Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 13th February 2006, 22:23   #1641  |  Link
valipod
Womanizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i
I know that but if you want convert .264->AVI default fps from avc2avi.exe is 25, using -fs or -f switch you can corect that. You can't use avc2avi gui beacouse there is not option to change fps. Use run and type cmd, then go to dir where is located avc2avi.exe not gui exe. type avc2avi.exe you should be get all switches. I have avc2avi.exe from lastest sharktooth build 408.
Actually I was asking. Is there no FPS information in the raw .264 stream? It seems like it isn't.

I have always tried the /? switch whenever I needed help from a commandline exe. Didn't work here. So I figured there's no help offered. I have now tried the -h switch (mentioned here a few posts up) and I got the options. Thanx.
Old 13th February 2006, 22:51   #1642  |  Link
akupenguin
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valipod
Actually I was asking. Is there no FPS information in the raw .264 stream? It seems like it isn't.
There is. avc2avi just ignores it.
Old 14th February 2006, 02:13   #1643  |  Link
fuxor123

problem with scene changes

I encoded some transport streams lately on hte hg-slow settings with megui and couple of times there's some pixelation while a scene changes in the encoded file. The bitrate I used was around 4200kbs. It didn't seem to matter though if it was in a fast or slow moving part of the movie. Just from times to times in a scene change.
Is there any chance of avoiding such an effect in future encodings?
Old 14th February 2006, 02:18   #1644  |  Link
Kostarum Rex Persia
Banned

OK, guys, raw streams aren't my field, so...

Let's get back on introduce separate threads about VFW development, like Bobrow suggested earlier yesterday on page 82, I think.

Doom9, you didn't answer me anything about new threads. What do you think about opening separate VFW threads, " X VFW development", " X VFW error reporting ", and " X feature requests " ?

Can Bob0r or someone else start these threads, please?
Old 14th February 2006, 06:12   #1645  |  Link
asdfsauce
VEIG Master

Profiles for VFW would be nice.
Old 14th February 2006, 07:38   #1646  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

As you can see I have made two new topics for you vfw people. Don't make a development thread because it's not needed. The development can be done in the feature request thread as that's probably where the updates on developer progress will go.

For you cli people eager for a new custom build I have made the following

Custom x264 Builds with patches.

I updated sharktooths patches...well all except the one with vfw in the title of the .diff. I also removed the Signature.diff vfw changes. If you encounter any problems let me know and I'll see if I can narrow it down.
Old 14th February 2006, 11:19   #1647  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
Is there a GUI for avc2avi.exe?
http://files.x264.nl/Sharktooth/util..._rev267+gui.7z
requires .NET 2.0, it muxes the file in the same dir as source and uses the same filename (except the extension that will be .avi).
just let me know if you need more functionalities (well there isnt much to do but...) and i will add them when i will be able to re-start coding.
i was thinking to add fps, batch muxing and maybe splitting (but it requires another prog).

Last edited by Sharktooth; 15th February 2006 at 08:40.
Old 14th February 2006, 12:21   #1648  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
http://files.x264.nl/force.php?file=..._rev267+gui.7z
requires .NET 2.0, it muxes the file in the same dir as source and uses the same filename (except the extension that will be .avi).
just let me know if you need more functionalities (well there isnt much to do but...) and i will add them when i will be able to re-start coding.
i was thinking to add fps, batch muxing and maybe splitting (but it requires another prog).
Thanks Sharktooth,

I downloaded the x264 Standard R408 package yesterday

I wanted to see how well it worked muxing raw ".h264" streams that had been extracted using YAMB.

The thing I noticed straight away is that the ".h264" file extension is not listed, only the ".264" file extension... Although the muxing worked fine

Support for specifying the required FPS would be the most useful implementation at the moment, I think.

Hope you start feeling a little better soon.... Speaking as somebody who was forced into giving up full-time work due to a chronic illness (and had to re-build my immune system from scratch), I sympathise with you....

Cheers
Old 14th February 2006, 12:32   #1649  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

It's not really an x264 development issue but it's rather technical: Recently, a number of megui users ran into x264.exe aborting the first pass without notice, and then the the second pass would abort immediately with a message about a mismatch of number of frames between the source and the statsfile. However, megui never gets those error messages. Even though I redirect both stdout and stderr of x264.exe, and make sure I keep reading from both as long as neither reports null (that goes beyond the process reporting it has exited), megui can never pick up those messages. I used to have the same issue with encraw but when I changed the code to keep reading beyond the process.Exited event until attempting to read from stdout and stderr just reports null, I managed to catch all the lines from encraw. I'm wondering if anybody has an idea why this doesn't work for x264.exe and what there is fundamentally different from x264 exiting immediately with an an error like the mentioned one, and other errors (like unsupported commandline option.. those are picked up just fine).
Old 14th February 2006, 13:50   #1650  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfsauce
VFW is like VHS... You can still use it but it's time is over.
Old 14th February 2006, 19:25   #1651  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
http://files.x264.nl/force.php?file=..._rev267+gui.7z
errm - sadly the file does not exist
Old 15th February 2006, 08:40   #1652  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

damn redirector doesnt like "+" in filenames... i should fix it...
try this direct link: http://files.x264.nl/Sharktooth/util..._rev267+gui.7z
Old 28th February 2006, 13:05   #1653  |  Link
nickolasemp
Special user

Hello everybody!
Does anyone know how I can put zones (in order to encode a movie's credits in grayscale) in x.264?
I have searched x.264's options but I can't seem to find anywhere such thing as grayscale encoding...
Old 28th February 2006, 13:35   #1654  |  Link
leowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasemp
Hello everybody!
Does anyone know how I can put zones (in order to encode a movie's credits in grayscale) in x.264?
I have searched x.264's options but I can't seem to find anywhere such thing as grayscale encoding...
MeGUI support zones. It provides encoding of the movies's credit with less bitrate using x264.exe. The bitrate are reserved for higher bitrate for main movie. However, I'm not sure is this the grayscale encoding that your refer to.

You can download MeGUI binary builds from ChronoCross:
http://chronocrossdev.com/apps/megui/
Old 28th February 2006, 14:15   #1655  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

there's no grayscale mode in x246 and why is this in the development thread?
Old 28th February 2006, 14:27   #1656  |  Link
Kostarum Rex Persia
Banned

What about build 445? It seems that some error appearing from build 443.

Quote:
lurui: Hi,I use r445 to encode the same file under the same parameter set as r440,but the result is not the same in PSNR and bin bitstream. So I think there is an error in the r445.
and:

Quote:
Hi,
I test more and find the difference is between r442 and r443. I set b_bframe_adaptive=0,
so the frametype decision function is not used at all. There must be some other reason.
Old 28th February 2006, 22:21   #1657  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Downloads on x264.nl broken:
"The requested URL /x264/revision446/x264-446-install.exe was not found on this server."

//EDIT

Okay, it's fixed now

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 28th February 2006 at 23:42.
Old 1st March 2006, 11:08   #1658  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Ya, it uploads rev.txt first, because it only took 5 minutes to compile, now with a working make fprofiled, my 5m18s test video takes up to 1h30m to compile fully.

I will change the order of files being uploaded later on...
Old 1st March 2006, 12:03   #1659  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfsauce
I have tried some dabbling in the source code, and only got as far as making a new tab, which says "Profiles". I should be able to work on it more during the holidays, about 6 weeks, where I'll try and add some drop-down boxes et-al, but don't get your hopes up. My coding knowledge extends to reading the manual (if there is one) and trial-and-error.
Old 1st March 2006, 12:17   #1660  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

why waste time on VFW? Let it die.
Closed Thread