Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > NLE - Non Linear Editing

Old 23rd July 2013, 15:34   #1  |  Link
ProVision

Premiere Pro CS6 Issue...

Hi,

I have bought a new computer and on my old computer I was using as an output AVI with the x264vfw codec. Now that I've installed K-Lite, x264vfw and x264vfw64 there is no option to encode using x264vfw. How can I get that back again as I really rely on that, I will now try and see if XviD works or not. And for future references, these AVI codecs should they be 64-bit or 32-bit?

Thanks for your time!
ProVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 23:03   #2  |  Link
ProVision

Please help.. BUMP?
Old 27th July 2013, 00:19   #3  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Premiere cs6 is x64 bit only. So every single codec you want to use with it should be x64. And adobe software can be quite picky. Literally anything can mess it up. I had times when I removed some empty folder in my documents, and it caused problems even though that folder never used by the software. This is how bad it is. So you should avoid installing 32bit filters at all.
Then, if you even started to deal with professional software, you should consider avoiding things like codec packs. You should know what are you doing, and packs are for those who don't.
Unlikely someone can provide any more help as it is likely you just did something wrong. Remove everything you installed (except premiere), check if there any files/folders left in program files, appdata and system32. If yes - remove them. Then install only latest x264vfw64. If still doesn't works - try not very latest x264vfw64 (maybe they introduced some bug lately). If still no go - consider using intermediate format and then encode it to x264 using different application. In fact this is the most correct way to do things. Premiere is not an encoding application (though AME is) and using it to render into final format directly is suboptimal. Especially through vfw.
Also after you reinstall x264vfw64, try using virtualdub x64 to check if you have access to it.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 27th July 2013 at 00:29.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 11:14   #4  |  Link
ProVision

Thanks man. It worked. I just use Premiere Pro to do some filtering, then I demux and feed it onto AVIDemux for further filtering and then encoding.