Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 4th July 2005, 04:19   #1  |  Link
jarthel
plebian

maybe a bug

I have recently used batch processing feature of dvd-rb. My son turned off the PC so I requeued the projects I have there.

Unfortunately, dvd-rb reencoded everything in the last project being processed last time. I thought it's suppose to skip those .avs that has already been encoded.

any ideas?

Thanks

ps. I titled the thread "maybe a bug" since I'm not sure it's a bug or some code missing to implement it.
jarthel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2005, 05:11   #2  |  Link
wmansir

Batch mode uses 1-click mode, which always starts from the beginning of a project. Only 3-click mode can resume the encode phase.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2005, 05:17   #3  |  Link
k2002rahmani

This is not really a bug per se. The same thing happens when doing a one-click encode. It will start all over if the one-click is encoded, even if prepare and/or encode has completely finished (or at least started, as in your case). If you deselect one-click mode, you can indeed resume from where you last left off by clicking the appropriate button. But by clicking BACKUP or START (as in batch), you are going to see it starting over.

I don't think this would eb a difficult feature for jdobbs to implement, but he is probably pretty busy right now reading all the "bugs" that people have posted.

To me, it seems the code would be simple for a one-click encode resume. After one-click encode has been clicked, the command would just check if the prepare has finished, or if the encode has finished or started. In either scenario, the command would then execute the encode command, rather than starting over. I think the same strategy could be used for batch encode resume.

EDIT: Thanks wmansir. I was typing this when you posted so I didn't realize you answered before me.
Old 4th July 2005, 05:41   #4  |  Link
wmansir

Re: 1-click resume

There would still have to be a prompt to ask the user if they want to attempt to resume or start over. And it would have to be different from the current 3-click resume prompt, because it would have to start all the way back at the prepare stage. In 3-click mode the user can hit the 'prepare' button to start from scratch, but 1-click only has one button.
wmansir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2005, 07:43   #5  |  Link
k2002rahmani

Still, doesnt seem difficult.....