Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 11th August 2012, 12:04   #20041  |  Link
ryrynz

If your talking the MPC-BE project at sourceforge it's a fork of MPC-HC currently in beta and only for selected beta testers, it's unknown if any of that code will ever make it into MPC-HC.

If your talking the old MPC-BE, some of it was already integrated into MPC-HC. Bobdynlan created a branch to refine and improve the UI to eventually be merged into MPC-HC.
When that will merge I don't know, he's been inactive for awhile now after creating the branch with no progress shown to date.

Last edited by ryrynz; 11th August 2012 at 14:59.
Old 11th August 2012, 18:58   #20042  |  Link
jffulcrum

v0lt

Quote:
This rule is constant, it will not be optional.
But we already have 'Disable DXVA for SD' flag for H.264, why not to have the same for WMV3? I have some library of WMV3 videos and with 4992 all of them played normal in DXVA mode, even 2007 dated ones.

Quote:
MPC-HC v5323
According to already given link https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc/commit/ad48e5edf7eb5674f888a51f53bd3e866ce93fc1 the 5323 commit was cancelled.
Old 11th August 2012, 19:08   #20043  |  Link
bozek

Well, no offense but I really don't care about the UI. The things that I do appreciate about the BE still haven't found their way in the 'standard' version. I'm talking about the ability to force 0-255 output or icons by filetype.

The BE mod is dead and the MPC-BE seems to have died before it was even born and if not, I don't really see the point for all the secretiveness. After all, it's supposed to be a GPL software...
Old 11th August 2012, 21:56   #20044  |  Link
r4in

Just a quick question: why is there still not implemented feature to play files that are being downloaded? Every other major players now support it. Honestly, who the hell cares about GUI, but this feature is a must. MPC used be my player of choice, but because of this, I am forced to use PotPlayer.

Thank you. Once it's implemented, you can count on me with donation.
Old 12th August 2012, 04:10   #20045  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jffulcrum View Post
But we already have 'Disable DXVA for SD' flag for H.264, why not to have the same for WMV3?
This is a bad idea.

Quote:
According to already given link https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc/commit/ad48e5edf7eb5674f888a51f53bd3e866ce93fc1 the 5323 commit was cancelled.
Excuse me. I mixed up the сhangeset number.
Changeset 5347
Changeset 5349
Old 12th August 2012, 07:54   #20046  |  Link
roytam1
Firefox User

TC/JA translations updated, please check them out!
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/1644
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/1647
Old 12th August 2012, 09:24   #20047  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
Unless you can append MPC-HC's build number on Github (1.6.3.5757 (8701ded349) for instance would be a lot better), I would very much welcome that.
I know that the hash is in the About dialog right? But I will probably do that when I find some times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozek View Post
I'm talking about the ability to force 0-255 output or icons by filetype.
Isn't View > Renderer Settings > Output range > 0-255 what you are looking for?
As for the icons, I'm not sure I understand correctly but currently the icons are different for each extension. If it's not what you want but you have icons you love, it's pretty easy to build a custom icon lib.
Old 12th August 2012, 14:14   #20048  |  Link
Obveron

I wonder if it would be possible to accurately duplicate the OSD and right-click menus across the screen in situations when we put our 3DTVs into top-bottom/side-by-side. Obviously we'd have to manually select an option that tells MPC-HC we're putting our TV into a 3D mode, but it would allow us to control playback in 3D without the OSD being all messed up.
Old 12th August 2012, 20:52   #20049  |  Link
Reino

@ Underground78: I know about the About-dialog, but this is before downloading. At Github you can only see the hash-code and at XhmikosR's website (which appears to be offline atm ) only the build-code. If Github would show both, you would actually know what kind of MPC-HC build you're downloading.
Old 12th August 2012, 21:02   #20050  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
(which appears to be offline atm )
Seems online to me, and since i'm hosting it, i think i would notice.
Old 12th August 2012, 21:16   #20051  |  Link
Reino

We're talking about http://xhmikosr.1f0.de, aren't we?
Old 12th August 2012, 21:37   #20052  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
We're talking about http://xhmikosr.1f0.de, aren't we?
Indeed we are.
Old 12th August 2012, 22:05   #20053  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
@ Underground78: I know about the About-dialog, but this is before downloading. At Github you can only see the hash-code and at XhmikosR's website (which appears to be offline atm ) only the build-code. If Github would show both, you would actually know what kind of MPC-HC build you're downloading.
XhmikosR can probably put the hash in the filename of the nightlies.

PS: It also works for me.
Old 12th August 2012, 22:09   #20054  |  Link
Reino

Well, call me crazy, but all I see is a white screen with h5ai 0.22-dev-9 at the bottom.
Old 12th August 2012, 22:11   #20055  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Well, call me crazy, but all I see is a white screen with h5ai 0.22-dev-9 at the bottom.
Sounds like he updated to some broken version of that directory index script. I let him know.
Old 12th August 2012, 23:02   #20056  |  Link
HoP

Quote:
it works.you need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser
http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/mpc-hc/
Old 13th August 2012, 00:16   #20057  |  Link
ryrynz

I had an Adblock Plus issue like that a week or so ago, I disabled it on that site and that fixed it.
Old 13th August 2012, 04:51   #20058  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

pls put mpc-hc sourcecode to code.google.com some chinese user can not visit and download sourcecode form github! thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 13:22   #20059  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaking View Post
pls put mpc-hc sourcecode to code.google.com some chinese user can not visit and download sourcecode form github! thanks
And there are some Chinese who can't access Google Code (see: xy-vsfilter's developer).

Anyways, anyone is free to clone the git repository and push it wherever they want to mirror it. Every clone of a git repository is equal. That's the magic of distributed systems (just remember to grab all branches if you want them).

That said, if vBm or someone wants to set it up, mirroring to the official Google Code project should be possible (a simple script to check for new content and pushing it to the mirrors run every X minutes).
Old 15th August 2012, 05:05   #20060  |  Link
Tom Keller

I have a strange problem with the MPC-HC since build 1.6.3.5803:

I'm using WinXP SP3, running on a Core2Duo E6600 @2,4Ghz with an Asus Xonar DX soundcard and a NVIDIA 9600GT GPU (forceware driver 275.27) with a dual monitor setup. The "Fullscreen monitor" option in MPC-HC is set to "DISPLAY 2" (= the tv) while the player app runs all the time on the first display. So the playback controls are on the monitor and the video is on the tv, mostly using madVR with the "D3D fullscreen" option.
Till 1.6.3.5783 it was possible to open the MPC-HC options dialog (via "O" key or "View" => "Options") while playback was running - but since 1.6.3.5803 the dialog won't open. The dialog opens, while playing a file in window mode or playing no file at all - but the options dialog won't show with ANY video renderer (VMR/EVR/madVR) while playing a video using "D3D fullscreen" on display 2, with the player app on display 1. Even if i pause or stop the fullscreen-playback the dialog won't open... i always have to close and restart MPC-HC to change its options.

Is this a bug or is it on purpose ( <= maybe a stupid question... but you'll never know if some changes requested a specific behaviour )?
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc