Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 3rd April 2008, 09:38   #41  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3r1c View Post
Because the backup file is a backup, not an alternate version.
Its so if the disc is damage and the player cant read the main file it will try to read the backup.

The "backup" folder is not a anydvd invention to backup the original, the backup folder is part of the blu-ray specification, they are supposed to be the same.
Why need a BACKUP copy on your backup disc? If that one gets damaged, you still have the original - .... or don't you?

Seriously: the real main use of AnyDVD HD is (at least that's my observation) to actually allow people to play their discs on an HTPC (whether or not the region code matches or the hardware is or is not HDCP compliant).
So the backup folders really don't make much sense.

If the differing backup folder ever becomes an issue, rest assured, the following update of AnyDVD will act accordingly
Old 3rd April 2008, 09:41   #42  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoof View Post
Updated the program yet again: just changed the text in one of the message boxes.
Hi SuperGoof,

just to let you know: now that BD+ is done, I finally found the time to fix our BD-J RC removal, that failed with some recent discs.

The next release (or beta) will do it.
You may want to check whether there are any side effects if a users happens to (for some reason) use both AnyDVD and your tool.
Your approach is a totally different one, so I'm not sure...
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:04   #43  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer van Heuen View Post
Hi SuperGoof,

just to let you know: now that BD+ is done, I finally found the time to fix our BD-J RC removal, that failed with some recent discs.

The next release (or beta) will do it.
You may want to check whether there are any side effects if a users happens to (for some reason) use both AnyDVD and your tool.
Your approach is a totally different one, so I'm not sure...
Hi Peer,

So you actually spent some time analyzing how my program works? That's cool!

I was thinking about the possibility that some people might run "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" on titles which were already modified by AnyDVD. I will definitely test it when new version of AnyDVD with better support of BD-J region code is available. As it comes to modifications to .class files, I'm pretty confident in the .class file parser I wrote. It modifies the code very carefully, recalculates offsets in all control transfer operations, in tableswitch and lookupswitch operations and in exception tables, and recalculates number of zero bytes in tableswitch and lookupswitch. I'm less confident in the way I treat the content of META-INF folder in .jar files, and I don't touch CERTIFICATES folder at all. May be that's why there are some problems with "Independence Day" (UK).

But in general, as you probably saw, I target the very root functions of BD-J region code check, so I hope if new version of AnyDVD still misses some titles, my program will finish the job.

Last edited by SuperGoof; 3rd April 2008 at 12:06.
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 17:55   #44  |  Link
SuperGoof

Version 2.3 is released. Added support for removing of Prohibited User Operations (PUOs) from Blu-ray titles.
Old 5th April 2008, 23:54   #45  |  Link
nevragain

all I have to say is thanks so much and is Prohibited User Operations the term in the blu-ray spec?
nevragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 00:51   #46  |  Link
A Pal

A suggestion: Why not join the Region Code Remover and the Ripper to ONE program?
A Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 09:50   #47  |  Link
SuperGoof

Version 2.4 is released. Please see the Change Log for details.

Regards,

Last edited by SuperGoof; 6th May 2008 at 11:17.
Old 28th September 2008, 08:33   #48  |  Link
GEoMaNTiK

I tried to Remove Region Coding from Step Into Liquid which I purchased from the States and it doesn't work.

I used BR RCR v2.4 and selected Region A to remove, then tried playing with AnyDVD enabled using ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater and it came up with the same Incorrect Region Message on playing.

Any suggestions??? btw I'm in Australia with a Region B PS3 which is ultimately what I want to play it on, but I'm not going to burn it out to a BD-R until I'm sure the coding has been removed.
I can handle some DVD-R coasters, but at $16 a pop for BD-R - no thanks!!!
GEoMaNTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 09:39   #49  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEoMaNTiK View Post
I tried to Remove Region Coding from Step Into Liquid which I purchased from the States and it doesn't work.

I used BR RCR v2.4 and selected Region A to remove, then tried playing with AnyDVD enabled using ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater and it came up with the same Incorrect Region Message on playing.

Any suggestions??? btw I'm in Australia with a Region B PS3 which is ultimately what I want to play it on, but I'm not going to burn it out to a BD-R until I'm sure the coding has been removed.
I can handle some DVD-R coasters, but at $16 a pop for BD-R - no thanks!!!
AnyDVD HD is going to have a fix for this type of region coding soon, no worries, mate
Old 28th September 2008, 10:59   #50  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
AnyDVD HD is going to have a fix for this type of region coding soon, no worries, mate
Interesting... I thought we (this program and AnyDVD) have already covered all possible Blu-ray region coding. Is this some new type of region coding or a modification of two known types? And even though AnyDVD will soon support it, I'm going to buy the disc to investigate it, too. Are there other discs, except "Step Into Liquid", which have it?
Old 28th September 2008, 13:09   #51  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Can you please use "Create Logfile" button to create a logfile and either post it here or send me by email (use the "email" button provided in the program). This could possibly speed up the process of investigaton. Thanks!
Old 29th September 2008, 09:16   #52  |  Link
GEoMaNTiK

Quote:
Can you please use "Create Logfile" button to create a logfile and either post it here or send me by email (use the "email" button provided in the program). This could possibly speed up the process of investigaton. Thanks!
No probs man, here you go.

Last edited by Guest; 2nd October 2008 at 16:34.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:25   #53  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
I actually meant logfile created with "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" program, not with AnyDVD Though this one might be useful too.
Old 29th September 2008, 11:57   #54  |  Link
GEoMaNTiK

Quote:
I actually meant logfile created with "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" program, not with AnyDVD Though this one might be useful too.
Sorry man, though I had deleted the last rip which was a AnyDVD Rip Video DVD to Harddisk and this time used Rip to Image.
I thought I could play the image with ArcSoft, however it won't recognise and I can't work out if the Region thing has worked this time. I'm still not ready for a coaster, so I hope that AnyDVD Log will be of some value.

Any ideas how I can play an .ISO ripped this way???
Old 29th September 2008, 13:37   #55  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Any ideas how I can play an .ISO ripped this way???
SlySoft's free Virtual Clone Drive will mount it and then you'll have a drive letter to play it from, just like the original.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:33   #56  |  Link
GEoMaNTiK

Quote:
SlySoft's free Virtual Clone Drive will mount it and then you'll have a drive letter to play it from, just like the original.
Great program, thanks for that, it sure will come in handy.

Okay just mounted the Step Into Liquid image and it comes up with the Disc Mismatch with Region Message still.

As a fix, so I could watch the movie in it's DTS-HD 7.1 glory, I muxed the m2ts and created a Blu-Ray BD-R which ripped everything else out. Great visuals and awesome sound of the crashing waves/soundtrack.
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:33   #57  |  Link

Quote:
You can post logs but not files from the bluray disk. Attachment deleted.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 06:52   #58  |  Link
GEoMaNTiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
You can post logs but not files from the bluray disk. Attachment deleted.
Whoops sorry man, I'll remember for next time.

Cheers.
Old 10th November 2008, 19:08   #59  |  Link
vorob

Well, as I understand this software will remove region from copied version of film. And if I don't want to copy it, just play from blue disk with out checking region?
vorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 19:22   #60  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Right now, I think the only software that can do what you want is AnyDVD HD.