Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 31st March 2018, 21:02   #8521  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Checking Avisynth.dll in the MeGUI folder reveals the following:
AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2636, MT, i386)
So that seems okay, but no Avisynth+ specific functions seem to be working, so I suspect MeGUI is still using the installed Avisynth 2.6. When I renamed Avisynth.dll in the MeGUI folder to Avisynth.old, MeGUI could still open scripts even though it's configured to use the portable Avisynth+Cheers.
What happens if you use the old MeGUI version which does report proper results and update the AviSynth package to the one included on the update server?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2018, 22:03   #8522  |  Link
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Could you please post your log file (versions block) and which size your video has?
Video was 1920x1080.

Code:
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] MeGUI: 2828 x86
--[Information] Update Check: stable update server
--[Information] System Information
---[Information] Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 1709 x64 (10.0.16299.309)
---[Information] .NET Framework: 4.0 (4.0.0.0)
---[Information] .NET Framework: 4.7 (4.7.02556)
---[Information] DPI: 125% (120/120)
---[Information] Monitor 1
----[Information] Resolution: 1680x1050
----[Information] Primary Screen: True
Old 1st April 2018, 08:34   #8523  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
What happens if you use the old MeGUI version which does report proper results and update the AviSynth package to the one included on the update server?
I made a copy of my current MeGUI 2830 folder and replaced MeGUI.exe with version 2584. When I ran the updater it appeared to want to "upgrade" the portable version to Avisynth 2.6.
I didn't update it though, and when I tested, it was correctly using the portable Avisynth+.

Quote:
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] [01/04/18 5:23:56 PM] MeGUI: 2584
--[Information] [01/04/18 5:23:56 PM] Operating System: Windows XP Professional x86 SP3 (5.1.196608.2600)
--[Information] [01/04/18 5:23:56 PM] .NET Framework: 4.0 (4.0.30319)
--[Information] [01/04/18 5:23:56 PM] AviSynth: 2.6.0.6 (31-03-2015) (inactive)
--[Information] [01/04/18 5:23:56 PM] AviSynth+ portable: 0.1 (02-03-2018) (active)
--[Information] [01/04/18 5:23:56 PM] AvisynthWrapper: 1.0.2721.0 (29-04-2017)
If anything, I suspect the problem may have started when the Avisynth version information displayed in the log file was updated. I recall initially thinking it didn't seem right, but I didn't give it any further thought at the time as I normally use the installed Avisynth 2.6. Of course, that could simply be coincidence.

I'll try some different versions of MeGUI later on, maybe starting with a fresh installation of MeGUI, and if I discover anything interesting I'll report back.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 12:55   #8524  |  Link
hello_hello

I hope this doesn't turn out to be an XP issue.

After testing a bunch of old MeGUI versions, I found the last MeGUI that'll use the portable Avisynth+ is version 2624.
The next older version I have is 2620 and it also uses the portable Avisynth+. The next newer MeGUI I have is 2627 and it does not.

Could it have anything to do with this?

Quote:
2627 [Main] detects during startup if AviSynth can be used
automatic fallback to the portable AviSynth
2626 [AvisynthWrapper] updated to recent avisynth.h (requires AviSynth 2.6)
improved error handling
added x64 support
For fun, I rebooted to fairly virgin copy of XP on another drive. I use it so rarely it still has Avisynth 2.5.8 installed. MeGUI 2830 went into a never ending re-installation cycle trying to install Avisynth+. All the required files appeared to be copied to the tools/avs folder, except for Avisynth.dll. I tried copying it to the tools/avs directory myself, but MeGUI deleted it when it was restarted, then went back to wanting to re-install it. The info in the log file got a bit funkier. Avisynth.dll was being copied to the MeGUI folder.

