Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th June 2024, 06:51   #10601  |  Link
alex1399
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
Wonder when will the option of fast seek (on keyframe) will come back.
alex1399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2024, 11:52   #10602  |  Link
v0lt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,024
@alex1399
This option was not removed.
View > Options > Playback > Fast seek (on keyframe)
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2024, 14:58   #10603  |  Link
GCRaistlin
Registered User
 
GCRaistlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
For me all is working, position remember.
The issue isn't that the position is not remembered but that the sample DVD shows the clip with papers instead of the menu.
__________________
Windows 8.1 x64

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2024, 06:20   #10604  |  Link
v0lt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
The issue isn't that the position is not remembered but that the sample DVD shows the clip with papers instead of the menu.
If we are talking about remembering a position in the DVD-Video menu, then I think the most correct solution would be to use the method of saving the position implemented for the Favorites list.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 11:06   #10605  |  Link
Thatsnotbetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
Can you implement the option of renaming and deleting the video file which is currently being played?

Some weeks ago it was working, I could rename the file while it was playing. But recently it stopped working, it says the file is "in use" by mpc be.
Thatsnotbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 13:24   #10606  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !
 
Emulgator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: close to the wall
Posts: 1,632
I'd say this can not work. Any video playing app has to have at least one open handle on that file,
and any filesystem would become inconsistent if renaming/deleting is attempted with open handle.
(Exemption would be playing from an unprotected RAM cache, but where is focus then, you would have to delete the parent file in Explorer).

Different with picture flipping (lets say IrfanView), there you may try deleting/renaming a file while you flip through an album.
There for each picture a handle is opened and closed milliseconds after decoding, so only in (1 of files in folder) cases this will collide.
__________________
"To bypass shortcuts and find suffering...is called QUALity" (Die toten Augen von Friedrichshain)
"Data reduction ? Yep, Sir. We're that issue working on. Synce invntoin uf lingöage..."
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 18:00   #10607  |  Link
v0lt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Can you implement the option of renaming and deleting the video file which is currently being played?

Some weeks ago it was working, I could rename the file while it was playing. But recently it stopped working, it says the file is "in use" by mpc be.
Nothing has changed in opening files recently. I won't "improve" what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
I'd say this can not work. Any video playing app has to have at least one open handle on that file,
and any filesystem would become inconsistent if renaming/deleting is attempted with open handle.
It works on my PC. I can rename the MKV file opened in MPC-BE (all filters are built-in) and delete it to the recycle bin. Playback will not be interrupted.

This may not work in some situations. Some source filters may not support this mode of opening files.

PS: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...pi-createfilew, see FILE_SHARE_DELETE

Last edited by v0lt; 18th June 2024 at 18:41.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 22:01   #10608  |  Link
Thatsnotbetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
It works on my PC. I can rename the MKV file opened in MPC-BE (all filters are built-in) and delete it to the recycle bin. Playback will not be interrupted.

This may not work in some situations. Some source filters may not support this mode of opening files.
Hmm so something changed in my setup, I am somehow using a different source filter which is now blocking the renaming of files?

.wmv files are renaming without problem, but .mkv and .mp4 files are not. I am using LAVFilters and MadVR, so perhaps one of those is to blame.

Last edited by Thatsnotbetter; 18th June 2024 at 22:05.
Thatsnotbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 23:50   #10609  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !
 
Emulgator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: close to the wall
Posts: 1,632
Thanks for the information about FILE_SHARE_DELETE, v0lt, this explains the dwShareMode structure needed for reopening to me.
And there seems to be the got-to-be-result: If access can be shared, one access can be deletion.
Maybe executed after closing the first handle ?
__________________
"To bypass shortcuts and find suffering...is called QUALity" (Die toten Augen von Friedrichshain)
"Data reduction ? Yep, Sir. We're that issue working on. Synce invntoin uf lingöage..."
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 00:03   #10610  |  Link
lvqcl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
(all filters are built-in)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsnotbetter View Post
I am using LAVFilters
well...
lvqcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 02:10   #10611  |  Link
thrawnrulz68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 60
Hi All,

I can't seem to get the audio to play correctly on this file whether it is downloaded or streamed right from the YouTube link itself:

https://youtu.be/dXtdig2K504?si=vOj12klVVT0OmKKT

I have tried both DirectSound and MPC Audio Renderer and both LAV Filters and MPC-BE internal filters.

