Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th January 2004, 19:21   #11  |  Link
S_O

This sounds really great. I would like to see a complete overview about the new codecs and flavors, unfortunately this file isnīt updated yet:
https://helix-producer.helixcommunit...ceDefaults.xls
Or is a new version somewhere else?
Quote:
does the rv-aac codec support 5.1 output ?
No 5.1 for AAC. Perhaps later. The Multi-channel codec is still RA8 based.
Does that mean both, encoding and decoding is not supported?
If not, please do not make a general error message like "An error has occured while opening the file". I really like QuickTime here it says something like "This file uses ... Quicktime doesnīt suppport yet: MPEG-4 Video: MPEG Quantization"
A general error message is making people angry, because they donīt know why itīs not working.
Quote:
Does the new AAC based encoding still require the downsampling to 44.1kHz?
I think so. Will check.
But the decoder plays all samplerates/bitrates or only the one the Producer can encode?

I remember Real had a deal with Xiph about Vorbis support in RealPlayer? Does RealPlayer support any kind of Vorbis yet? I guess the possibility to mux it into rm is not even started. Or is this completly old and Vorbis has been replaced by AAC now and all started Vorbis support will be removed again?

Quote:
...is that the most recent RV 10 encoder DLL is included...
My first thought: What?? Why the hell do they plan to add encoding support for RealVideo 5 (FourCC: RV10)???? The difference in the numbers in FourCC and the name is sometimes a bit misleading. But this is still RV40, right?
S_O is offline   Reply With Quote