Quote:
[Error] AviSynth Information
-[Information] AviSynth Wrapper
--[Information] Version: 1.0.2721.0
--[Information] Date: 29-04-2017
--[Information] Interface: 3
-[Information] AviSynth
--[Information] File Version: 2.5.8.5
--[Information] Date: 21-12-2008
--[Information] Name: Avisynth 2.5
--[Information] Version: AviSynth 2.58, buildec 22 2008 [08:46:51]
--[Information] AviSynth+: false
--[Information] MT: false
--[Information] Status: Installed AviSynth build is out of date.
-[Error] AviSynth portable
--[Information] File Version: 0.1
--[Information] Date: 02-03-2018
--[Information] Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2636, MT, i386)
--[Error] Status: Installed AviSynth build cannot be used.
--[Information] Status: inactive
-[Error] AviSynth: not found

[Error] Update detection
-[Information] [01/04/18 8:48:14 PM] Using cached update config and server: http://megui.tmebi.de/test/
-[Information] [01/04/18 8:48:15 PM] There is 1 package which can be updated: AviSynth portable
-[Information] [01/04/18 8:48:15 PM] There is 1 package which can be updated: AviSynth portable
-[Information] [01/04/18 8:48:15 PM] updating package AviSynth portable as it is missing or outdated
-[Error] [01/04/18 8:48:23 PM] Component not found: C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avs\AviSynth.dll
When I tried the same thing again with MeGUI 2632 the re-installation loop didn't happen, but it seemed to install Avisynth 2.6.0.6 as the portable version instead of Avisynth+. I'm a bit dubious as to whether it's actually using the portable version though. As version() wouldn't tell me anything I deleted Avisynth.dll from both the MeGUI and the tools/avs folders, yet MeGUI still happily opened a script (I think I tried that test after switching back to the XP with Avisynth 2.6 installed).

Last edited by hello_hello; 1st April 2018 at 13:14.
Old 1st April 2018, 13:08   #8525  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Despite all the warnings not to install MeGUI in "C:\Program files" (because the UAC will block attempts of updating files except MeGUI is started "as Administrator") ...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 14:31   #8526  |  Link
gonca

Did Windows XP have UAC?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 14:59   #8527  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Oops, no, I thought I closed this without sending my reply when I read this as well.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 15:19   #8528  |  Link
gonca

Its been a while since I used XP, wasn't sure myself anymore
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 17:12   #8529  |  Link
mr2legs

More help

Quote:
mr2legs,
I don't know why it's telling you no indexer was found, but DirectShowSource and AviSource are disabled be default now. You can re-enable them in MeGUI's options. How are you opening the AVIs?
Thank you for your very swift reply.

The problem appears to be that the avi in question uses the DivX5 codec. I have tried other such files to the same effect - No Indexer. There is no problem with XVid avis which are indexed with LSmash or FFMS without difficulty. There are so few instances of DIVX5 around these days that this probably won't be that much of a hinderance. These are old files that I inherited. Interestingly The Solveig Splitter can split XVid avis but not DivX5 avis.

You suggested I enable DirectShowSource which I did and AVIsource to which I could find no options in MeGUI settings.

The principal reason I wanted to do all this was to add some chapters which AVIs do not support so a conversion to MKV or MP4 would be a first stage. Fortunately the somewhat less than sophisticated "AVC - All Video Converter" (freeware) was able to work with DivX5 and did a reasonable one-pass re-encode (DivX5 to Matroska).

I have converted many XVid avis with MeGUI in the past and I thought I had converted DivX too (with both codecs using the .AVI extension one tends to treat them as interchangeable) but perhaps there has never been an index for DivX.

If you can illuminate any of the above points then I should be grateful but if not it seems it is not the end of the world and thank you for looking at my problem.
mr2legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:30   #8530  |  Link
hello_hello

mr2legs,
Until Zathor returns, maybe try changing the FourCC of an AVI to Xvid with MPEG4 Modifier to see if MeGUI will index it. That's a wild guess by the way, as I've got nothing else. You might need to post your log file.

Quote:
You suggested I enable DirectShowSource which I did and AVIsource to which I could find no options in MeGUI settings.
Enabling DirectShowSource enables them both.

