Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd March 2008, 19:12   #1  |  Link
S3Ri0US

Encoding/Joining Splittet m2ts Movie ?

Hi There.. Short question: how i can encode a BD ( m2ts ) Movie that is Splittet in to 3 m2ts Files ? Can i use the Old DOS "Copy" Command to Join the Files first ? or exists a Commandline tool that do it for me ?

Thanks a lot.
S3Ri0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:36   #2  |  Link
nm

Use AviSynth and DGAVCDec
nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:10   #3  |  Link
S3Ri0US

And... whats about the Audio ?
Old 24th March 2008, 12:19   #4  |  Link
bond

moved to where it belongs

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 14:17   #5  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3Ri0US View Post
Hi There.. Short question: how i can encode a BD ( m2ts ) Movie that is Splittet in to 3 m2ts Files ? Can i use the Old DOS "Copy" Command to Join the Files first ? or exists a Commandline tool that do it for me ?
Yes, you can join them with DOS copy /b.

Then you can decode with DGAVCDec if you like. The handling of the audio is described in the Quick Start guide that comes with it.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:07   #6  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

One problem with the simple file joining approach is that audio sync may get gradually lost if the movie contains a lot of m2ts parts. I'm not sure yet what exactly causes this. It might be that audio is often slightly longer than the video. Or it might be that video should be overlapping a bit while audio should not. Something of that sort. Might also depend on the movie. If a full m2ts is just splitted into several pieces there's usually no big problem, I believe. But those seamless branching titles can be troublesome...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:28   #7  |  Link
S3Ri0US

I have tryed to join the Files with the Copy Command.. but.. the Movie now play only 30 Minutes.. that is the Duration of the last m2ts File il Copyed...
Old 26th March 2008, 15:32   #8  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Do you want to keep it in m2ts format? In that case run TsRemuxer over that joined m2ts file. That should fix the problem. TsRemuxer will remove the "end of sequence" markers and rewrite the timestamps.
Old 27th March 2008, 08:07   #9  |  Link
Encoder888

@madshi

I've been trying to figure out the audio sync problem and I haven't made any progress - do you know how it could be dealt with ?? I've tried everything. I'm stuck trying to concatenate Enchanted's m2ts without incurring audio delay, and I'm sure I'll have the same problem with other seamless branching titles... It just seems that at this point in time there isn't really a program that can concatenate m2ts AND take care of the overlaps/gaps, etc. that cause that audio to gradually get out of sync... Or at least I haven't found one.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I use TSMuxer (even the latest version, which is supposed to deal with audio delay) either by itself, or with a combination with TSSplitter and/or TSRemux, I get audio delay. When I use TSSplitter + TSRemux combination, then the audio seems to be in sync in the resulting m2ts, but then when I try to encode it with AutoMKV, there's the audio delay again. I also think that the source of this has something to do with the fact that the demuxed audio is 1-2 seconds longer than the video, no matter which program I demux it with (I've tried TSMuxer, dgAVCDec, tried converting it back and forth with eac3to...) I don't know if it's some sort of internal BD protection or what... But then I see that other people have encoded Enchanted successfully, so there must be a way. I've been stuck on this for a week now and I'll appreciate any help / advice you can give me

Last edited by Encoder888; 27th March 2008 at 08:20.
Encoder888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 09:43   #10  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@Encoder888, I've not really looked into this problem yet. But I can say that eac3to is probably going to take care of this problem sooner or later. Don't ask me for a specific date, though.