The new Microsoft Media Player plays it correctly.

Any suggestions?
thrawnrulz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 03:53   #10612  |  Link
Sunspark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 514
Works fine for me, I'm using yt-dlp though.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 04:49   #10613  |  Link
v0lt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsnotbetter View Post
Hmm so something changed in my setup, I am somehow using a different source filter which is now blocking the renaming of files?
View > Options > Miscellaneous > Setup Mangament > Reset
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 09:26   #10614  |  Link
Aleksoid1978
Registered User
 
Aleksoid1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia, Vladivostok
Posts: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnrulz68 View Post
Hi All,

I can't seem to get the audio to play correctly on this file whether it is downloaded or streamed right from the YouTube link itself:

https://youtu.be/dXtdig2K504?si=vOj12klVVT0OmKKT

I have tried both DirectSound and MPC Audio Renderer and both LAV Filters and MPC-BE internal filters.

The new Microsoft Media Player plays it correctly.

Any suggestions?
Play perfect.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 /GIGABYTE B450 Gaming X /Patriot 32Gb@3200 /Kingston 500Gb M.2 /RTX 4060 /Samsung U28R550UQI /OLED Philips 55OLED707 /Yamaha RX-V471 + NS-555 + NS-C444 + NS-333 + YST-SW215
Aleksoid1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 13:47   #10615  |  Link
wyup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Bilbao, Spain
Posts: 20
Anybody having problems with latest 1.7.2 x64 with madVR, default values and filters for both?
I'm using Intel UHD Graphics 770, Driver 31.0.101.5590.
Screenshot files render well, but the window image looks like snow noise.
wyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 16:08   #10616  |  Link
v0lt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyup View Post
Anybody having problems with latest 1.7.2 x64 with madVR, default values and filters for both?
I think the problem is with madVR, not MPC-BE. There is a separate topic on madVR.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2024, 19:57   #10617  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 10,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyup View Post
Anybody having problems with latest 1.7.2 x64 with madVR, default values and filters for both?
I'm using Intel UHD Graphics 770, Driver 31.0.101.5590.
Screenshot files render well, but the window image looks like snow noise.
I got a similar report the other day, seems to be the latest driver. Roll back by one version and it works again.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2024, 08:32   #10618  |  Link
GCRaistlin
Registered User
 
GCRaistlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
If we are talking about remembering a position in the DVD-Video menu, then I think the most correct solution would be to use the method of saving the position implemented for the Favorites list.
If [x] Remember DVD position option is on then MPC-BE plays the sample DVD incorrectly: it doesn't show the menu at all and goes straight to the clip with papers. The same issue was on MPC-HC, and clsid has already fixed it there.
__________________
Windows 8.1 x64

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2024, 16:02   #10619  |  Link
v0lt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
If [x] Remember DVD position option is on then MPC-BE plays the sample DVD incorrectly: it doesn't show the menu at all and goes straight to the clip with papers.
I was unable to reproduce your problem ("clip with papers"). Both players do not remember the DVD menu position absolutely correctly. I will suggest you to create an Issue and record a video of your actions in MPC-BE and MPC-HC.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2024, 18:06   #10620  |  Link
GCRaistlin
Registered User
 
GCRaistlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
I was unable to reproduce your problem ("clip with papers").
Close the player after checking [x] Remember DVD position, open it again and start playing the DVD.
__________________
Windows 8.1 x64

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.