Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 31st March 2004, 02:26   #541  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by Stive
Grrrrrrrr......I have finished the ifoedit and burned the dvd, but still have the studder at chapter points. Any suggestions?
What DVD is it (if you've told me please forgive me -- you only remember your problem, I have to remember them all)? I've burned a sh*t-load (that's a standard engineering unit of measurement) and haven't gotten a stutter yet.
Old 31st March 2004, 02:37   #542  |  Link
KungFuCow

I just finished encoding one and since Ive had problems on my players with stuttering as well, Ill burn it real quick and test it out.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 02:39   #543  |  Link
nwg

It looks like i can't use 027.

I am going to have to go back to 026 as I keep getting runtime error 6 messages during build.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 03:04   #544  |  Link
Stive
DVD-RB Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jdobbs
What DVD is it (if you've told me please forgive me -- you only remember your problem, I have to remember them all)? I've burned a sh*t-load (that's a standard engineering unit of measurement) and haven't gotten a stutter yet.
It was Lord of the Rings 2.
Stive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 03:06   #545  |  Link
chadp1a

@jdobbs

After two failed attempts during the rebuild stage using biuld .27, I decided to overwrite just the rebuilder exe with build .26 and everything went perfect. No more of the overflow error while using build .26

using....

CCE 2.67 trial
OS WinXP
chadp1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 03:11   #546  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by chadp1a
@jdobbs

After two failed attempts during the rebuild stage using biuld .27, I decided to overwrite just the rebuilder exe with build .26 and everything went perfect. No more of the overflow error while using build .26

using....

CCE 2.67 trial
OS WinXP
Just a warning. This doesn't mean there isn't still a problem, it only means it isn't showing... When working on .27 I found that I had left in some test code in .26 that would continue to write to disc past the end of what was listed as the end of a GOP in the final GOP of a chapter -- but the sector number wasn't being updated. If you use .26 successfully and this error happens in .27 I can guarantee you have inaccurate pointers on the DVD.
Old 31st March 2004, 03:11   #547  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
chadp1a wrote,
I am experiencing the same as well.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 03:14   #548  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by nwg
I am experiencing the same as well.
See my answer to chadp1a.
Old 31st March 2004, 03:19   #549  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
It was Lord of the Rings 2.
Now that is a REAL coincidence... I have that one on my hard drive right now. Is it NTSC? CCE, ReJig, or QuEnc?
Old 31st March 2004, 03:19   #550  |  Link
chadp1a

Quote:
Just a warning. This doesn't mean there isn't still a problem, it only means it isn't showing... When working on .27 I found that I had left in some test code in .26 that would continue to write to disc past the end of what was listed as the end of a GOP in the final GOP of a chapter -- but the sector number wasn't being updated. If you use .26 successfully and this error happens in .27 I can guarantee you have inaccurate pointers on the DVD.
is there any other info i can provide to you that may help with isolating this overflow error?
chadp1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 03:39   #551  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally posted by chadp1a
is there any other info i can provide to you that may help with isolating this overflow error?
Not really. I already know where it's happening. It's the why that's driving me nuts.
Old 31st March 2004, 03:57   #552  |  Link
Stive
DVD-RB Fan

Quote:
Now that is a REAL coincidence... I have that one on my hard drive right now. Is it NTSC? CCE, ReJig, or QuEnc?
It is NTSC and using CCE2.50 with 1.7ecl.
Old 31st March 2004, 04:00   #553  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
It is NTSC and using CCE2.50 with 1.7ecl.
It's running with CCE2.50 and ECL 1.7b as I type.
Old 31st March 2004, 04:04   #554  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

@jdobbs

I have sort of an interesting workaround for some problem DVDs I had. Keep in mind that I tried this with ones that don't have multi-angles or interleaving. Anyways, I have been frustrated by getting alot of run-time errors, especially #6, afer processing freshly ripped DVDs through DVD-RB. I had a theory that probably the VOBs were messed up so instead of mock-stripping each titleset, I used DVD-Shrink to process the whole DVD at a custom ratio of 99.8%. I just click on root menu in tree-view and set it. I figure with little compression, DVD Shrink would apply minor corrections and at the same time, keeping my quality close to original.

I then processed my DVD-Shrink files through DVD-RB as usual and to my surprise, it completed to end with no errors. I have a higher success rate doing it this way even though it does add to backup time. Hmmmm...

Another observation I have encountered is that I did one DVD that had motion Title menus (not in menu VOBs but movie VOBs), and when DVD-RB had successfully processed it, my menu buttons are non-existent. Don't know if this has been brought up before but I think DVD-RB can't process these types of VOBs with buttons in them.
Update: Since I had enough room, I replaced my cell that supposed to have buttons in them with my original one using a registered MenuEdit.

If anyone would care to try this method out, let me know if it works or not. Ultimately, at the end, it would be all fixed but for the meantime if you're frustrated with numerous failed attempts with that one problematic DVD...

Last edited by 2COOL; 31st March 2004 at 21:09.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 04:12   #555  |  Link
Stive
DVD-RB Fan

Quote:
It's running with CCE2.50 and ECL 1.7b as I type.
I ran DVDRB.26 with default settings except, one-click, 4 pass, english, remove dts, dynamic, and suppress warnings. CCE2.50 was default (don't know if I did make changes that they would stay). Used DVDDecrypter321(?). Oh yes, I used the "dg" file in the plugins and had the box ticked in DVDRB.

Last edited by Stive; 31st March 2004 at 04:16.
Old 31st March 2004, 06:05   #556  |  Link
KungFuCow

After testing "Dude, Where's My Car" R1 on my Liteon and Xbox DVD players, Im not seeing any sort of pixelation, stuttering, etc on chapter changes using .27.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 06:30   #557  |  Link
loosenut

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
....I have a higher success rate doing it this way even though it does add to backup time. Hmmmm...
[/B]
Do you mean the workaround doesn't work in all cases?
I'm in R2 country, and subs are a plenty here, so a pass through Shrink beforehand to get rid of them is sometimes mandatory.

And on a subject (tiny bug) that existed in Shrink in the old days: IFOS don't get updated for removed audio streams, so it has to be done manually.(Footnote on the To-Do list?)
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 06:53   #558  |  Link
Axlemar

What causes the overflow error 6 problems? I notice that phase 3 (rebuild) can use anywhere from 200 to 800 megs of memory on my 1 gig machine. Would overflow most likely be caused from memory management problems with the rebuilder or from the encoding process doing something wrong?
Axlemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2004, 07:44   #559  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by loosenut
Do you mean the workaround doesn't work in all cases?
I sort of have to say that as a disclaimer because I don't have a stash of different DVDs for full testing. Even high use programs like DVD Shrink, Instantcopy, CloneDVD, DVD2One, etc... are not perfect and you will have to expect to have some problems with specific DVDs. That's why I put out a request for anyone to give it try for further testing. Also, DVD-RB is still in beta stage.
Old 31st March 2004, 07:48   #560  |  Link
RB
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Trahald
top_cat.. this happened to me with 2.67 what the problem i found out to be was i had it set to 2.67 BASIC when i did the PREPARE step. when i changed it to the cce setting to cce 2.66+ it didnt help, but that was because the ecl files were already written for 2.67 basic. all i had to do was make sure 2.66+ was checked and redo the PREPARE step (also make sure add audio and converttoyuy2 is checked in avs options) and it worked fine after that
Well spotted, thanks a bunch, Trahald! I was really pulling my hair out about this one. I should probably put a sanity check on the ECL into EclCCE.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote