Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th January 2006, 01:54   #1  |  Link
ojisan

Request simple feature in RB pro

I was wondering if you could add a make iso button or menu command. It is kind of a waste of time to have to rebuild the video_ts folders I just made to build an iso because I forgot to check the make ISO menu item.

BTW I love DVD-RB pro. It is much better than DVD-RB free. I'd also love to have the bitrate (min/max) added to an advance option panel.
ojisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 13:04   #2  |  Link
jdobbs

Funny you'd mention that. At one time I'd added that as an option and it was in several versions. Then I used it once and found out there was a bug in it... so I disabled it until I could get around to working on it. I then forgot about it.

Interestingly enough... nobody noticed it was missing.
Old 18th January 2006, 19:00   #3  |  Link
jptheripper

i would like it as well, i often like to check the files before proceeding to the iso stage. maybe a button that appears only after rebuild that says "build iso" for example. It would also be very useful in adding dvdrom features back into the disk prior to iso'ing
jptheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 20:19   #4  |  Link
apfraats
Banned

@jptheripper

That's an interesting point you mention.

I also have had DVD's also containing DVD-ROM material, but I alsways lost that information after ripping.

Can you tell me or otherwise provide me a link of how to compress the DVD part and buring a DVD that also includes thr ROM features ?
apfraats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 20:40   #5  |  Link
jptheripper

after you do the rebuild, simply copy the ROM items over to the dvdfiles folder. then burn
jptheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 08:58   #6  |  Link
betard

As oppose to starting a new thread titled the same I would also like to add a small request, in addition to supporting ojisan's request.

Would it be possible at all for the "Status Log" to include the amount that "Steal Space From Extras" is set to?

As you obviously know it now says:
Quote:
- "Steal Space from Extras" mode is enabled.
But it would be nice if it was:
Quote:
- "Steal Space from Extras: 33%" mode is enabled.
or
Quote:
- "Steal Space from Extras (33%)" mode is enabled.
The reason I ask is sometimes I (as well as many users I am sure) run the "Prepare" step a few times to see what the best results are. I like to keep my "Feature Bitrate" above 3,000kbs. So while there are time you know for sure that the DVD is has so much extra crap that you need to do 50%. But Othertimes when the extras are minimal I find I might first do a run with 0%, then 33%, and if nec. 50%, now of course if you leave this for a few days (or over a week as it so happens), then you may forget what settings got you which results by reading the log.

I realize this is certainly not vital, but some would argue you can never have too much information, and in this case its just a "little" more.
betard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 11:27   #7  |  Link
jdobbs

Sure. That's easy enough to do.
Old 20th January 2006, 19:08   #8  |  Link
betard

awesome! I thought it might be simple enough, but I also have very little programming skills. I look forward to it!
Old 27th January 2006, 05:36   #9  |  Link
betard

Thanks jdobbs!

got my update email today and noticed:

- Added the selected reduction percentage to the
"Steal Space from Extras is enabled" line that
is displayed and logged.

I know its not a significant change, but its appreciated.
Old 27th January 2006, 07:22   #10  |  Link
gobama05
DVD freak

Absolutely, this program just keeps on getting better and better. In a word, it rocks!
gobama05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 08:35   #11  |  Link
l8nights
~Valinor~

go bama that's 2 words!

I would just like to know if there is any development on the original suggestion for create iso mode as if it's forgotten it becomes a pain folder2iso and other apps haven't been the most reliable for me and I'm a dvdd/imgburn fanatic!

this is more of a big request but would ease some user error headaches!
l8
Old 28th January 2006, 19:28   #12  |  Link
hallway

I know there's a thread for features aiming for the 1.10 release but I'm not worried about a timeframe personally for this one. I hope it's not hijacking this thread either.... I mean, the title isn't specific to ONE feature.

Anyway, and this may be a limitation of Windows, but I may have 2-3 or more ISOs queued up ready to work on. When I do this, in my "work" and "destination" pre-defined folders, I'll create sub-folders using the name of the movies. What I don't like is that when I go to define those two paths, I start out with the "Browse for folder" dialog looking at

Desktop
- My Documents
- My Computer (in my case)
--- C_Drive
--- D_Drive
-----DVDs
-------DVD-RB Work
--------- [name of DVD here]
-------DVD-RB Complete
--------- [name of DVD here]
- My Network Places

and so on. I have to drill down to My Computer, then the drive, then the folder, then the sub-folder, and so on. It would be really nice if it would remember the last-used folder. You then have to repeat that sequence for the destination folder too.

Or, how about an option that DVD-RB auto-creates the appropriate folders based on the DVD's volume name ??
hallway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 23:34   #13  |  Link
hallway

Another variation of my above request:

How about support for drag-n-drop ?? I've started doing this with ImgBurn, for example, since I have to drill down in the same folder structure as noted when looking for the ISO image that DVD-RB creates. Yes, I know I can automate all of that through DVD-RB but sometimes I want to check the resultant "video" before burning it.
hallway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 23:59   #14  |  Link
wfn1
teh 8bit fool

well since it looks like jdobbs is in a giving mood maybe i'll ask for something too

it really rock if the source/destinatio/work path fields were be editable and had a keyboard shortcut.. so you could just type in the directories instead of browsing to them (vi habits die hard)

btw the iso button idea which started this thread is great
wfn1 is offline   Reply With Quote