Quote:
The principal reason I wanted to do all this was to add some chapters which AVIs do not support so a conversion to MKV or MP4 would be a first stage.
Do you "need" to re-encode the video? If not you can remux MKVs while adding chapters/subtitles without re-encoding using MKVToolNixGUI. If you do, it might pay to change the FourCC to Xvid first anyway. Some hardware players won't play DivX video. One of the Bluray players in this house will while the other won't (only I can't remember which is which off the top of my head). Changing the FourCC fixes that.
And you can also try remuxing an AVI as MKV to see if MeGUI will then index the MKV, so you can use it as the source.
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:55   #8531  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Reading in the release notes that the DPI issues have been fixed but I'm seeing no changes. From version's 2828 video player, W10 Pro, 125% custom DPI. Pressing the buttons usually makes the preview so large that it's unusable and needs to be closed/reopened.
This hopefully is now fixed in 2833.
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:56   #8532  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2legs View Post
Thank you for your very swift reply.

The problem appears to be that the avi in question uses the DivX5 codec. I have tried other such files to the same effect - No Indexer. There is no problem with XVid avis which are indexed with LSmash or FFMS without difficulty. There are so few instances of DIVX5 around these days that this probably won't be that much of a hinderance. These are old files that I inherited. Interestingly The Solveig Splitter can split XVid avis but not DivX5 avis.

The principal reason I wanted to do all this was to add some chapters which AVIs do not support so a conversion to MKV or MP4 would be a first stage. Fortunately the somewhat less than sophisticated "AVC - All Video Converter" (freeware) was able to work with DivX5 and did a reasonable one-pass re-encode (DivX5 to Matroska).

I have converted many XVid avis with MeGUI in the past and I thought I had converted DivX too (with both codecs using the .AVI extension one tends to treat them as interchangeable) but perhaps there has never been an index for DivX.

If you can illuminate any of the above points then I should be grateful but if not it seems it is not the end of the world and thank you for looking at my problem.
Do you mind to upload short sample file?
Old 2nd April 2018, 21:04   #8533  |  Link
HOB

Fixed - THANKS!

Fantastic!
Just updated to MeGUI v2833 and DGindexNV 2053(20180402) and the audio file IS being placed right where it should be.

Once again...THANK YOU very much!
Old 3rd April 2018, 01:55   #8534  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

You're welcome and thanks for the status update, HOB. It took good coordination with Zathor, to whom thanks.

Now I have to port the changes to DGDecIM.

Last edited by videoh; 3rd April 2018 at 02:00.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2018, 02:46   #8535  |  Link
HOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
You're welcome and thanks for the status update, HOB. It took good coordination with Zathor, to whom thanks.

Now I have to port the changes to DGDecIM.
videoh

In the times we're living in it's very rewarding to see people working TOGETHER to make things work right.

You and Zathor have made a very positive impression on me...I thank you for getting this program to work but even more I thank you for reminding me there are still humans out their who deserve our respect...

Thank you both!
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:12   #8536  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Does the following Avisynth info from MeGUI's log file make sense (MeGUI version 2830)?
MeGUI seems to be saying it's using Avisynth+ and not using it at the same time. Is it an XP thing?
Reason are missing redist files for Visual C++ 2017. I have updated now the redist package. Could you please try it again?
Old 4th April 2018, 06:17   #8537  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Reason are missing redist files for Visual C++ 2017. I have updated now the redist package. Could you please try it again?
Bummer. It's still the same.
I did have the Visual C++ 2017 redistributable installed. The latest nnedi3 requires it, and it's working. The only oddity I noticed was it wasn't showing up in Add/Remove Programs, but all the same "api-ms-win" files were in the system32 folder. I re-installed it to make sure (it now shows up in Add/Remove Programs) but nothing has changed. I tried MeGUI 2830 without letting it update the runtime files, and then I updated the runtime files and MeGUI to version 2834. Same result either way. Avisynth is still showing as version 2.6 for the portable Avisynth.

Thanks.

