Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 7th July 2014, 16:11   #1  |  Link
rhaz

Is DVD Rebuilder still the best solution around?

It's been like ten years of using DVD Rebuilder and CCE2, since it doesn't support CCE3 and last version was updated like when? Six years ago? Does it even support multiple threads? Encoding today with it feels so outdated and slow...

Well anyway, I want to ask hardcore DVD fans (since DVD isn't that popular anymore since Blu-rays, but still a lot of titles comes out on DVD only) what is the best solution today to compress the DVDs to 4.37 DVDRs? is it still DVDRB with CCE2? Really outdated and hard to believe if it's best solution around.

So please share your thoughts what are the best current setups to get best quality encodes and use up CPU resources respectively?
rhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 16:50   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

1) At this, the Doom9 Forum, referring to any program as "best" is not appreciated, as "best" is subjective.

2) Suffice it to say that "DVD Rebuilder" despite, or perhaps due to its lack of recent changes, still appears to be a very much favored DVD conversion/ compression program.

Last edited by setarip_old; 7th July 2014 at 19:27.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 17:37   #3  |  Link
rhaz

I meant not the best program, but best settings and encoders, and I mentioned DVD Rebuilder because it's its subforum, I didn't name any other software. I was wondering maybe there were better settings and encoders than CCE2 for DVD Rebuilder? Since there's CCE3, but can't run.
Old 7th July 2014, 18:37   #4  |  Link
jdobbs

I can't think of any other method that will give you comparable results in terms of quality. But, that doesn't necessarily imply "best". There are, for example, faster methods and perhaps methods that don't burden you with as many options. I think that's probably the only thing I would change if I had to do it again. Most of the settings never need to be changed, and some of them sound like gibberish to someone who is unfamiliar with MPEG terms. I just added too many settings in order to try and satisfy everyone. More hidden options and fewer menu/settings dialog options probably would have been better.

The main reason it is no longer developed is that I stopped getting consequential bug reports, and frankly ran out of meaningful new features to add. That, and the fact that I started spending most of my free time on BD Rebuilder.

I decided not to support CCE3 because I got tired of the authors completely revamping their settings layout with every new release (resulting in many hours of recoding on my part). It is also my belief that HCEncode has progressed to a point at which its quality is as good as CCE -- and its price (free) is better.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2014 at 18:49.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 19:36   #5  |  Link
rhaz

Hey thanks for reply. Last version was released like over two years ago for CCE3, so just stick with that for example. Would be really nice. And does anyone know if there's difference between 5 passes or is it 10 passes (in picture quality terms)? And does it use up all threads in i3? Because when encoding I can do anything while at it, feels like it's not using up the resources. So, if there's no bugs, would be nice to improve it in other ways, not just bugs. Oh and like I said before, a lot of DVDs, especially the local ones I get, on smaller countries you know, local distributors don't do Blu-rays simply because the market is too small, or movie budget was too low and etc. So abandoning DVDRB just because of Blu-ray superiority is sad ;/
Old 7th July 2014, 19:58   #6  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaz View Post
Hey thanks for reply. Last version was released like over two years ago for CCE3, so just stick with that for example. Would be really nice. And does anyone know if there's difference between 5 passes or is it 10 passes (in picture quality terms)? And does it use up all threads in i3? Because when encoding I can do anything while at it, feels like it's not using up the resources. So, if there's no bugs, would be nice to improve it in other ways, not just bugs. Oh and like I said before, a lot of DVDs, especially the local ones I get, on smaller countries you know, local distributors don't do Blu-rays simply because the market is too small, or movie budget was too low and etc. So abandoning DVDRB just because of Blu-ray superiority is sad ;/
Honestly you get close to 99% of what you can expect at 2 passes. A third pass will get you to the best you will see. Anything beyond that is just placebo. Custom Technology (the people who develop CCE) used to tell you that you hit the maximum quality threshold at 3 passes in their manual -- but I think they decided the multiple pass thing was too good of a sales point and they took it out.

