Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 20th September 2005, 10:27   #581  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

well, I'm sorry, legal or not, I have always despised such format conversions and no tool of mine would ever support such a thing.. just like downsampling is out of the question for me. And obviously, somebody needs to share for you to be download Those that downsample will need to come to my brainwashing seminar.. I'll teach them not to downsample.
Old 20th September 2005, 10:39   #582  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

I will use -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) in besweet

bob0r slaps Doom9 with the board
Old 20th September 2005, 20:27   #583  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

a new release it out. there's your faac support...
Old 20th September 2005, 20:39   #584  |  Link
babaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
for the holy ghost!
this is fantastic - have to try it immediately
Old 20th September 2005, 23:35   #585  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Quote:
Great, now we can create complete PSP videos without extra tools.
Oh wait we can't, we can't upsample audio to 48000Khz

Next step replace NAAC with WAAC and we all happy! (N = Nero, W = Winamp)

(Nero = AACPLUS v1 (AAC+SBR))
(Winamp = AACPLUS v1/v2 (AAC+SBR+PS))
(Yes Nero can do ABR on AAC+SBR, but when the file size is so small and still sounds so well, who cares about ABR?)

mode: Support both Nero and Winamp, shall we start paypal for Doom9? The poor guy.
Old 21st September 2005, 15:07   #586  |  Link
max-holz

Is it possible to have a guide that explain step by step how to encode using MeGUI and x264, also creation of AviSynth script and .avs files?
I have used the search function but I didn't find something suitable like the GordianKnot guide.

P.S

I'am a novice in this ground, I have always used tools like AutoGK or XMpeg doing my videos, is it a problem?

Last edited by max-holz; 21st September 2005 at 15:12.
Old 21st September 2005, 16:39   #587  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@max-holz: tools - one click encoder and you don't really need a guide you just need to create an audio and a video profile
Old 21st September 2005, 18:31   #588  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Not gonna happen. But you can always edit the job xml files and put whatever you like into the commandline and have it executed.. there just won't be any gui support for that.

Quote:
Not gonna happen considering the lack of any non CBR mode. And PS is really pointless for DVD backups.
Old 21st September 2005, 19:55   #589  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
@max-holz: tools - one click encoder and you don't really need a guide you just need to create an audio and a video profile
I have tried with this script, MeGUI freeze and hang up:

LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\AutoGK\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\AutoGK\filters\autocrop.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\AutoGK\filters\RemoveGrainSSE3.dll")

movie = mpeg2source("C:\Scambio\Elaborazione Video\Hana\agk_tmp\Hana.d2v")
cropclip = autocrop(movie,mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples=8000,aspect=0,threshold=34,samplestartframe=1,leftadd=0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
fixed_aspect = 1.42222222222222
c_width = width(cropclip)
c_height = round(height(cropclip) / fixed_aspect)
input_par = float(c_width)/float(c_height)
input_par = (input_par > 1.4) || (input_par < 1.25) ? input_par : (4.0/3.0)
out_width = 704
out_height = round(float(out_width) / input_par)
hmod = out_height - (floor(out_height / 16 ) * 16)
out_height = (hmod > 4) ? (out_height + (16 - hmod)) : (out_height - hmod)
new_aspect = (float(out_width) / float(out_height)) / fixed_aspect
autocrop(movie,mode=0,wmultof=4,hmultof=4,samples=8000,aspect=new_aspect,threshold=34,samplestartframe=1,leftadd=0,rightadd=0,topadd=0,bottomadd=0)
LanczosResize(out_width,out_height)
RemoveGrain(mode=2)
SelectRangeEvery(300,15)
Old 21st September 2005, 20:00   #590  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

I swear one day we'll have a rule that if you claim a problem and don't provide reproduceability, you're going to get striked. It's not so much different from rule1..
Old 21st September 2005, 20:05   #591  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
I swear one day we'll have a rule that if you claim a problem and don't provide reproduceability, you're going to get striked. It's not so much different from rule1..
I said I'am a novice.....

there is no error, simply the application freeze
Old 21st September 2005, 20:27   #592  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

there's logs, jobs, etc.. it doesn't take a masters degree to post them. And if you say you're a novice, if your AviSynth script has more lines than you have fingers, something is really wrong.
Old 21st September 2005, 20:30   #593  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
there's logs, jobs, etc.. it doesn't take a masters degree to post them. And if you say you're a novice, if your AviSynth script has more lines than you have fingers, something is really wrong.
No log, simply the application freeze and CPU goes to 100% when I press the button Queue,