Quote:
[Information] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] MeGUI: 2834 x86
--[Information] Update Check: development update server
--[Information] System Information
---[Information] Operating System: Windows XP Professional x86 SP3 (5.1.196608.2600)
---[Information] .NET Framework: 4.0 (4.0.30319)
---[Information] DPI: 100% (96/96)
---[Information] Monitor 1
----[Information] Resolution: 1920x1080
----[Information] Primary Screen: False
---[Information] Monitor 2
----[Information] Resolution: 1152x864
----[Information] Primary Screen: True
--[Information] Component Information
---[Information] Haali Media Splitter: 1.13.138.14 (14-04-2013)
---[Information] Haali DSS2: (14-04-2013)
---[Information] ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib: 0.85.5.452 (07-08-2008)
---[Information] MediaInfo: 18.03.1.0 (26-03-2018)
---[Information] SevenZipSharp: 0.64.3890.29348 (02-01-2011)
---[Information] 7z: 9.20 (18-11-2010)
--[Information] AviSynth Information
---[Information] AviSynth Wrapper
----[Information] Version: 1.0.2721.0
----[Information] Date: 29-04-2017
----[Information] Interface: 3
---[Information] AviSynth
----[Information] File Version: 2.6.0.6
----[Information] Date: 31-03-2015
----[Information] Name: Avisynth 2.6
----[Information] Version: AviSynth 2.60, build:Mar 31 2015 [16:38:54]
----[Information] AviSynth+: false
----[Information] MT: false
----[Information] Status: inactive
---[Information] AviSynth portable
----[Information] File Version: 0.1
----[Information] Date: 28-03-2018
----[Information] Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)
----[Information] Version: AviSynth 2.60, build:Mar 31 2015 [16:38:54]
----[Information] AviSynth+: false
----[Information] MT: false
----[Information] Status: active
-[Information] Update detection
--[Information] [04/04/18 2:10:02 PM] Using cached update config and server: http://megui.tmebi.de/test/
--[Information] [04/04/18 2:10:03 PM] No package requires an update

Last edited by hello_hello; 4th April 2018 at 06:24.
Old 5th April 2018, 21:50   #8538  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Bummer. It's still the same.
I did have the Visual C++ 2017 redistributable installed. The latest nnedi3 requires it, and it's working. The only oddity I noticed was it wasn't showing up in Add/Remove Programs, but all the same "api-ms-win" files were in the system32 folder. I re-installed it to make sure (it now shows up in Add/Remove Programs) but nothing has changed. I tried MeGUI 2830 without letting it update the runtime files, and then I updated the runtime files and MeGUI to version 2834. Same result either way. Avisynth is still showing as version 2.6 for the portable Avisynth.

Thanks.
I can only say that I could reproduce it. When the redist files are missing you get exactly the problem you have. With the files it is gone for me. So maybe you are missing something else? Could you try the dependency walker on avisynth.dll?
Old 6th April 2018, 13:02   #8539  |  Link
rhaz

Latest update 2834 broke DGIndex file indexer (DVD as source), you cannot set custom path or filename anymore.

Click Output and try doing any changes or just click Open it gives you error File not found, which doesn't make sense at all. You're not opening a file, you're saving a .d2v file ready for a job. It works if you click Queue, but that's not a solution for a DVD with multiple PGCs, you want to give custom paths and names.

update: on top of that, you cannot go back to Stable update server from Developmental, saving/exiting/restarting the application always resets to Developmental server.

Last edited by rhaz; 6th April 2018 at 13:05.
rhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 18:22   #8540  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaz View Post
Latest update 2834 broke DGIndex file indexer (DVD as source), you cannot set custom path or filename anymore.

Click Output and try doing any changes or just click Open it gives you error File not found, which doesn't make sense at all. You're not opening a file, you're saving a .d2v file ready for a job. It works if you click Queue, but that's not a solution for a DVD with multiple PGCs, you want to give custom paths and names.
Thanks, will be looking into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaz View Post
update: on top of that, you cannot go back to Stable update server from Developmental, saving/exiting/restarting the application always resets to Developmental server.
Are you using the x64 build of MeGUI? Then this is to be expected as there is no stable build yet.

Tags
megui