In theoretical terms you should have all the data you need to do an optimal encode after a single analytical pass... so two passes should be the maximum ever needed.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2014 at 20:03.
Old 13th July 2014, 23:38   #7  |  Link
thescrapyard

I have tried a few encoders, but for quality over speed nothing touches DVD-RB as it basically takes the source DVD apart and rebuilds it to match the available bitrate, which is why its much slower than those that get their speed from trying (and usually failing) to remove the bitrates of the sources they 'think' you won't notice, its IS noticeable especially now on very large LED TVs that are 60" and upwards with screen quality much much clearer than 5 years ago where the majority were still using tubed TV's that maybe reached 27" if you had the money and space

DVD-RB is probably one of the very few encoders that FULLY supports AviSynth, so that factor on its own is a massive plus point for anybody processing very old DVDs and trying to clean them up and keeping the originals that are now probably deleted so very difficult to buy again if damaged

I still run DVD-RB but use it with AviSynth 2.6.0.4 and HCEnc 0.27 without any issues in multi-threaded support for AviSynth. Unless I'm running very slow filters can quite easily achieve 150+ FPS without much effort and without any filtering easily reach 300+ FPS so its not slow, the slow issues are usually down to the users hardware. HCEnc will happily take a smuch CPU as it can take almost to 100%, it your CPU isn't running at 100% its because HCEnc can't run any faster due to the massive increases in CPU and memory speeds from 5 years ago so just doesn't need to take all your CPU cycles

I haven't updated my CPU or memory in about 2 years now, but I am running an Intel i5 2500k running at 4.5ghz with 16GB of pretty fast memory so unless I upgrade to an i7 then I'm not really going to see much more of a speed increase, and its not worth the extra £200 it will cost me for maybe 20% speed increase, as the Intel i5 is running about its limits with an air cooler (but its a BIG very efficient air cooler so isn't overworked heat wise in an Antec 1200 case with plenty of cooling fans keeping ambient temps down)

HCEnc pretty much matches CCE2, and 2 passes is plenty unless your really anal and want to push it to 9 passes using CCE. Each pass after 2 passes is much much more time for very little gain as each pass just adjusts the bitrate tighter and tighter for some scenes. Very high action movies (like Star Wars) apparently did see the extra passes help. But they are a minority and the majority manage with 2 passes

If your using an i3 then your not getting the best from your system as well, have a quick read of this I just found that hopefully explains it

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/art...t-for-you-475/

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/articl...ore_i3_i5_i7_/
thescrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 03:31   #8  |  Link
dr_ml422

Pro Version DVD-RB

Is the Pro Version still available for donation support? If so please let me know so I can get it. I've been playing around with some of the more modern apps, and actually haven't seen much to be really that impressed. I downloaded the free version and about 3 times it got stuck on that M2 V file. I read up and saw it might either be an AviSynth issue, or support for more movies with Angles etc... This was with CCE 2.76. I switched to HCEnc and had no problem. I noticed in the install it gives you where to point the different CCE versions. I chose the option with just CCE 2 and pointed it to the CCE 2.76 .exe. Anyway I'm very much interested in getting the Pro Version.
Let me know if this is the correct thread also. I'm new. Thanks.
Does CCE have to be opened up and tinkered with also?
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 10:15   #9  |  Link
thescrapyard

As far as I know the PRO version is still available. I recently reinstalled DVD-Pro and got my PRO keyfile from my email address. I registered literally years ago

Sometimes there can be a delay between registering and getting your keyfile, depends how busy he is, but a quick email usually gets it much quicker than waiting for him to update the DVD-RB Pro keys

I've tried a few similar software but always go back to DVD-RB Pro. Its not as fast as some, but thats for the reason of HCEnc and quality is better than speed. It also fixes some DVDs that simply won't play correctly, but DVD-RB Pro fixes any crappy authoring errors by companies rushing out cheap DVDs

