Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th October 2015, 16:41   #1  |  Link
BlockABoots

What could be the cause of my Audio Sync Issue!??

Ok, i have used OBS in 'Video Capture Device' mode to capture gameplay from my Micomsoft X-Capture1 device, the raw file that OBS has created is a .flv file and has no audio sync issues what so ever and is perfectly in time with the video. I have use AvsPmod (avisynth) to edit the video and then used Ripbot to encode the .avs file that AvsPmod created.

Once the Ripbot has finished with the file i have an .mp4 file but when watching this back there is about 1 second audio delay, i have tried using AvsPmod with the 'DelayAudio' command to bring the audio forward and into sync with the video but im unable to get it to match up, if i have it set to say '0.617' the audio will be behind and then if i notch it down 1 value to '0.616' then in jumps to approx 1 second in front.

I have just used Windows Movie Maker to edit and encode the .flv file and the outputted .mp4 file from WMM has no sync issues and is perectly fine.

So my question is, is AvsPmod or Ripbot cause this audio issue and if so why and how can i fix it please??
BlockABoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 05:32   #2  |  Link
huhn

sample and script?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 05:43   #3  |  Link
poisondeathray

It could be that you recorded a VFR (variable frame rate) FLV , but used CFR processing in avisynth (and Ripbot). WMM is probably decoding with directshow and inserting duplicate frames to keep it in sync. Use mediainfo (view=>text) for more information on the source and output files from ripbot and WMM
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote