Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2015, 09:49   #1041  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Hm. So, ultim's explanation of "prefetch" is wrong in this post?
Actually, yes that was a superficial explanation from me. More accurately, Prefetch(X) sets the number of prefetching threads, not the total number of threads.
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:05   #1042  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

AVS+ has a new caching architecture that is still being tuned and optimized, and many internal filters have also been rewritten from scratch. Currently, depending on your script, performance can be both above and below of AVS2.6, but in my observations the negative differences (where it's slower) are a lot smaller than the positive ones where AVS+ is faster. Using purely external filter, Avs-MT is still a bit faster ATM, but unlike AVS-MT, AVS+ is not bound by 2.6's implementation so it can be changed (and possibly optimized) over time to a larger extent. And of course it also has a lot of other improvements and functional additions.
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:50   #1043  |  Link
jones1913
random user

Just for the notes, it was not my intention to imply a weakness of AVS+.
I only shared my results with my setup, no more and no less.

Any further development is much appreciated and I am looking forward to the future of this project.
Old 24th March 2015, 20:25   #1044  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainik_svp View Post
yeah, and now it IS interesting thanks, I think now I should test the performance myself... (for the SVP usage )
Chainik, Have you had any luck with getting a number of SVP cores, ffdshow buffer ahead, and avisynth+ prefetch values, that outperforms avisynth MT. If so would you mind sharing. Id be interested in trying them as my current settings seem alot slower than avisynth MT. (15 for all 3 values)
Old 25th March 2015, 14:39   #1045  |  Link
raffriff42
Retried Guesser

Are you aware that this code:
Code:
return BlankClip(color=color_red)
does not work in Avisynth+ ("I don't know what 'color_red' means") because no shared function has been called (thus not loading colors_rgb.avsi)? I have a lot of 'legacy' code that requires certain auto-loaded global variables [eg plugins not auto-loaded)]. As a workaround I will add an Include("<full path>\_global.avsi") statement at the top of all my scripts.

(edit AviSynth+ 0.1 stable (r1576), 32-bit)

Last edited by raffriff42; 28th March 2015 at 13:55.
Old 29th March 2015, 14:08   #1046  |  Link
aegisofrime

Hi ultim!

Running the R1779 build I notice that I have been getting a few encoding jobs crashing due to a "STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION" (as reported in the log of MeGUI) which I never have had in the last stable build. Have you experienced any such crashes yourself?
Old 29th March 2015, 14:10   #1047  |  Link
colours

"Access violation" is a very generic descriptor and it'd help if you could post your full script as well as whether you're using 32-bit or 64-bit Avisynth+.
Old 29th March 2015, 14:36   #1048  |  Link
aegisofrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by colours View Post
"Access violation" is a very generic descriptor and it'd help if you could post your full script as well as whether you're using 32-bit or 64-bit Avisynth+.
Sure!

Here's my script:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGUI\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("K:\Working\Source.dgi",fieldop=0)
QTGMC(Preset="Very Slow")
The source is a 1080i video, so I guess this script is quite intensive to QTGMC.

I'm using 32-bit AVS+. I'm planning to move to 64-bit but I'm having trouble finding MeGUI 64-bit.
Old 8th April 2015, 22:06   #1049  |  Link
zerowalker

Would it be possible to port the Avisource from the latest 2.6 version (that has multi-track support) to Avisynth+ 64bit version?
Or well it's probably possible but more like, would it be a simple task, copy paste;P?
Old 20th April 2015, 04:01   #1050  |  Link
Evil_Burrito

zerowalker, I don't know how much effort it would take. But there is always a way with avisynth. Whether it be workarounds, actual coding, or a request, there is a way.

ultim, thank you for the clear and concise words (march 23).

Side note: I have been using avs+ since it was introduced on doom9 and now that we have avs+ x64 I have not had a reason to switch back to the main or mt branch.
Old 20th April 2015, 12:22   #1051  |  Link
aegisofrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Burrito View Post
zerowalker, I don't know how much effort it would take. But there is always a way with avisynth. Whether it be workarounds, actual coding, or a request, there is a way.

ultim, thank you for the clear and concise words (march 23).

