Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th March 2014, 00:52   #1201  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

@kasper93

Earlier today I was able to reproduce the same issue as vomanci reported, with the "Auto-load subtitles" disabled yet the ISR continuing to load and render both internal and external subtitles. I had to go through steps 1-7 in my previous post to resolve it, and this isn't the first time I've run into this same issue.

Actually, I able to reproduce it again just now. Still unsure what the exact trigger is to cause it to remain active for internal subtitles when "Auto-load subtitles" is disabled, but it seems easy to trigger in regards to external subtitles only as described below.

Unrelated side note: MPC-HC's filter graph logic needs to be updated to take into account the new XySubFilterAutoLoader CLSID, and as of XySubFilter Beta2 there is no longer any need to block VSFilter when XySubFilter + madVR is used. JEEB has a commit here which could work for both needed changes. JEEB also opened a ticket about some MPC-BE functionality worth merging in to make behavior more user friendly when VSFilter.dll or XySubFilter.dll is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
You don't need to exit player to make this setting works, just reload media file
This doesn't work for files with external subtitles only.
  1. Enable "Auto-load subtitles"
  2. Start playing Video with external ASS subtitles with ISR
  3. Disable "Auto-load subtitles"
  4. Reload Video
  5. ISR remains active.
  6. Exit MPC-HC
  7. Start playing Video with external ASS subtitles only, and ISR still auto-loads the external subtitles even though "Auto-load subtitles" is disabled
  8. Start playing Video with internal ASS subtitles, and ISR is finally disabled.
  9. Go back and start playing Video with external ASS subtitles only, and ISR remains disabled.

1. Enable "Auto-load subtitles"
  2. Start playing Video with external ASS subtitles only with ISR in EVR-CP
  3. Disable "Auto-load subtitles"
  4. Switch Video Renderer to madVR
  5. Reload Video
  6. ISR remains active even though, "Auto-load subtitles" is disabled.
  7. Exit MPC-HC
  8. Start playing Video with external ASS subtitles only, and ISR still auto-loads the external subtitles even though "Auto-load subtitles" is disabled
  9. Start playing Video with internal ASS subtitles, and ISR is finally disabled.
  10. Go back and start playing Video with external ASS subtitles only, and ISR remains disabled.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 18th March 2014 at 01:10.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 01:54   #1202  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

@cyberbeing: Thanks, that was very helpful.

Could you test this build and see if there are remaining issues? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16282309/MPC-HC.1.7.3.111.x86_ISR_ENABLE.7z @vomanci you too

Quote:
JEEB also opened a ticket about some MPC-BE functionality worth merging in to make behavior more user friendly when VSFilter.dll or XySubFilter.dll is used.
I know, I will try to do something about it.

Last edited by kasper93; 18th March 2014 at 01:57.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 07:20   #1203  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Could you test this build and see if there are remaining issues?
Tested a few different scenarios and it seems okay now.
Old 18th March 2014, 08:26   #1204  |  Link
vomanci

Well, tested this build (and all steps cyberbeing recommended) and "subtitles" isn't greyed out but ISR doesn't draw (load) any subtitles. But now it shows in the list internal ones instead of external ones like it did before. But still now seems ok as there isn't any "Enable" setting available, so i guess ISR isn't loaded.
@kasper93 ISR just got loaded, didn't drag&drop anything.
vomanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 12:49   #1205  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomanci View Post
"subtitles" isn't greyed out...there isn't any "Enable" setting available, so i guess ISR isn't loaded.
Correct. When the ISR is disabled yet internal subtitles exist, the subtitle menu not being greyed yet missing "Options" "Styles" "Reload" and "Enable" settings is intended behavior in recent MPC-HC versions. Those settings will only show up in the context menu when the ISR is active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomanci View Post
@kasper93 ISR just got loaded, didn't drag&drop anything.
If you mean you're still having issues with ISR being loaded unexpectedly when the "Auto-load Subtitles" setting is disabled, you'll need to explain how to reproduce the issue.

In current MPC-HC versions, the ISR still will be loaded on demand if you use Drag'n'Drop, File->Load Subtitle, or Subtitle DB Download functionality. Changing this behavior to instead load subtitles into VSFilter.dll or XySubFIlter.dll when active and improve hotkey and menu support is what the feature request ticket here is about. Not yet implemented in MPC-HC.
Old 18th March 2014, 14:23   #1206  |  Link
vomanci

With the test build everything is OK.

