Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 23rd September 2003, 17:30   #1  |  Link
killerhis
ENcODeR

[Challenge] Autoremove white lines during scene changes (analog sources)

Hi.. OK this is the problem.. some old sources that has been transfered to dvd have a white line on the top/bottom durning scenechanges (for example, Dragonball, Blue Seed, Berserk). And here are some examples:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/chourak/pic1.PNG
http://home.wanadoo.nl/chourak/pic2.PNG
http://home.wanadoo.nl/chourak/pic3.PNG

Those whitelines also occure on the bottom. Basicly this problem is very old.. but there has NEVER been a filter made for this.
You got some technieks to fix it.... Like cropping the badframes or replacing it with the frame before, after.

I've made a function that can replace the frame or crop it. It detects a scenechange and crop/replaces the frame before and after... automaticly

But by replacing the frames, you lose motion.. especially during fightscene's and if the frame before the bad frame also has a white line (which occures often)... your back where your started(or even worse)
Cropping gives the best result.. only if you look good or when in a short time a lot of scenechanges occure you see that the aspectratio is ****** up.. you also see the frame jumping

I've been talking with mf about this.. basicly the best way is to crop the top or bottom and blend it with some frames before/after so you don't lose motion and the aspectration ain't ****** up!

So who's gonna try it out.. who's gonna fix this problem.. who has the time.. the winner will get all the hornour

KillerHIS

Last edited by Guest; 24th September 2003 at 12:59.
killerhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2003, 09:16   #2  |  Link
Wilbert

People in Neuron's forum gave you some advice: http://neuron2.net/ipw-web/bulletin/...opic.php?t=181

Quote:
Cropping gives the best result.. only if you look good or when in a short time a lot of scenechanges occure you see that the aspectratio is ****** up.. you also see the frame jumping
If you replace those lines with black lines, your ar won't be messed up

Last edited by Guest; 24th September 2003 at 13:00.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2003, 12:36   #3  |  Link
killerhis
ENcODeR

yeah yeah.. I know, but cropping ain't the best way (it's the easiest, but not the best way!) and I think writing a filter for this problem is way easier then other filters I've seen around.
Can't one of the "filter writing guys" who has some time look at it.. maybe you can write down a nice filter , cause someone need to do this eventually!

KillerHIS
killerhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2003, 13:48   #4  |  Link
scharfis_brain
brainless

there are two filters, Spotremover and declick .

split your image in two parts (by cropping).
and then apply declick or spotremover to the upper part (8 or 16 pixels high).
after that joing both parts together (ie. using stackvertical)

But I doubt that all those filtering is worth its work...

just crop the garbage out and get happy...
scharfis_brain is offline   Reply With Quote