Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 22nd November 2004, 04:38   #1  |  Link
Umma

Moderator with a Motive?

Diatribe deleted by me at the request of Doom9

Last edited by Umma; 22nd November 2004 at 18:35.
Umma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2004, 14:23   #2  |  Link
ursamtl

Response diatribe deleted of my own volition in hopes we can now move on.

Last edited by ursamtl; 23rd November 2004 at 17:31.
ursamtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2004, 08:49   #3  |  Link
oayz

To All,

I would like to express my opinion on this "fight". But first reservations:
- I don't represent anybody hear as either friend or supporter
- I have great respect for work done by EoH and ursamtl
- I'm very interested in whole 2->5.1 idea

Having said this I think you guys went too far. Yes EoH started the original guide and for like 20 pages was basically if not owner but at least keeper of the thread. Everybody were happy with the progress. Then ursamtl came along and for some reason they didn't get along. When it became obvious they should have split the thread. If the competition was a problem having two threads would bring twice better result. If it was personal - it would get a steam out.

Moderators - don't you understand you failed here? Instead of moderating the problem you shut down strong contributor. And now you police the board by clamping EoH down. I don't jistify his actions, but sorry I don't jistify yours either.

Why don't we ask EoH to reconsider, put his guide back and let him, ursamtl and others to have a pieceful competition in delivering the best 2->5.1 approach.

That will benifit all the comunity. Let's stop the flame and get back to the interesting stuff!

Last edited by oayz; 23rd November 2004 at 09:11.
oayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2004, 09:09   #4  |  Link
pacohaas
Audio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by oayz
Moderators - don't you understand you failed here? Instead of moderating the problem you shut down strong contributor. And now you police the board by clamping EoH down. I don't jistify his actions, but sorry I don't jistify yours either.
yes, perhaps lack of action on my part, i didn't even realize what was happening until after EoH "took his toys and went home" by deleting his own posts.
Quote:
Let's stop the flame and get back to the interesting stuff!
here here!
Old 23rd November 2004, 17:48   #5  |  Link
ursamtl

Quote:
Originally posted by pacohaas
yes, perhaps lack of action on my part, i didn't even realize what was happening until after EoH "took his toys and went home" by deleting his own posts.here here!
I don't think your lack of action is at fault either. This has been an unfortunate situation for awhile. I could provide lots of links to examples and reasons, etc. why things came out the way they did, but it doesn't really serve any useful purpose. I notice that Umma has deleted his message, so I've likewise deleted my response.

All I will say is that I think if you take the time to go back and review kpex's interventions, you'll find he's always supported the spirit and upheld the rules of this forum. In October when EoH removed his guide and told us he was leaving, I asked kpex to transfer the guide list to me since it was in fact my idea. This was to preserve as much of the knowledge here as possible for everyone and ensure that new contributions get added to the list as soon as possible. I will continue to do this and if at some point I don't wish to continue, I'll gladly ask someone else to take over.

So yes, let's move on.

Regards,
Steve.
ursamtl is offline   Reply With Quote