Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 25th August 2003, 17:02   #1  |  Link
SiliconSoul

sopranos season 1 dvd 1 backup problems missing PGC1 when passed to docce4u

Im trying to backup my sopranos season 1 dvd 1 and im using
doitfast4u! 1.3.0.0 and reauthorist 1.0.0 and docce4u 1.0.1.5 ( and ive tried version 1.0.1.4)

when reauthorist passes the scripts to docce4u the first PGC file is missed with 1.0.1.5 and with 1.0.1.4 it gets passed to it but then cce crashes on the second pass.

any suggestions?

im starting over from scratch again today with 1 pass encodes just to test it out.

(after the 2,3,4 encoded the first time)
i did fix it by have reautorist send it to docce4u then i manually edited the txt file and put the first line last then saved and opened the file in docce4u and then i just deleted the ones that already encoded... but this is not an good solution :-) or add the first line twice.

also PGC 3 is coming up as an extra when it is just the third episode! and with auto size i can not fix it...

Last edited by SiliconSoul; 25th August 2003 at 18:01.
SiliconSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 08:59   #2  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

I've noticed this a couple of times too (since updating to the latest doitfast4u). I don't know if it's a doitfast4u or docc4u problem, but the first line of the ccedata.txt will not be read by docc4u. The only solution is to enter a blank line before the first text line or copy the first line and add it at the end. Otherwise some asset will not be reencoded. This also means that you cannot let docc4u start automatically.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
influenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 17:39   #3  |  Link
Eyes`Only
Dizzin It Fizzast Fo Yizz

If it is as simple of a solution as that, I can automate the blank line at the beginning of every ccedata.txt file.

•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts
See: http://www.doitfast4u.com.

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!

Last edited by Eyes`Only; 31st August 2003 at 18:30.
Eyes`Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2003, 20:00   #4  |  Link
SiliconSoul

yeah it is weird... and a blank line will not work, did not for me, just the first line duplicated... i think it is really a change in docce4u
not reauthorist or doitfast4u

Last edited by SiliconSoul; 26th August 2003 at 20:08.
Old 27th August 2003, 08:06   #5  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

No it must be a docc4u problem. It's only a plain text file that is used right? But I did not update it as far as I can remember and never had any of these problems before.

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 28th August 2003, 03:45   #6  |  Link
Grover

I've also noticed this same "quirk" on some but not all jobs lately.

I have two machines, both running XP and on the one I use mostly for encoding, I have never gotten this happen (so far). Both running the same versions of all the DVD backup programs.

On my other "main" machine I have noticed this everytime I've tried to backup a DVD. I can then switch that job over to my other machine and it goes thru with no problems.

At least I now know there is a couple of manual work-arounds to "fix" the issue. Thanks for the info.

Cheers...
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2003, 23:04   #7  |  Link
broken_bricks

I have a one VTS file project I am working on that is like 7.5gig. When I tried to do the big 3 I get the same thing, it is not being brought into DoCCE4U after the Doitfast step. The jobs was just blank. So I entered new job and went from there. I have no clue if this is gonna work for me as it is encoding right now.

Should this work for me?
Why isn't it shown on the jobs, after DIF4U is done, how can I make it so it does?

Thanks in advance.
broken_bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2003, 02:13   #8  |  Link
Eyes`Only
Dizzin It Fizzast Fo Yizz

Got me! From the reports, it seems the ccedata.txt is written correctly...
•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts
See: http://www.doitfast4u.com.

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!
Eyes`Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2003, 06:19   #9  |  Link
Grover

Quote:
Originally posted by broken_bricks
I have a one VTS file project I am working on that is like 7.5gig. When I tried to do the big 3 I get the same thing, it is not being brought into DoCCE4U after the Doitfast step. The jobs was just blank. So I entered new job and went from there. I have no clue if this is gonna work for me as it is encoding right now.

Should this work for me?
Why isn't it shown on the jobs, after DIF4U is done, how can I make it so it does?

Thanks in advance.
I think you will need to manually edit the ReAuthorist generated DoCCE4U text file that gets fed to into DoCCE4U.

As per other postings in this thread, I have found the easiest way is to copy line 1 (the job that is missed) and paste it onto the bottom of the list, save the text file and then open it manually in DoCCE4U. DoCCE4U and FILE-->LOAD JOB LIST etc.

This has worked for me twice now with no problems.

Cheers
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2003, 07:35   #10  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

Yes this works without problems. But what I find strange is that we all of a sudden have this problem without anything changing. Maybe the new docce4u (batchsomething) will fix the problem

Old 31st August 2003, 18:44   #11  |  Link
BBWoof

First line problem.

Could someone send me a CCEData.txt file that causes this problem. I haven't experienced it myself.

Send it to BBWoof@woofsoft.com

BBWoof
Old 31st August 2003, 19:05   #12  |  Link
SiliconSoul

also i did not seem to get the problem when i tried using docce4u 1.0.1.4
Old 31st August 2003, 22:18   #13  |  Link
BBWoof

Solution

Thanks to SiliconSoul for sending me a CCEData.txt file. I think I've found the problem, and a temporary solution until I fix the code.

I noticed that the CCEData.txt file he sent me has a space in the directory part of the filename. I wasn't thinking about this when I check for the version number because I almost never use working directories with spaces in them. Rip your assets to a directory without spaces. When DoItFast4U rips assets, no directories or filenames have spaces in them. And I'll fix the problem in the next release of BatchCCE.

BBWoof
Old 1st September 2003, 03:48   #14  |  Link
SiliconSoul

okay thanks! that must be the problem!