Side note: I have been using avs+ since it was introduced on doom9 and now that we have avs+ x64 I have not had a reason to switch back to the main or mt branch.
Agreed, AVS+ 64 is working quite well, but hopefully development hasn't died down again
Old 20th April 2015, 13:20   #1052  |  Link
innocenat

Do note that Avs+ has single codebase for 32bit and 64bit, unlike original Avisynth. This is the aim from start, hence tremendous rewriting. So main branch and mt branch also apply to Avs+ 64bit. And any development done to Avs+ will benefit both 32bit and 64bit version.
Old 20th April 2015, 13:23   #1053  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

The big problem is that there are no (up-to-date) 64-bit versions of some plugins, MVTools2 for example.
Old 20th April 2015, 13:50   #1054  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
The big problem is that there are no (up-to-date) 64-bit versions of some plugins, MVTools2 for example.
Actually there is: mvtools_2.6.0.5_x64.zip

There's also a 64-bit up-to-date dfttest and aWarpSharp2 amongst other useful plugins. QTGMC() is possible and does work well .

The plan is to ship these plugins with the next stable release of AviSynth+. I'm not sure when that will be though.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 20th April 2015 at 13:57. Reason: typo
Old 20th April 2015, 13:56   #1055  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Hey, that's very good news Here's hoping that we'll get AVS+ to a stable level at some point..
Old 20th April 2015, 14:32   #1056  |  Link
aegisofrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Actually there is: mvtools_2.6.0.5_x64.zip

There's also a 64-bit up-to-date dfttest and aWarpSharp2 amongst other useful plugins. QTGMC() is possible and does work well .

The plan is to ship these plugins with the next stable release of AviSynth+. I'm not sure when that will be though.
Thanks for that link! The most recent version of MVTools 64 that I could find was 2.5 by JoshyD. Thanks to you I now have a newer version

It would be great if there was a one-stop location that consolidates the latest and greatest version of all these plugins. I actually used the Avisynth Wiki to look for these plugins, but seeing as the page for MVTools2 lists v2.5.11.3 as the latest perhaps it's not updated that often.

Last edited by aegisofrime; 20th April 2015 at 14:36.
Old 20th April 2015, 15:29   #1057  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
Would it be possible to port the Avisource from the latest 2.6 version (that has multi-track support) to Avisynth+ 64bit version?
Or well it's probably possible but more like, would it be a simple task, copy paste;P?
You could also read the last few pages of the thread, which I can tell you haven't done, because you're asking for something that was done an entire month before you posted this and was stated very clearly more than once.

But once more for posterity:
Builds from r1718 onward contain all the relevant changes from 2.6 RC1. A significant part of the gap between ~1698 and 1718 are those migrated RC1 commits.
Old 20th April 2015, 15:36   #1058  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Thanks for that link! The most recent version of MVTools 64 that I could find was 2.5 by JoshyD. Thanks to you I now have a newer version

It would be great if there was a one-stop location that consolidates the latest and greatest version of all these plugins. I actually used the Avisynth Wiki to look for these plugins, but seeing as the page for MVTools2 lists v2.5.11.3 as the latest perhaps it's not updated that often.
I know it's not exactly the same thing, but I honestly think that having a master plugins repository on Github for hierarchical plugin builds would be a valuable addition.

What I mean is, have all the AviSynth(+) plugins that have their source hosted in separate git repos, but have a centralized repo on github.com/AviSynth that has these individual plugins added as git submodules so they can be pulled in and built all at once with a master buildsystem (probably CMake, all things considered). The only thing actually required for this is that the plugins use git as their DVCS, not a specific hosting service - Github would be the obvious one, but it'd also work for plugins hosted on Sourceforge (if they use Sourceforge's git side), bitbucket, Github, personal repos, etc.

That's mostly to make it easy for those of us on the building and distribution side, but some types of plugin managers could have the ability to track and build updated versions when needed (from the centralized repo or not), so if one ever comes to fruition, end users could benefit from it being organized like that also.

Last edited by qyot27; 20th April 2015 at 15:41.
Old 22nd April 2015, 08:26   #1059  |  Link
stax76

I started to work on 64-bit StaxRip. Is there a documentation or sample code on the script language extensions? For some languages like Chinese or Russian Unicode support is important, right? Is there a way to open source files with Unicode in the file name?

Last edited by stax76; 22nd April 2015 at 08:37.
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:12   #1060  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
For some languages like Chinese or Russian Unicode support is important, right? Is there a way to open source files with Unicode in the file name?
First of all, NTFS stores all file names in Unicode.

Usually you'll have to set your system locale to the language from which the characters in the file name originate in order to open the file with the standard file open functions.
I can run scripts (through AVSMeter for example) with these names without problem:
ja フリー百科事典.avs (locale set to Japanese)
ru Примечание.avs (locale set to Russian)
tc 分析代碼.avs (locale set to Chinese-Taiwan)

FYI - AVSPMod can open scripts with file names of any language. Very neat feature.