If you are also interested in video to DVD, have a look at AVStoDVD. Similar idea but accepts pretty much any video file source and converts it to a true DVD, with menu if needed, and also uses AviSynth and HCEnc so teh quality is about a sbest a syou can get. The fact that it supports AviSynth is a BIG plus point. I also have VSO ComvertXtoDVD but don't use that much anymore as its so slow compared to AVStoDVD even if using AviSynth filters

https://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/

You can also use the last version of HCEnc 0.28, just replace the one in the HCEnc folder with the one from HCENc 0.28, BUT you NEED to rename it from HCenc_028.exe to HCbatch.exe for it to work

http://hank315.nl/

You can also update the included AviSynth to the last release, I think its 2.60 as I use AviSynth+ instead for true multithreading and improved filters

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Avisynth

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page

Just loaded up DVD-RB Pro and its now recognising AviSynth+ as installed, that used to be a royal pain to get to work, but I guess the AviSynth+ installer does a much better job than it did when it was first released

AviSynth+, in my opinion, is much faster and has a LOT of multi-threading support now built-in instead of a hack. Also, a LOT of older and new AviSynth filters have been updated with bugs finally fixed or improved and also now available in 64-bit versions

https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthPlus/releases

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175170

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168856

Last edited by thescrapyard; 19th February 2019 at 10:18.
thescrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 13:25   #10  |  Link
jdobbs

If you want the Pro Version just send an Amazon gift card to dvd-rb@jdobbs.net. Mention DVD-RB Pro in the comment accompanying the donation. If you've ever donated before (to DVD-RB or BD-RB) you can just send an e-mail request to that address (mention your registered e-mail address) and download links will be forwarded to you. Once you are a VIP you stay that way for life.
Old 19th February 2019, 23:25   #11  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
If you want the Pro Version just send an Amazon gift card
Based on your location make sure it is Amazon.com, not uk, ca or whatever
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 20:04   #12  |  Link
dr_ml422

Great!

@jdobbs Thank you so much! Everything should be soon its way really soon. I have a quick question. Should CCE be set up to run as is on windows 10 or should I use the compatibility option for some other version of MS? Thanks.

I forgot to mention my e-mail address with the donation from Amazon. Do they send you a link or something or do they handle the rest of the transaction? Thanks.

@thescrapyard Yes the latest Avisynth is working, though I think its the 32 bit version. Will the 64 bit version work with DVD Rebuilder Basic or Pro? I wonder if it'll make a difference. Sometimes the 64 bit version of apps dealing with video don't really make that much of a splash. Might just give that HCenc 0.28 a shot if the latest DVD-RB Pro doesn't already include it.

Last edited by dr_ml422; 24th February 2019 at 20:16. Reason: Forgot some detail.
Old 25th February 2019, 13:55   #13  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ml422 View Post
@jdobbs Thank you so much! Everything should be soon its way really soon. I have a quick question. Should CCE be set up to run as is on windows 10 or should I use the compatibility option for some other version of MS? Thanks.

I forgot to mention my e-mail address with the donation from Amazon. Do they send you a link or something or do they handle the rest of the transaction? Thanks.

@thescrapyard Yes the latest Avisynth is working, though I think its the 32 bit version. Will the 64 bit version work with DVD Rebuilder Basic or Pro? I wonder if it'll make a difference. Sometimes the 64 bit version of apps dealing with video don't really make that much of a splash. Might just give that HCenc 0.28 a shot if the latest DVD-RB Pro doesn't already include it.
If CCE was already installed on your system when you upgraded to Windows 10 there should be no issues (that's what I did). But honestly, I stopped using CCE and went with HCEncoder exclusively -- as I think it rose to a quality level that was equal to CCE.

I sent you a PM regarding your e-mail address.

