Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 9th November 2016, 04:09   #21161  |  Link
CruNcher

No he's not he got some strong points but it's up to nevcairiel decision how he want's to buildup lav filters no one else and he made his point clear if someone doesn't like it fork it and buildup your own.
If he says he doesn't like such workarounds for something which in his idea makes no sense if you display 10 bit at 8 bit needing to deband again just to make it possible for a non complete 10 bit chain (including) output to display it, then that is his decision and you have to accept it.
This decision lefts out some users of course (like VictorLS) but the idea behind 10 bit is to display it in a complete Native 10 bit chain end to end and not 8 bit even if that workaround is possible via CUVID.

And costs for that have gone down a lot as 10 bit devices become more widespread now.

Vista (Longhorn) was Designed with 10 bit in mind on the GFX side XP (Whistler) not in 1 second.

On XP overall you will be limited to 8 bit and most obviously you wont be able to play any premium content.

and on Vista and Up it works but you still need workarounds on the driver side especially for HDR.

You get even 12 bit playback for roughly 80$ nowadays

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 9th November 2016 at 04:46.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 07:48   #21162  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsama View Post
Also remember since you pay or paid nothing for lav filters you have no right to ask or get any anything from nevcariel.
Just read last two strings of my post http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...23#post1784923 and take it easy.
Besides I even agree some pay for LAV CUVID Decoder with h265 10bit decoding because I will not buy new OS from Microsoft
CruNcher
Thanks for explaination position of nevcairiel more clearly for others. I wrote here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...04#post1784804 "nevcairiel is perfectionist - maximum quality despite of artifacts and so on..." and "I think nevcairiel not implement h265 10bit support in CUVID because of noone bit could not be lost" and I was right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
You get even 12 bit playback for roughly 80$ nowadays
Are you about some cheap GTX1050? It is quite new for me but while SAT channels are maximum h265 10bit this is not worry me much.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 11:51   #21163  |  Link
GCRaistlin

Is DXVA2 hardware decoding supported on Windows XP? I can't get it enabled playing the BDRemux:
Code:
h264 high L4.1, yuv420p, 1920x1080
LAV Video settings: http://i63.tinypic.com/29qbqbo.jpg
LAV 0.68.1.35, Radeon driver v14.4, HD7850. Driver is reinstalled after DDU clean up. Tried on a clean Windows XP installation, too, with no luck.

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 12:57   #21164  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Windows XP doesn't support DXVA2.(*)

(*) Some people claimed success after installing .NET but it may be driver depended and is unlikely to work with LAV Video Decoder. I recommend not to waste time on it.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 13:00   #21165  |  Link
huhn

DXVA2 decoding isn't supported on XP. but there were still some case it worked with a video renderer that supports DXVA and some very old driver and other stuff (dotnet 3.5).

it was working for me for a long time a long time ago with pretty old hardware.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 14:20   #21166  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
Is DXVA2 hardware decoding supported on Windows XP?
As other guys said - not supported. Long time ago I have extracted EVR from .NET3.5 (I don't like .NET at all too) and it worked not bad (I prefer VMR7w) in WinXP but why don't you use any DXVA1 decoder for h264 high L4.1, yuv420p, 1920x1080? I.e. Arcsoft or Cyberlink? Or free standalone_filters-mpc-be? They play FullHD h264 4:2:0 even 60Hz (and even with REF 16 - I tried with nVIDIA GT220 videocard) perfectly with hardware acceleration in WinXP.

Last edited by VictorLS; 9th November 2016 at 15:48.
Old 9th November 2016, 16:30   #21167  |  Link
captaiŋadamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
This is against nevcairiel's philosophy (
And yet despite being told 'no' over and over again you still bring it up. Just drop it.
Old 10th November 2016, 09:07   #21168  |  Link
VictorLS

captaiŋadamo
As minimum while in LAV Video Decoder there isn't option to disable HQ DXVA Processing when NVIDIA CUVID is active I will tell to all people who see artifacts there is good free LAV CUVID Decoder (with choice to uncheck HQ DXVA Processing) instead (or commercial CoreAVC) and only ban can stop me because supported decoder with supported OSes must first of all (in my philosophy) just work (when it is possible at all but with CUVID hardware acceleration of h264 4:2:0 without artifacts on nVIDIA's videoadapters in Win7-8 is possible and I really don't understand why nevcairiel give not same choice in LAV Video Decoder).
PS. Problem with artifacts quiet global: even in WinXP with DXVA1 I see same artifacts with many DXVA decoders - only CUVID helps. Thanks to nevcairiel.

Last edited by VictorLS; 10th November 2016 at 10:58.
Old 10th November 2016, 11:15   #21169  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
I really don't understand why nevcairiel give not same choice in LAV Video Decoder).
Oh, but you actually understand. You just do not accept nev's decision, and you SHOULD.

