Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 8th February 2012, 23:11   #881  |  Link
KarstenS

Something would be nice: disk merging.

I am rebuilding my movies for storing them on my MediaCenter. But there are some movies, I would like to do this different: Lord of the Rings Extended Edition.

All three main movies are split to 2 BD50. For my MediaCenter I would like to get them together, to get only one icon for one movie and for seamless playback of the whole movie.

Just an idea. Maybe there are other movies too.
KarstenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 03:33   #882  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Another one, a "No re-encode" option for the Edit Mode, sometimes you can fit a disc onto a BD25 just by re-compressing the bonus materials.

SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 03:57   #883  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by squallmx View Post
another one, a "no re-encode" option for the edit mode, sometimes you can fit a disc onto a bd25 just by re-compressing the bonus materials.

+1
Old 13th February 2012, 10:41   #884  |  Link
stefandee2k

Convert only one DTS track to AC3

Hi,
I'm looking for an option for convert only one or some DTS track to AC3, but not all the track.
Sometimes you can fit a disc onto a BD25 just by re-compressing a DTS-HD track to AC3.

I've checked the hidden option and the Faq, but I haven't found anythink about my request.

Thanks

stefandee
stefandee2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 15:20   #885  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefandee2k View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for an option for convert only one or some DTS track to AC3, but not all the track.
Sometimes you can fit a disc onto a BD25 just by re-compressing a DTS-HD track to AC3.

I've checked the hidden option and the Faq, but I haven't found anythink about my request.

Thanks

stefandee
There currently is no option to do that. You either select none or all to be converted.
Old 13th February 2012, 15:27   #886  |  Link
stefandee2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
There currently is no option to do that. You either select none or all to be converted.
Can you insert in future an option that allows this selection ?
stefandee2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 16:07   #887  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefandee2k View Post
Can you insert in future an option that allows this selection ?
I can, but I can't say when.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:38   #888  |  Link
HatchetMan

Been using BD-RB for over a year, but just getting into the whole MKV thing now that I have my unRAID and a couple HTPC's up and running. I was using MakeMKV to do DVD rips keeping the original audio and video intact, BD-RB for the HD re-encodes of course. Only problem with MakeMKV was the subs. Playing them back in several different programs, they were either on or off, no way to distinguish between leaving on only the forced subs (though I have since read a way to have MPC-HC display only the forced subs in the language of your choice). Even a simple DVDShrink rip would display only the forced subs when selecting 'let my player decide' (but obviously no MKV option).

I then went on to HandBrake which I had previously only used for my iPOD conversions. Selecting high profile, mkv output, and crf of 18 gave me great outcomes - excellent video quality and small file sizes. Why I was drawn to it vs. several other proggies was for the option to burn in forced subs only. This was a popular feature for some folks with players that did not handle subs very well, figured I fell into that same category, and have strictly used it for all my DVD to MKV conversions since.

Now that I am using BD-RB to do MKV for the HD rips, Real Steel came out fantastic btw, I would love to see the option to burn in forced subs only, like that of District 9 for the alien speak. (Handbrake does not handle the BD subs). And for the times when I do not know if there are any, it would simply not burn them in, because there were none that were forced, even though the option was ticked. And some may even appreciate the alternative to burn in the entire subtitle track for foreign films. Just a thought, I would certainly appreciate the burn in forced subs option :-) Thanks Jdobbs!

Last edited by HatchetMan; 15th February 2012 at 20:41. Reason: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1558525#post1558525
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 05:16   #889  |  Link
setarip_old

@HatchetMan

Hi!

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to read your post? (Think PARAGRAPHS)...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 17:18   #890  |  Link
HatchetMan

Like the 720p 448kbps ac3 mkv option for tv shows and 1080p 640kbps ac3 mkv option for my movies.

How about a 1080p 448kbps ac3 mkv option for those chick flicks or really old/restored films where you just can't tell the difference in audio anyways but love the perfect HD vid?
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 19:54   #891  |  Link
Sharc

A hidden option to force menus encoding at a fix (user defined) crf.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 23:15   #892  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
A hidden option to force menus encoding at a fix (user defined) crf.
It will currently use the value of QUICK_CRF=nn if you have that set.
Old 18th February 2012, 00:37   #893  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
It will currently use the value of QUICK_CRF=nn if you have that set.
I have set it, but menus are encoded using crf prediction -- same as feature (I am using 1-pass crf encoding).

Added:
When I select 2-pass encode for the feature, menus are also encoded 2-pass although QUICK_CRF=nn is set and Quick encode for extras is selected.

Last edited by Sharc; 18th February 2012 at 00:55.
Old 18th February 2012, 02:18   #894  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I have set it, but menus are encoded using crf prediction -- same as feature (I am using 1-pass crf encoding).

Added:
When I select 2-pass encode for the feature, menus are also encoded 2-pass although QUICK_CRF=nn is set and Quick encode for extras is selected.
That probably means BD-RB isn't recognizing them as menus -- that can happen easily on BD-J menus. There's really nothing on the disc that says "I'm a menu" -- it's more of an educated guess based upon several factors.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th February 2012 at 23:40.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 05:50   #895  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Kudos on the raft of new capabilities you've added over the past few updates at a fast and furious pace - I hope you don't burn yourself out before the DTSExpress conundrum is solved ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 09:44   #896  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
That probably means BD-B isn't recognizing them as menus -- that can happen easily on BD-J menus. There's really nothing on the disc that says "I'm a menu" -- it's more of an educated guess based upon several factors.
How about an "anything but the feature" rule?
Means if I set QUICK_CRF=nn AND select "Quicker encode for Extras" the menus and the Extras (i.e. anything but the feature) will be encoded using the QUICK_CRF=nn setting?
Old 18th February 2012, 14:36   #897  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
How about an "anything but the feature" rule?
Means if I set QUICK_CRF=nn AND select "Quicker encode for Extras" the menus and the Extras (i.e. anything but the feature) will be encoded using the QUICK_CRF=nn setting?
I'll look at it. The problem is that BD-RB also has to keep an eye on the ratio of extras to feature. On some discs a higher CRF could result in little or no space for the feature.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th February 2012 at 23:39.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 23:29   #898  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Havent run an encode lately (the last couple versions) but saw in that DGenc thread that you implemented my date suggestion. Just wanted to say thx for doing so. It will make searching for an encode alot faster (whenever you added that )
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 21:50   #899  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

update. Just started an encode and took a look at the date. I noticed it's using the US dateformat mm/dd/yyyy. I was wondering if it was possible to have BDRB respect the windows localisation setting. Cause the default for belgium : dd/mm/yy (day first).
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 23:17   #900  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
update. Just started an encode and took a look at the date. I noticed it's using the US dateformat mm/dd/yyyy. I was wondering if it was possible to have BDRB respect the windows localisation setting. Cause the default for belgium : dd/mm/yy (day first).
Hmm... didn't think of that. I'll have to look -- I think the automatic formatting accepts it in a fixed dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm pretty sure there's a way, I just need to do some quick research.