In my tests I only saw negligible differences when I used the 64 bit version so I've stuck with the 32 bit.
Old 25th February 2019, 19:29   #14  |  Link
dr_ml422

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If CCE was already installed on your system when you upgraded to Windows 10 there should be no issues (that's what I did). But honestly, I stopped using CCE and went with HCEncoder exclusively -- as I think it rose to a quality level that was equal to CCE.

I sent you a PM regarding your e-mail address.

In my tests I only saw negligible differences when I used the 64 bit version so I've stuck with the 32 bit.
Thank you very much.

I installed CCE afterwards and the only issue that came up was when writing the M2V file which on another thread explained it was due to either Angles or interleaves on the source. Same source HCEncoder took care of except for 2 which probably was taken care of in the Pro Version. Should I use the DVD Rebuilder Pro as is or do that small hack to include the 0.28 version if not included already? Thanks.

64 bit computing is only advantageous with certain computer tasks. Even burning will not produce better results with a 64 bit burning app if there is one.
Old 26th February 2019, 00:45   #15  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ml422 View Post
Thank you very much.

I installed CCE afterwards and the only issue that came up was when writing the M2V file which on another thread explained it was due to either Angles or interleaves on the source. Same source HCEncoder took care of except for 2 which probably was taken care of in the Pro Version. Should I use the DVD Rebuilder Pro as is or do that small hack to include the 0.28 version if not included already? Thanks.

64 bit computing is only advantageous with certain computer tasks. Even burning will not produce better results with a 64 bit burning app if there is one.
I would just use the version that is included with DVD-RB. Most of the changes involved in later versions don't necessarily apply to the DVD-RB uses it.
Old 4th March 2019, 18:00   #16  |  Link
dr_ml422

Everything is great! Unbelievable job when encoding to DVD-5 from default DVD-9 commercial DVDs. I just want to ask if you noticed a small bug when making changes to the current project and then commencing as usual? I had made several 100% no compression backups with no problems. I changed settings to HC Full backup of Movies and Menus etc... and loaded the file. I had create iso image and burn with imgburn checked, as well as delete all files after successful completion. What happened was some image way over @6GB plus and so no way to burn to DVD-5. Used common sense and closed DVD Rebuilder Pro, then opened and set same movie after another clean rip and this time burn directly from file with imgburn no iso. Results were immaculate albeit a small bit of extra material with the output size. So I'm thinking just maybe it still had the 100% no compression going on without closing? After closing and reopening was the refresh settings applied? Thanks.
Old 14th March 2019, 00:21   #17  |  Link
dr_ml422

I just put in my first clean rip after reinstalling and a pop-up told me the settings I'm using are going to cause oversizing. Now I checked no director's comments and even set extras to slideshow. I really don't think it should be saying anything like this since a fixed DVD-5 setting is in place? Has to be small bug. Had no problems with DVD-RB Basic. Oh Menu Encoding was checked. I'll put the same flic in and just do a normal backup to see what happens.
Old 14th March 2019, 01:50   #18  |  Link
jdobbs

It isn't a bug. You've implemented a non-standard setting that overrides sizing. If you don't want to have sizing issues... don't use a setting that causes it.

If you had posted the exact message you got -- I may have been able to tell you which setting is the issue... but "a pop-up" doesn't help much. But usually it is because you have used the segment editor and forced the condition.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th March 2019 at 01:57.
Old 14th March 2019, 04:53   #19  |  Link
dr_ml422

I'm using the Rockas interface and there's no start button anywhere? I see my movie, the audio, everything just no button to start the 1click mode? Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It isn't a bug. You've implemented a non-standard setting that overrides sizing. If you don't want to have sizing issues... don't use a setting that causes it.

If you had posted the exact message you got -- I may have been able to tell you which setting is the issue... but "a pop-up" doesn't help much. But usually it is because you have used the segment editor and forced the condition.
Which setting as I don't even know how to set anything up other than default? Here's the log of that job. First I didn't run that job after I got that pop up. I set it to HC=Encoder, DVD-5 output and to basic Full backup with menus etc... If there's a default button then I'll hit that, though it's been kinda buggy.

