Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th February 2009, 09:54   #201  |  Link
turbojet

Would it be possible to bring back the option to not find BOV's when a dvd is opened?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:43   #202  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

No, sorry. PgcEdit v9 needs the BOV information. But it can now save the buttons (and BOVs) information on your hard disc, and therefore it needs to scan the BOVs only once (and again if you modify the VOBs with an external tool.)

If you are really sure that a DVD has no BOVs, you can click the "Assume No BOVs" button when PgcEdit is scanning the VOBs. It will not try again.

You can also set it to scan every 30 VOBUs (the slider at its maximum value), and tick the "Deep scan" and "Check for multiple sets" options. With those values, the scanning is very fast. I use that config all the time, and I have never missed any BOV.

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th February 2009 at 11:47.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 17:22   #203  |  Link
turbojet

Thanks for the tip it's pretty much instant now. Will this still find BOV's in very short pgc's that are basically menus like disney fast play or cbs main menu/previews menus?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 19:53   #204  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes. The principle of the "scan every N VOBUs" is this: PgcEdit checks ALWAYS the first and last nav packs in each cell, plus a pack every N packs in animated cells. And if it finds one BOV in a domain and Deep Scan is enabled, it rescans every nav packs in the domain, to be sure to find all BOVs. (It's why the scanning of VOB files containing BOVs is still slow.) Therefore, with those options, PgcEdit will probably never miss any BOV, except perhaps when a domain has only one or two BOVs appearing during a very short moment in the middle of a cell, and PgcEdit is unlucky enough to just skip that part of the cells. There are very few chances for this to happen!

Note also that usually, all standard menu cells (including when the menus are authored as BOVs in a title domain), are beginning and/or ending by a nav pack with buttons. Therefore, the only case where PgcEdit could still miss a BOV is if there is a short BOV alone in the middle of a movie, for example to jump to an hidden bonus. And even in this case, there are many chances that the cells ends just after the BOV (as this is necessary to resume the movie at the right location after having played the bonus) and therefore PgcEdit should not miss it.

Don't worry! As I said, I have never missed any BOV, and I use always those settings.
Old 10th March 2009, 14:34   #205  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

How to turn-on Subtitle track

I made a backup of my "Dances with Wolves" DVD (interestingly the DVD was skipping on my players, and wouldn't read from my DVD-ROM drive in my PC but my BD-ROM drive was able to read it, so I could make a backup) but in testing-before-burning I note that one PC player shows the Subtitle 1 track (with American Indian translations to Eng sts) but the other does not.

How do I go about making sure that the VIDEO_TS I made is set to turn-on the subtitle on playback?

It's actually Sub-picture 0, currently set as 0 2 0 0 if that helps.

Last edited by laserfan; 10th March 2009 at 14:37.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 14:39   #206  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

There may be 2 tracks on that DVD - one for subtitles for the whole movie and the other just for "Indian speak". Usually, the startup will set the latter track on. If there's only one track, ensure that somewhere just before the movie starts, you enter a SetSTN Subpicture track 0, on command. See 2COOLs' sticky.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 19:27   #207  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
See 2COOLs' sticky.
Oh, my, IfoEdit, thank you Les!

I had Googled this and was directed to some non-existent websites (or I have DNS problems) then I searched this thread. But I forgot all 2cool's stuff was stickied here. The sticky procedure worked!

Sorry r0lZ--it's just that I always think of PgcEdit first when needing some edit function!
Old 10th March 2009, 23:36   #208  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Of course, using PgcEdit is simpler, due to its command editor, its overall view of the structure and its trace function. This is the guide I was referring to.

http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/p...lt_pgcedit.htm

Regards

Old 11th March 2009, 00:59   #209  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach View Post
Of course, using PgcEdit is simpler
NOW he tells me! What the heck is videohelp.com anyway!
Old 11th March 2009, 07:10   #210  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

It's where r0lZ's files are uploaded to.

Regards

Old 11th March 2009, 14:54   #211  |  Link
mikenadia

From rOlZ:
Quote:
So, even if you are sure that a PGC is really uncalled, it is not safe to delete it manually (unless it is at the end of the LU.)
This quote was referring to a DVD with MBS. Now, in the case of a DVD with no MBS but several LU with different commands, the uncalled PGC in the LU are not removed automatically (as indicated per message).
I do not want to delete the additionnal LU. Can I still delete, if uncalled, the last PGC in each LU? And what about the others?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by blutach; 12th March 2009 at 08:57.
mikenadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 17:06   #212  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

If you are sure they are uncalled, yes, you can manually delete them. You should delete the uncalled PGCs in the middle of the LU only if they are uncalled in all LUs.
Old 28th May 2009, 02:56   #213  |  Link
aslaksen

Can't get Preview to work under Windows Vista

Hi, I love PgcEdit, but I can't get Preview to work under Windows Vista. The preview window opens, I can turn the audio on, I can do bitmap dumps, but I don't get a picture. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
aslaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 05:37   #214  |  Link
M_Knox
Custom user

Use the Search, Luke!
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...77#post1250477
Old 28th May 2009, 06:46   #215  |  Link
aslaksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Knox View Post
Use the Search, Luke!
Sorry, I had actually done a search on pgcedit preview vista, but I had left the default of "Show Threads", which is not very useful given that the pgcedit forum is one long thread. I now tried it with "Show posts" and immediately found everything.

It solved my problem!

Thanks!
aslaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 04:06   #216  |  Link
selyb

Request: When I kill playback of a menu, check to see if it is uncalled and if not then don't ask to choose a button to automate

I love the way PgcEdit handles all this but it happens very often for me that I bypass the Parental setting, then when I kill the playback of the pgc, I have to choose a button which is kind of pointless by then
selyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 10:30   #217  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I agree, but searching for uncalled PGCs is a long process (especially with DVDs with lot of PGCs and many commands), and it might become a nightmare for the user if PgcEdit has to rescan it every time he kills a PGC with button. Furthermore, you can do a Delete Uncalled PGCs to remove it. There is no need to kill it before. And anyway, if you know that a PGC is uncalled, the button you select doesn't matter, and you can accept the PgcEdit default selection. Not too much clicks IMO.
Old 14th June 2009, 01:12   #218  |  Link
selyb

I understand
selyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 00:49   #219  |  Link
edwood

Help Documentation Box

I have version 9.2 (English Version) installed. When I click on the help button and select Documentation, I get the following message in the right help window:

"Navigation to the webpage was canceled"

What you can try:
Retype the address.

What do I need to do to be able to access the Documentation file shipped with PgcEdit 9.2?

Thanks for your help.

Ed
edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 01:17   #220  |  Link
mikenadia

Working here. You should probably just reinstall PGCEdit. You are missing (or it is not at the right place) an HTML file.
mikenadia is offline   Reply With Quote