Quote:
only ban can stop me
Unfortunately, I am not a moderator.
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 15:02   #21170  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by filler56789 View Post
You just do not accept nev's decision
Show me link where nevcairiel say no about DXVA processing which cause artifacts even when CUVID hardware acceleration is selected in supported Win7-8.
I am not ask automatic switch between CUVID and DXVA2 already - just possibility to turn off HQ DXVA processing in LAV Video Decoder's interface (as in LAV CUVID Decoder done). Or philosophy of nevcairiel has changed in last few years?
Quote:
you SHOULD
Repeat, http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...78#post1785378 : I do not owe anything to anyone.
Quote:
Unfortunately, I am not a moderator.
Fortunately, you are not a moderator as minimum for all people with old weak computers with nVIDIA videocards (usually SAT-amateurs with DVB cards as me) who receive channels with artifacts and use LAV Video Decoder. While right I have one more hope unreal assumption: nevcairiel decided (or somebody paid him) to real support Win10 (which not support CUVID at all) only so drop real support of Win7-8. So he has written on this page: "I'm more likely to drop it entirely". Repeat, hope for all those people I'm wrong in my assumption.

Last edited by VictorLS; 10th November 2016 at 15:57.
Old 10th November 2016, 17:15   #21171  |  Link
captaiŋadamo

Quote:
I really don't understand why nevcairiel give not same choice in LAV Video Decoder).
Because he doesn't want to implement hacky workarounds. If you want the feature, fork the code and implement it yourself or pay someone to do so. Otherwise, again, all you're doing is thread shitting when you've repeatedly been told no.
Old 10th November 2016, 17:18   #21172  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Guys, just let it rest. The best way to stop these fruitless discussions is to not fuel them with further posts.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 20:16   #21173  |  Link
VictorLS

madshi
You are right. All I ask now - only one working check (as in LAV CUVID Decoder to maintain continuity: Use HQ DXVA Processing or other as nevcairiel come up) imho there is space over LAV Video Decoder 0.xy.z in its settings and this is not "hacky workarounds". If not so, for example, Enable Adaptive HW Deinterlacing is "hacky workarounds" too but it is in LAV Video Decoder's settings.

Last edited by VictorLS; 10th November 2016 at 22:21.
Old 10th November 2016, 22:20   #21174  |  Link
clsid

I have said this before, but you like to ignore people. If you run the player in XP compatibility mode (on Windows 7), then HQ processing should get disabled automatically because LAV is tricked into thinking you are using XP. It should have no other negative effect.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 22:31   #21175  |  Link
captaiŋadamo

Quote:
madshi
You are right. All I ask now - only one working check (as in LAV CUVID Decoder to maintain continuity: Use HQ DXVA Processing or other as nevcairiel come up) imho there is space over LAV Video Decoder 0.xy.z in its settings and this is not "hacky workarounds". If not so, for example, Enable Adaptive HW Deinterlacing is "hacky workarounds" too but it is in LAV Video Decoder's settings.
And he said 'no'. Does the word 'no' somehow have a different meaning to you than to other people?
Old 11th November 2016, 00:32   #21176  |  Link
VictorLS

Why do not you hear smart madshi http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...10#post1785510 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I have said this before, but you like to ignore people.
I almost never ignore smart enough people and of course I answered you here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...54#post1784954
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaiŋadamo View Post
And he said 'no'
Repeat, Show me link where nevcairiel say no ...
Full text read here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...93#post1785493
Old 11th November 2016, 17:34   #21177  |  Link
lvqcl

Quote:
Why don't you listen to him yourself ?

Quote:
Repeat, Show me link where nevcairiel say no ...
Here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Please just drop this topic, its not going to get you any further. CUVID is hanging on by a thread as it is, I'm more likely to drop it entirely then to spend more time arguing about it.
lvqcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 19:05   #21178  |  Link
VictorLS

lvqcl
You are not hear madshi first, more you don't understand what talking about. Read http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...11#post1785311 : I almost forget about 1 (you quoted) and talking about 2 - DXVA Processing causing artifacts ...
Old 11th November 2016, 19:09   #21179  |  Link
steakhutzeee

Hi

I'm using MPC-BE and Madvr, and trying to add Lav Filters.
I've three questions for you:

1- I deselected all internal filters (decoder audio and video ones, i've to deselect all in first tab "Source Filters" too?)

2- Atm, i've enabled this external filters: xysubfilter, lav audio, lav video, lav splitter, lav splitter source. I've to use the last two togheter? What's the difference between them?

3- I edited only lav video setting, selected DXVA2 (copy-back). It's ok for my gpu? it's in the signature. Don't know, it says 'OK' next to it, so yes maybe?
I've to edit other filters too or they're ok with their default settings?

Thank for the answers, i'm trying to learn
Old 11th November 2016, 19:43   #21180  |  Link
huhn

you should select the subtitle filter of your choice under mpc-be-> options -> subtitles.

1. there is no need to disable anything if you set the external filter as preferred.

3. should be fine.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter