Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > NLE - Non Linear Editing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th June 2003, 15:01   #1  |  Link
andymo

Inter NLE File Format / Codec

Apologies if this is a newbie-ish question:

I have been happily using Video Deluxe 2.06 to mix together my video and audio, and pleased with the results. The DVD authoring is not so good, however, so I then import the finished chapters into Studio 8 to author motion menus etc. and burn to disc.

My question is, what codec / format should I render my video clips to import them into Studio 8 ?

My original files were picvideo18/19 analog captures, however I cannot render to another picvideo AVI since Studio seems to have problems with them (seems like it de-interlaces it for the burn, thus a disc with jitter)

If I use huffy AVI files I have to chop the clips up into 2min segments because VD2 has some problem exporting these files over 2G. *sigh*

Someone had suggested I save them as DV AVIs. VD2 saves them as type 1, so I have to convert them to type 2 for S8.

What is the quality difference between huffy and DV AVI ?

Thanks for any help.