Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 8th April 2007, 12:52   #81  |  Link
DarkZell666
aka XaS

It's ok here (mind you, it could have been fixed since).

Q9300 OC @ 3.2ghz / Asus P5E3 / 4GB PC10600 / Geforce 8600 GTS
DarkZell666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2007, 20:45   #82  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2007/...mail-downtime/

Quote:
UPDATE (2007-04-08 03:20 PDT): It appears we are the victims of an Easter DOS attack against our nameservers, we have an admin at the datacenter and our network expert onhand to deal with it. Hopefully things will be back to normal shortly.

UPDATE (2007-04-08 04:54 PDT): We seem to have isolated and resolved the DoS attack for the moment...
Richard Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 11:35   #83  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Is it just me, or has the front page become a TARDIS and is going backward in time ? I swear I saw items drop off the top today and the top news item is back to 18/4... The good Doctor seems to have been silent for a while, so I hope he is OK and not subject to an evil rampaging Dalek plot to kill him, if you get my drift.

edit:- yes you are right, a brain-freeze... doom9 front page... I confused for a minute. Sorry.

Last edited by halsboss; 2nd May 2007 at 15:15.
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 19:03   #84  |  Link
Wilbert

I have no idea what you are talking about, but some ass is spamming avisynth.org/mediawiki. I contacted Richard about it, but he hasn't replied yet.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 19:07   #85  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, but some ass is spamming avisynth.org/mediawiki. I contacted Richard about it, but he hasn't replied yet.
He could have meant the doom9 front page - that one is going back and forth in time a lot, due to a (very) flaky mirror I believe...

np: Burnt Friedman & The Nu Dub Players - Paternoster (Version) (Difficult Easy Listening)
Old 1st May 2007, 23:12   #86  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

I've disabled anonymous edits on mediawiki.

How close do you think we are to pointing http://avisynth.org to mediawiki?
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:32   #87  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

Are license problem of mediawiki resolved?
may be switch to CC BY 3.0 (the most free of CC licenses) ?
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

We usually say: script by Didee, etc...
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 01:13   #88  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

I did remove the "NC" (noncommercial) restriction a long time ago. That was a dumb oversight.

I don't see much difference between "BY" and "BY-SA". Avisynth functions are only useful as plaintext.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:32   #89  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
How close do you think we are to pointing http://avisynth.org to mediawiki?
My aim is the first of June. I'm porting the shared functions at the moment. After that the utilities need to be done as well as some other minor stuff.
Old 7th May 2007, 05:38   #90  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Great! Thanks for all your work.

It looks like files uploaded to Mediawiki before the move were not recovered. http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/index....20070224110833

Those are all just scripts. They should probably be copied into real wiki pages anyway so that they can be versioned. Hopefully someone knows where to find the latest version of each.
Old 8th May 2007, 03:25   #91  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Here's the page I made for YLevels: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/YLevels

I put it in [Category:External plugins] and [Category:Script functions]. Do these sound like good categories? Having all the script functions on the "share functions" page is good for preserving old content but won't scale with all the new functions people write nowadays. External Plugins would be for everything listed on that page, just like [Category:Internal filters].
Old 8th May 2007, 03:45   #92  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

I'm starting the redirect. The old wiki will be at http://avisynth.org/oldwiki
Old 8th May 2007, 04:14   #93  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

Instead of requiring registration, why not just add in a simple captcha? I added ConfirmEdit to MeWiki in about 15 minutes, it posts up a simple numerical sum that the user must solve IF (editor is user level or below (ie anonymous) AND edit adds at least one new external link). http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extens...it#ConfirmEdit
check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 04:50   #94  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

It was the quickest way to stop the flood. I added captcha to the old wiki, and will probably do it again.
Old 8th May 2007, 05:52   #95  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

I agree, that "external plygins" must not contains scripts.
Scripts must be in separate category. But why create new (Script functions) instead good old "shared functions" ?
It must be re-organized through.
Old 8th May 2007, 06:42   #96  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Here's the page I made for YLevels: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/YLevels
Youch! What is with people and super wide web pages these days.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 18:32   #97  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick View Post
I agree, that "external plygins" must not contains scripts.
Scripts must be in separate category. But why create new (Script functions) instead good old "shared functions" ?
It must be re-organized through.
"Script functions" is just for scripts, right.