Code:
[19:30:00] One Click encoding activated...
-----------------
[19:30:01] Phase I, PREPARATION started.
- DVD-RB v1.28.2
- AVISYNTH 2.6.0.6
- HC v0.23.0.0 encoder selected 
- Source: GODS_OF_EGYPT
- VTS_01: 3,227,379 sectors.
-- Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files
-- Processed 220,039 frames.
-- Building .AVS and .ECL files
- VTS_06: 111,892 sectors.
-- Processed 9,212 frames.
- VTS_07: 63,059 sectors.
-- Processed 4,937 frames.
- VTS_08: 395,963 sectors.
-- Processed 32,552 frames.
- VTS_14: 3,227,379 sectors.
- VTS_15: 3,227,379 sectors.
- VTS_16: 3,227,379 sectors.
- Reduction Level for DVD-5: .1%
- Overall Bitrate : 500/400Kbs
- Space for Video : 12,046KB
- HIGH/LOW/TYPICAL Bitrates: 400/400/400 Kbs
[19:40:04] Phase I, PREPARATION completed in 10 minutes.
[19:40:04] Phase II ENCODING started
 - Extracting Video for VTS_01 segment 0
 - Extracting Video for VTS_01 segment 1
 - Extracting Video for VTS_01 segment 2
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 3
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 4
 - Extracting Video for VTS_01 segment 5
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 6
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 7
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 8
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 9
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 10
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 11
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 12
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 13
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 14
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 15
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 16
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 17
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 18
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 19
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 20
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 21
 - Extracting Video for VTS_01 segment 22
 - Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 23
 - Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 0
 - Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 1
 - Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 2
 - Extracting Video for VTS_06 segment 3
 - Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 0
 - Extracting Video for VTS_07 segment 1
 - Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 2
 - Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 0
 - Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 1
 - Extracting Video for VTS_08 segment 2
 - Extracting Video for VTS_14 segment 0
 - Extracting Video for VTS_14 segment 1
 - Extracting Video for VTS_14 segment 2
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 3
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 4
 - Extracting Video for VTS_14 segment 5
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 6
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 7
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 8
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 9
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 10
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 11
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 12
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 13
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 14
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 15
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 16
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 17
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 18
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 19
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 20
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 21
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 22
 - Extracting Video for VTS_14 segment 23
 - Creating M2V for VTS_14 segment 24
 - Extracting Video for VTS_15 segment 0
 - Extracting Video for VTS_15 segment 1
 - Extracting Video for VTS_15 segment 2
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 3
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 4
 - Extracting Video for VTS_15 segment 5
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 6
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 7
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 8
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 9
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 10
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 11
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 12
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 13
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 14
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 15
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 16
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 17
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 18