There aren't any steps to reproduce this for me. In previous build ISR just got loaded automatically. No Drag'n'Drop, File->Load Subtitle, or Subtitle DB Download or hotkey. Weird.
vomanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 22:09   #1207  |  Link
Volfield

Possible bug. When i hit pause screen jumps few frames ahead. When unpause its go back and play normally. Tried last few nightly, win8, win7 and its still the same. Only EVR-CP has this problem. MPC-BE, PotPlayer works fine.

EDIT: last working build MPC-HC.1.7.3.64.x86

Last edited by Volfield; 18th March 2014 at 22:40.
Volfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 23:25   #1208  |  Link
NanoBot

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada View Post
You can already pop out the playlist before going to fullscreen, so at least you're still able to do that.
I'll keep this usage scenario in mind and find a good way to address it, thanks for the feedback.
We're actually looking to bring back the options dialog during D3DFullscreen playback for people who run a dual-screen setup.
I would like to ask if there is already a solution for this scenario and I eventually missed it ? Until now, the only solution for me is to stick with version 1.6.8, which is the latest stable version which works like I prefer it.
NanoBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 20:20   #1209  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
@kasper93

Earlier today I was able to reproduce the same issue as vomanci reported, with the "Auto-load subtitles" disabled yet the ISR continuing to load and render both internal and external subtitles. I had to go through steps 1-7 in my previous post to resolve it, and this isn't the first time I've run into this same issue.
I'm running Windows 7 pro 64 bit and using MPC-HC 1.7.3 stable. I spent the better part of a day using your steps to reproduce the problem without success. In all cases the autoload checkbox behaved as expected - with and without xyvsfilter installed.

I'm curious though - did you clear MPC-HC completely from your registry and set it up all ever again?
minaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 20:57   #1210  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

The issue can be reproduced in MPC-HC 1.7.3 stable when reset to default settings, if that's what you're asking.

kasper93 already reproduced and fixed the bug, so I don't know why you'd want to waste time on this any longer.
Old 21st March 2014, 23:46   #1211  |  Link
RandomQ

I have a totally random issue with MPC that is pretty inconvenient.
If I open a file occasionally a distorted and deafening noise starts and stops only if I close the player. What could it be and how do I check what's causing it?
This happens completely randomly and it's incredibly loud.

I mostly use MPC for watching anime and I'm using madVR + LAV filters.

Last edited by RandomQ; 21st March 2014 at 23:48.
RandomQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 09:49   #1212  |  Link
rock

I'd like to see a new way to change the logo, like toolbar with just simply put image into mpc-hc folder
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 01:16   #1213  |  Link
mindbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomQ View Post
I have a totally random issue with MPC that is pretty inconvenient.
If I open a file occasionally a distorted and deafening noise starts and stops only if I close the player. What could it be and how do I check what's causing it?
This happens completely randomly and it's incredibly loud.

I mostly use MPC for watching anime and I'm using madVR + LAV filters.
Oh wow, this happens to me sometimes too, but only on one of my computers. I use reclock as my audio renderer with wasapi exclusive mode, I assume it has something to do with that. I also switch between different audio devices on it.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 22:59   #1214  |  Link
jkauff

Had a problem today with latest nightly MPC-HC.1.7.3.147.x86. Every few minutes, video and audio would suddenly get out of sync by a few seconds. Exiting and restarting fixes the problem for a few more minutes. Filters all internal LAV; renderer latest madVR.

Problem does not occur with earlier builds or other players.

Last edited by jkauff; 24th March 2014 at 23:04.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 23:57   #1215  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

@jkauff: Please create a ticket http://trac.mpc-hc.org/ with explanation. what is happening, when, what was the last working build. But before that check if it happens both with subtitles and without.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 01:44   #1216  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
@jkauff: Please create a ticket http://trac.mpc-hc.org/ with explanation. what is happening, when, what was the last working build. But before that check if it happens both with subtitles and without.
Done. The 155 build does the same. The video playback speeds up and gets out of sync with the audio.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 04:34   #1217  |  Link
eddman

Is there a way to set the subtitles relative to the frame rather than the picture?

It would be useful while watching cinema aspect ratio movies (2.39/2.35:1) in full-screen, so that they won't obscure the picture and rather sit below it in the black space.
eddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 12:17   #1218  |  Link
slalom

Look at options for subtitles, you'll have to uncheck a box
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 17:09   #1219  |  Link
eddman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Look at options for subtitles, you'll have to uncheck a box
Thanks, but it's not working for my movies with PGS subs.
eddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 17:11   #1220  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

PGS subtitles define an absolute position on the screen, relative to the full 1080p signal from the Blu-ray they are coming from. Blame the Blu-ray creator for placing them inside the image.

Tags
dxva, media player classic, mpc, mpc-hc