Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Linux, Mac OS X, & Co

Old 12th August 2010, 17:17   #1  |  Link
Get Go

Need free GUI app for working with .264 raw files OS X

I need a free GUI app for working with .264 raw files in OS X snow leopard.

I have tried Avidemux (2.5.2) and while it can open the file it doesn't cope very well with it.

What I was trying to do was demux a HD .ts file into its elementary streams and then remux the two as .mp4. All without re-encoding along the way.

I have managed to demux the .ts file its just the remuxing is proving harder than expected.

Thanks
Get Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 17:51   #2  |  Link
nm

Try Subler: http://code.google.com/p/subler/

It seems to be based on MPEG4IP. There may be a GPAC/MP4Box GUI for OS X, but I'm not aware of one.

However, it's never too late to learn command line! It would make these things much easier since there are lots of platform-independent video tools that are mainly used through command line interfaces. In this case the commands themselves are quite simple and there are instructions all over the web.
nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 17:59   #3  |  Link
Get Go

Thanks again nm. Your a star

I wouldn't mind learning command line (or at least giving it a go). What really scares me is typing in a command and say nothing happens or something unexpected happens. I'd be so paranoid that I'd have done some damage under the bonnet that I can't see and I wouldn't have a clue how to undo.
Get Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.264, .ts, os x, remux