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 19
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 20
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 21
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 22
 - Extracting Video for VTS_15 segment 23
 - Creating M2V for VTS_15 segment 24
 - Extracting Video for VTS_16 segment 0
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 1
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 2
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 3
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 4
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 5
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 6
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 7
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 8
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 9
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 10
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 11
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 12
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 13
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 14
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 15
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 16
 - Creating M2V for VTS_16 segment 17
 - Extracting Video for VTS_16 segment 18
[23:13:48] Phase II ENCODING completed in  213 minutes.
[23:13:48] Phase III, REBUILD started.
- Copying IFO, BUP, and unaltered files...
- Processing VTS_01
  - Reading/processing TMAP table...
  - Rebuilding seg 0 VOBID 1 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 1 VOBID 1 CELLID 2
  - Rebuilding seg 2 VOBID 1 CELLID 3
  - Rebuilding seg 3 VOBID 1 CELLID 4
  - Updating NAVPACKS for VOBID_01
  - Rebuilding seg 4 VOBID 2 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 5 VOBID 2 CELLID 2
  - Updating NAVPACKS for VOBID_02
  - Rebuilding seg 6 VOBID 3 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 7 VOBID 3 CELLID 2
  - Rebuilding seg 8 VOBID 3 CELLID 3
  - Rebuilding seg 9 VOBID 3 CELLID 4
  - Rebuilding seg 10 VOBID 3 CELLID 5
  - Rebuilding seg 11 VOBID 3 CELLID 6
  - Rebuilding seg 12 VOBID 3 CELLID 7
  - Rebuilding seg 13 VOBID 3 CELLID 8
  - Rebuilding seg 14 VOBID 3 CELLID 9
  - Rebuilding seg 15 VOBID 3 CELLID 10
  - Rebuilding seg 16 VOBID 3 CELLID 11
  - Rebuilding seg 17 VOBID 3 CELLID 12
  - Rebuilding seg 18 VOBID 3 CELLID 13
  - Rebuilding seg 19 VOBID 3 CELLID 14
  - Rebuilding seg 20 VOBID 3 CELLID 15
  - Rebuilding seg 21 VOBID 3 CELLID 16
  - Updating NAVPACKS for VOBID_03
  - Rebuilding seg 22 VOBID 4 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 23 VOBID 4 CELLID 2
  - Updating NAVPACKS for VOBID_04
  - Updated VTS_C_ADT.
  - Updated VTS_VOBU_ADMAP.
- Updated IFO: VTS_01_0.IFO
  - Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_06
  - Rebuilding seg 1 VOBID 2 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 2 VOBID 3 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 3 VOBID 4 CELLID 1
  - Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_06_0.IFO
  - Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_07
  - Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_07_0.IFO
  - Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_08
  - Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_08_0.IFO
  - Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_14
  - Rebuilding seg 22 VOBID 3 CELLID 17
  - Rebuilding seg 23 VOBID 4 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 24 VOBID 4 CELLID 2
  - Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_14_0.IFO
  - Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_15
  - Rebuilding seg 22 VOBID 3 CELLID 17
  - Rebuilding seg 23 VOBID 4 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 24 VOBID 4 CELLID 2
  - Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_15_0.IFO
  - Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_16
  - Rebuilding seg 1 VOBID 3 CELLID 1
  - Rebuilding seg 2 VOBID 3 CELLID 2
  - Rebuilding seg 3 VOBID 3 CELLID 3
  - Rebuilding seg 4 VOBID 3 CELLID 4
  - Rebuilding seg 5 VOBID 3 CELLID 5
  - Rebuilding seg 6 VOBID 3 CELLID 6
  - Rebuilding seg 7 VOBID 3 CELLID 7
  - Rebuilding seg 8 VOBID 3 CELLID 8
  - Rebuilding seg 9 VOBID 3 CELLID 9
  - Rebuilding seg 10 VOBID 3 CELLID 10
  - Rebuilding seg 11 VOBID 3 CELLID 11
  - Rebuilding seg 12 VOBID 3 CELLID 12
  - Rebuilding seg 13 VOBID 3 CELLID 13
  - Rebuilding seg 14 VOBID 3 CELLID 14
  - Rebuilding seg 15 VOBID 3 CELLID 15
  - Rebuilding seg 16 VOBID 3 CELLID 16
  - Rebuilding seg 17 VOBID 3 CELLID 17
  - Rebuilding seg 18 VOBID 4 CELLID 1
  - Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_16_0.IFO
  - Updating TMAP table...
- Correcting VTS Sectors...
[23:34:37] Phase III, REBUILD completed in 21 minutes.
Done.
[23:34:37] PREPARE/ENCODE/REBUILD completed in 244 min.
If you need anymore info let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th March 2019 at 13:14.
Old 15th March 2019, 03:39   #20  |  Link
dr_ml422