Last edited by max-holz; 21st September 2005 at 20:33.
Old 21st September 2005, 20:37   #594  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

geez.. can I reproduce that? Screw that godawful script.. take a simple three liner that loads the d2v, crops and resizes, then explain what you do starting with you double clicking on megui.exe. This is the basics of error reporting, I presume everybody knows that as everybody knows the basics of what do do when your car won't work (check batteries, gas, the real obvious things that even somebody without any flair for technology can handle).
I like to make sure that my app runs as good as it can and that everybody can use it.. but it's people like you who'll eventually make me stop caring altogether.. I have already provided countless of hours for the community, and I think it's not unreasonable to ask for as little as a proper report in return. Gosh, I feel like never come back again right now.
Old 21st September 2005, 20:45   #595  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
geez.. can I reproduce that? Screw that godawful script.. take a simple three liner that loads the d2v, crops and resizes, then explain what you do starting with you double clicking on megui.exe. This is the basics of error reporting, I presume everybody knows that as everybody knows the basics of what do do when your car won't work (check batteries, gas, the real obvious things that even somebody without any flair for technology can handle).
I like to make sure that my app runs as good as it can and that everybody can use it.. but it's people like you who'll eventually make me stop caring altogether.. I have already provided countless of hours for the community, and I think it's not unreasonable to ask for as little as a proper report in return. Gosh, I feel like never come back again right now.
With a simple script like this:

LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\AutoGK\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\Scambio\Elaborazione Video\Hana\agk_tmp\Hana.d2v")

the application works well, so I think there is something wrong in the script that I post above. As I said I'am not practice about AviSynth simply I run AutoGK and then I use his script.
Old 21st September 2005, 21:32   #596  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

ahh.. see, now we're already getting somewhere Was it that hard?
Code:
SelectRangeEvery(300,15)
looks like you picked a compressibility check script. Still, a complete description of what you're doing is still essential to narrow things down.. it very much matters what you are doing in MeGUI, every click can potentially matter. Even a simple "load avs, press queue" goes through hundreds of lines of code. You cannot know at which line it freezes, but if you flood me with details, I might be able to figure it out, and that in turn might lead to something else, etc. Just look at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=99909 for a good example on how the smallest of details can matter a lot, and how not properly investigating can lead to false conclusions.
Old 22nd September 2005, 08:43   #597  |  Link
max-holz

Quote:
ahh.. see, now we're already getting somewhere Was it that hard?
Code:
SelectRangeEvery(300,15)
looks like you picked a compressibility check script. Still, a complete description of what you're doing is still essential to narrow things down.. it very much matters what you are doing in MeGUI, every click can potentially matter. Even a simple "load avs, press queue" goes through hundreds of lines of code. You cannot know at which line it freezes, but if you flood me with details, I might be able to figure it out, and that in turn might lead to something else, etc. Just look at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=99909 for a good example on how the smallest of details can matter a lot, and how not properly investigating can lead to false conclusions.
I press the button to import the script and then ok, the application freeze at this moment. If you want you can use the script changing some few lines and test by yourself.

Last edited by max-holz; 22nd September 2005 at 08:45.
Old 22nd September 2005, 09:04   #598  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0r
Great, now we can create complete PSP videos without extra tools.

(Nero = AACPLUS v1 (AAC+SBR))
(Winamp = AACPLUS v1/v2 (AAC+SBR+PS))
(Yes Nero can do ABR on AAC+SBR, but when the file size is so small and still sounds so well, who cares about ABR?)

mode: Support both Nero and Winamp, shall we start paypal for Doom9? The poor guy.
And don't forget about reference AAC+2 encoder
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:22   #599  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
And don't forget about reference AAC+2 encoder
As I said, I won't support a gazillion AAC encoders. Plus, one thing to consider for your 5.1 attempts: there's only 2 ch channel coupling if you create 3 2ch streams and merge them together.. not quite ideal. And the reference encoder is cbr only as well and reference encoders aren't exactly known for speed.

Quote:
I press the button to import the script and then ok, the application freeze at this moment.
previously you said it froze when you pressed queue.. that's quite something different. Also, it matters if you have automatic script preview activated or not.
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:55   #600  |  Link
berrinam

@max-holz: If you want automated cropping and resizing, MeGUI can do that for you, without the hassle of copying the AutoGK script. As Doom9 said, the easiest thing to use if you want an AutoGK-like operating mode is the One Click Encoder which is part of MeGUI.
Closed Thread