"External plugins" is for both scripts and DLLs. Pages can belong to multiple categories, so this is no problem. Also, "external plugins" is the name of the page where Wilbert has manually categorized scripts & plugins by function: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/External_plugins

I don't think we need to manually organize scripts. Using [[Category]] will create a summary page for us automatically. If someone wants to see the right filter for a function, they should look at External_plugins to compare all types of filters (internal, script, DLL).

"Shared functions" was created on the old wiki, before we had the [[Category]] feature. On the new wiki, it doesn't make sense to manually create these lists. In other words, we can delete the "shared functions" AND "script functions" pages once all the content is moved to the individual script's page, and the category page is working.

I disliked the name "shared functions" almost as soon as I created it The whole point of the website is to share info -- it's redundant. "Script functions" is more descriptive. So long as we're changing from a manual list-page to Category, I don't think it would hurt to change the name.

I remain open to ideas, of course.

Quote:
Youch! What is with people and super wide web pages these days.
The same reason Doom9 pages become wide when someone uses the {code} feature. Most pages are not that wide.
Old 8th May 2007, 21:52   #98  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
"Shared functions" was created on the old wiki, before we had the [[Category]] feature. On the new wiki, it doesn't make sense to manually create these lists. In other words, we can delete the "shared functions" AND "script functions" pages once all the content is moved to the individual script's page, and the category page is working.
Ok, i agree with this. I will change it when i finished the script page.

I'm not sure we are on the same wavelength, because (imo) we need a short summary of all the scripts and external plugins on one page. Of course we can put this on the external_plugins page, and then the "Shared functions" page can be deleted.
Old 8th May 2007, 23:15   #99  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

I do not like idea to mix plugins with scripts.
At least if you (foxyshadis) want mix them in one page, lets rename this "External plugins" page to "External functions"
or "External filters".
somebody (me ?) may create new "External plugins" page with plugins list only. Or may be this page may be created automatically (from category).

Plugin is DLL file, not AVS script.
"Function" is more common term, "Filter" is even more general term.

Why classification of Internal filters is differ from classification of External filters?

Ann do not understand, why you set category for YLevels as
"Categories: External plugins | Script functions"

What is double category for? And how it works?
As logical AND or logical OR?

IMHO, if it is AND, the for YLevels it could be:
Categories: Script Filter | Adjustment Filters

may be:
Categories: Script Filter | Levels and Chroma Adjustment Filters

may be:
Categories: Script Filter | Filters for image processing

Some additional question. Consider current classification:
Restoration filters - Chroma correction
Adjustment Filters - Levels and Chroma

Most of them make uniform full-frame color adjustment. IMHO Color matrix, YLevels and other must be in one category (Color adjustment?) with ColorYUV, Invert and some other interrnal filters.

And so on.

Bottom line: different peoples will use different classification (categories).

Is it possible to have many:

RichardB_Categories: External plugins | Script functions
Fizick_Categories: Script Filter | Color adjustment Filter

?
Old 9th May 2007, 01:53   #100  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

Quote:
I'm not sure we are on the same wavelength, because (imo) we need a short summary of all the scripts and external plugins on one page.
Yes. Right now that page is External_plugins. I agree with Fizick we should rename to External_filters. (I don't like External_functions -- sounds too much like the Function script keyword)

Categories are logical OR. If you add [[Category:1]] and [[Category:2]] to a page then it will show up on Special:Category1 and Special:Category2. You can add as many as you want.

So, if you tag each DLL plugin page with [[Category:External plugins]] then a page with only those plugins will be automatically created. Same for [[Category:Script functions]].

The proposal is thus: each filter page gets added to at least 2 categories. Either External_filters + Script_functions, or External_filters + External_plugins. In addition, we will create a user-friendly guide called External_filters.

We could use categories for organization into Source Filters, Color Filters, etc. but I think that is too much work. We need to manually create a page for this anyway so we can have short descriptions. If we decide to re-organize, only 1 page needs to be changed. Of course, if we have volunteer labor to spare, we can do both

The only downside to the central External_filters page is that people adding new filters need to remember to edit it. (adding Category:blah won't be enough) The benefit, if they do remember, is to upload directly -- no need to bother WarpEnterprises.

Quote:
RichardB_Categories: External plugins | Script functions
Fizick_Categories: Script Filter | Color adjustment Filter
Maybe, but let's find a better way

On the other hand, feel free to add Category:Fizick_plugins to the pages for FFT3DFilter, MvTools, etc. That is useful.