For w/e reason DVD-RB when using the .iso to imgBurn option doesn't complete it and if you have delete files after completion of .iso and delete after burning you just lose all that time. Here's the log or at least this is what I know is the log.

[19:40:12] One Click encoding activated...
-----------------
[19:40:13] Phase I, PREPARATION started.
- DVD-RB v1.28.2
- AVISYNTH 2.6.0.6
- HC v0.23.0.0 encoder selected
- Source: EL_CAPO_1
- VTS_01: 378,525 sectors.
-- Processed 78,911 frames.
- VTS_02: 376,410 sectors.
-- Processed 78,491 frames.
- VTS_03: 341,403 sectors.
-- Processed 73,016 frames.
- VTS_04: 348,443 sectors.
-- Processed 72,521 frames.
- VTS_05: 377,507 sectors.
-- Processed 76,496 frames.
- VTS_06: 388,463 sectors.
-- Processed 78,881 frames.
- VTS_07: 369,558 sectors.
-- Processed 74,876 frames.
- VTS_08: 370,439 sectors.
-- Processed 75,118 frames.
- VTS_09: 375,394 sectors.
-- Processed 78,176 frames.
- VTS_13: 367,185 sectors.
-- Processed 76,376 frames.
- Reduction Level for DVD-5: 53.6%
- Overall Bitrate : 1,121/897Kbs
- Space for Video : 3,482,424KB
- HIGH/LOW/TYPICAL Bitrates: 2,025/471/897 Kbs
[19:44:38] Phase I, PREPARATION completed in 4 minutes.
[19:44:38] Phase II ENCODING started
- Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_01 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_01 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_02 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_02 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_03 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_03 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_03 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_03 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_03 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_03 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_03 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_03 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_04 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_04 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_04 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_04 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_04 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_04 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_04 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_04 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_05 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_05 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_05 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_05 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_05 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_05 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_05 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_05 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_06 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_06 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_07 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_07 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 6
- Creating M2V for VTS_08 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_09 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_09 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_09 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_09 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_09 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_09 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_09 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_09 segment 7
- Creating M2V for VTS_13 segment 0
- Creating M2V for VTS_13 segment 1
- Creating M2V for VTS_13 segment 2
- Creating M2V for VTS_13 segment 3
- Creating M2V for VTS_13 segment 4
- Creating M2V for VTS_13 segment 5
- Creating M2V for VTS_13 segment 6
- Extracting Video for VTS_13 segment 7
[21:53:56] Phase II ENCODING completed in 129 minutes.
[21:53:56] Phase III, REBUILD started.
- Copying IFO, BUP, and unaltered files...
- Processing VTS_01
- Rebuilding seg 4 VOBID 1 CELLID 5
- Rebuilding seg 5 VOBID 1 CELLID 6
- Rebuilding seg 6 VOBID 1 CELLID 7
- Rebuilding seg 7 VOBID 1 CELLID 8
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_01_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_02
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_02_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_03
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_03_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_04
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_04_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_05
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_05_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_06
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_06_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_07
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_07_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_08
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_08_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_09
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_09_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Processing VTS_13
- Updated VTS_C_ADT.
- Updated IFO: VTS_13_0.IFO
- Updating TMAP table...
- Correcting VTS Sectors...
- Building ISO Image...
- Removing DVD files
- ISO Image successfully created.
- Writing ISO image to DVD...
- Error on Write-To-Disc. Check drive/disc.
- ISO Image WAS NOT successfully written.
- ISO Image was not deleted.
[22:22:21] Phase III, REBUILD completed in 29 minutes.

Done.
[22:22:21] PREPARE/ENCODE/REBUILD completed in 162 min.
Every single time I've used the iso setting this happens. Seems that imgburn automatically thinks it's dual layer and opens up the disc-break window? Now there shouldn't be any need for this if the DVD-5 is 4.38GB. Now the only times it has worked is straight to file burning with imgBurn.

I caught that other mistake which I must have checked off the New Style Editor option thinking it was default. Can you maybe at least implement a default button so in case anything goes wrong one can restore to default? Thanks. Only thing I found was a Restore to Default with the Menus.