
3) after demuxing select avchd and COPY STREAM under audio profile
Old 26th May 2009, 17:14   #4946  |  Link
DIVX2009

You add in the future full recode for blu ray whit menu, ...??
DIVX2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 17:15   #4947  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

no.... If you want menu use multiAVCHD or if you want original menu use BD-RB
Old 26th May 2009, 17:26   #4948  |  Link
Nkotok

Quote:
I will repeat again.
Let me get back to this. I am still thinking about what you said.
So you have a calculation formula for AVCHD that works with constant bit-rate. But in case with HD audio we are not interested in this formula, right? If we want to keep hd audio as is, then all we care about is video reencode. So when we start using RipBot the TSmuxer strips video and audio and then RipBot uses your formula to calculate the output size. So if you choose no audio at all, it will make video only fit 100% on a BD25, right? And that without using AVCHD formula as you chose no audio. So when you choose to keep an HD track, is it possible to make RipBot to follow the same process but just deduct the size of the HD track and adjust the video output size?
If I got it all wrong, I apologize in advance! )

EDIT: I probably got AVCHD and your formula for it all wrong as it does all together: audio and video and can not be divided.

Last edited by Nkotok; 26th May 2009 at 17:34.
Old 26th May 2009, 18:25   #4949  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Yep looks great all around.

Is the x264 autovaq ?
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 18:44   #4950  |  Link
mackworth

Quote:
I will repeat again.

ffdshow decodes only DTS-core. Flac has better compression than TrueHD. If you really want I can add option to compress truehd/pcm to flac.
I am just looking for a way to make as close to original copy of the blueray into a single mkv file. It looks like ffdshow does decode TrueHD, but you are right that it does dts-hd core only.

Is there another tool that you know of that I could manually demux the dts-hd audio out and add it myself?

Flac sounds interesting for TrueHD audio, but I am playing back on a popcorn hour and i am not sure it can handle that combo (mkv and flac).
mackworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 19:17   #4951  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Flac sounds interesting for TrueHD audio, but I am playing back on a popcorn hour and i am not sure it can handle that combo (mkv and flac).
http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinesto...d=10&main_id=0
Old 26th May 2009, 20:08   #4952  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

OK the installer has been updated.
Old 26th May 2009, 23:06   #4953  |  Link
hbcsavage

How do i make a working avchd from a 1080i mkv file. Playing avchd on 160gb ps3?
hbcsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 23:10   #4954  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcsavage View Post
How do i make a working avchd from a 1080i mkv file. Playing avchd on 160gb ps3?
Where did you get the mkv from....
Old 27th May 2009, 00:55   #4955  |  Link
turbojet

Thanks for the new version especially the closing x264.exe workaound, sup resize support and vobsub support both seem to work well. Even though I never use it I also like the zoomed crop preview, at first it looks confusing but once you try it it's easier then having the full size frame on the screen.

Out of curiosity is there any benefit to keep the directshow/preferred filter in Windows 7?
How it is currently locks out all other directshow decoders except ffdshow from directshowsource. Removing the preferred key resolves this issue.

Another thing is now that there's sup resize and vobsub support could the subtitle selected from the select streams window be added automatically to the project?
TSMuxer supports up to 32 subtitles as far as I know. Could there be multiple subtitle selection from the select streams window?
Is there any chance of fixing subtitle preview for sup and unicode srt?

Is there a chance of an option to set larger font of the check box titles or just change to a larger font?

If you program has resolution and framerate info is there a chance to ensure level compliancy of reference frames and vbv max bitrate (maybe only when AVCHD compatibility is checked)?
For example 1280x720: 4.x max is 9 reference frames, 4.0 = 25 mbps max bitrate, 4.1 = 50 mbps max bitrate
and 1920x1080: 4.x max is 4 reference frames
b-pyramid no longer affects the reference count.
Also would it make sense to have current HD, bluray, Console profile renamed to AVCHD, Console or something and have another profile named Blu-Ray that has max bitrate of 40-45 mbps to prevent undersized BD25 with the current profile?

Any chance to add --tff to x264.exe.cmd when it's encoding interlaced?
Another thing could be using an avisynth function like 'last.getparity() ? 1 : 0' to tell field order and set tff or bff accordingly, tff is much more common however.

Also is there a chance of a delete temp directory option from ini?

Last edited by turbojet; 27th May 2009 at 08:13.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 01:51   #4956  |  Link
Nkotok

Why was blu-ray option removed and AVCHD put instead? So now if I want to make a bdmv to burn on a BD-r I need to take an extra step with TSmuxer?
Old 27th May 2009, 02:40   #4957  |  Link
rack04

Is there a way to specify the location of the temp folder? For some reason RipBot264 creates a temp folder on my C: and D: drive.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 03:11   #4958  |  Link
nekrosoft13

Atak_Snajpera

could you please allow an option to ignore JAVA, as far as i'm aware java is only needed for BDSup2Sub. Something that not everyone needs.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 03:18   #4959  |  Link
hbcsavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
Got the mkv from a trusted hd blog site.
Old 27th May 2009, 03:54   #4960  |  Link
hbcsavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
American site if that is what you mean.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360