Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 18th April 2014, 21:25   #1  |  Link
lisztfr9

Avisynth + VD resulting file size

Hi all,

I read something about XVid missing the file size' target in some cases. I'm wondering about following results, i'm using an Avi stream, codec = Xvid 1.0.3, nothing special, kbps = 1280.

1) Feeding it directly into VD, using the last Xvid codec for compression, single pass, get estimated filesize about 1,3 GB

2) Feeding VD with following script :

video=AviSource("C:\...\L'oro Di Napoli.avi")

return video

=> In the second case, the file is about 1GB bigger, according to the Xvid estimation witch i found quite correct. Why, avisynth is just carrying the stream to VD... doing nothing ?

Thanks, L

(Sorry i can't enable tags...maybe addblock ?)

Edit : ffdshow isn't the culprit, since AviSource doesn't use it. At least it seems to me... DirectShowSource use it.

It maybe the audio stream, witch is decompressed with avisynth. Please forget it

Last edited by lisztfr9; 18th April 2014 at 22:54.
lisztfr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 01:31   #2  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztfr9 View Post
2) Feeding VD with following script :

video=AviSource("C:\...\L'oro Di Napoli.avi")

return video

=> In the second case, the file is about 1GB bigger, according to the Xvid estimation witch i found quite correct. Why, avisynth is just carrying the stream to VD... doing nothing ?
That is all that your script does, i.e., passes the decompressed video to VirtualDub. Then you set compression in VirtualDub and away you go. Did I miss something?

You should check the output color spaces for the two streams. That could account for a difference. All your encode settings should be the same in the two cases.

Last edited by Guest; 19th April 2014 at 01:33.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote