Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 8th January 2012, 12:41   #11801  |  Link
kalston

I've had the lip sync issue as well when using the "overshoot max frame latency" with any file type (.mkv, .m2ts etc) before I was even using LAV at all so I'd blame madVR rather than LAV And it was with older builds of madVR too, a few months from now.

Anyway I don't need this option anymore since the old fullscreen mode works well enough for me, no matter what I can't get smooth glitch free playback with the new mode and recent nvidia drivers so I've given up.
kalston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 13:27   #11802  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
If changing madVR version fixes his sync issues, how is that the splitters fault?
Razoola's "overshoot max frame latency" issues may well have been caused by 0.80, but I've not been using that setting with madVR at all as it caused a lot of problems on my system when it was added. (it's for low powered cards that can barely run the software)

I've been experiencing lip-sync errors, specifically with Blu-ray playback, when using the .bdmv file to start the film since before December though. (madVR 0.80 was released on the 18th) That's why I was skeptical about it being something introduced in 0.80

What I was wondering, was if Plutotype had also updated LAV Filters as well as madVR recently, or changed from loading with an mpls or m2ts file to the bdmv (which is by far the easiest thing to do) and thought that maybe that was causing the lip-sync errors as his playback was OK in 0.79 when mine was not. It could be entirely unrelated though. I'm definitely interested in hearing whether dropping to 0.79 fixes things for him.

I had no issues prior to using .bdmv files to start playback which I only started using recently when I heard that LAV Filters had support for it. (is that a recent addition, or just something I only found out about recently?) Before then I was mostly loading the m2ts file directly, or mpls if it was a branching title. (though I can't remember if that was OK for lip-sync or not, that was broken for a long time too, but it may have been prior to switching to LAV from Haali)

I'm not saying LAV Filters is definitely the cause, but that's why I was wondering how Plutotype was starting playback of the film, whether it was the bdmv, mpls or m2ts file. It's possible that since he was updating madVR he has also updated LAV filters at the same time, or changed from one filetype to another. (I have a habit of doing that, and sometimes MPC-HC & ffdshow too, which is really great for troubleshooting problems if they arise...)

I haven't had a chance to properly test things myself yet, as I haven't had much time to watch films lately, or do testing which involves waiting 20–30 minutes to see if sound goes out of sync. (which means I can't use the PC for anything else)

Either it's a problem with madVR that goes back further than 0.80, an issue with LAV Filters opening .bdmv (and possibly .mpls) files, or something else entirely. At least with non-branching titles, it's easy enough to just open the .m2ts directly which does not seem to have lip-sync problems for me.

The only reason I'm suspecting LAV here at all, is because it changes depending on which file I open. (or at least it seemed to from my limited tests)
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 13:34   #11803  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
I had no issues prior to using .bdmv files to start playback which I only started using recently when I heard that LAV Filters had support for it. (is that a recent addition, or just something I only found out about recently?) Before then I was mostly loading the m2ts file directly, or mpls if it was a branching title. (though I can't remember if that was OK for lip-sync or not, that was broken for a long time too, but it may have been prior to switching to LAV from Haali)
The bdmv support is as old as any Blu-ray support. Opening a mpls file has exactly the same effect as opening the bdmv file, except that it specifys which track to run, while bdmv runs the longest track.
In general, the demuxing is basically the same, the bdmv support only lets it figure out which m2ts to use.

I've been watching alot of BDs, all through bdmv playback, and never had any issues. :d
Its possible that some isolated BD titles have a odd playlist setup that could potentially cause issues, but i have no concrete bugs reports of anything like that.
Old 8th January 2012, 15:11   #11804  |  Link
kalston

Quote:
I've been experiencing lip-sync errors, specifically with Blu-ray playback, when using the .bdmv file to start the film since before December though. (madVR 0.80 was released on the 18th) That's why I was skeptical about it being something introduced in 0.80

What I was wondering, was if Plutotype had also updated LAV Filters as well as madVR recently, or changed from loading with an mpls or m2ts file to the bdmv (which is by far the easiest thing to do) and thought that maybe that was causing the lip-sync errors as his playback was OK in 0.79 when mine was not. It could be entirely unrelated though. I'm definitely interested in hearing whether dropping to 0.79 fixes things for him.

I'm not saying LAV Filters is definitely the cause, but that's why I was wondering how Plutotype was starting playback of the film, whether it was the bdmv, mpls or m2ts file. It's possible that since he was updating madVR he has also updated LAV filters at the same time, or changed from one filetype to another. (I have a habit of doing that, and sometimes MPC-HC & ffdshow too, which is really great for troubleshooting problems if they arise...)

I haven't had a chance to properly test things myself yet, as I haven't had much time to watch films lately, or do testing which involves waiting 20–30 minutes to see if sound goes out of sync. (which means I can't use the PC for anything else)

Either it's a problem with madVR that goes back further than 0.80, an issue with LAV Filters opening .bdmv (and possibly .mpls) files, or something else entirely. At least with non-branching titles, it's easy enough to just open the .m2ts directly which does not seem to have lip-sync problems for me.

The only reason I'm suspecting LAV here at all, is because it changes depending on which file I open. (or at least it seemed to from my limited tests)
This is odd, before using LAV I did have troubles playing Blu-rays where the film is split in several .mt2s (on top of my head : Inception, King Kong (2005) & Conan the Barbarian (1982) UK edition). In this situation I had to use the corresponding playlist file but it resulted in lip sync issues and a noticeable hiccup when the transition between the files happened. So I ended up ripping each one of them to a .mkv file.

But with LAV I've had no such issue and playback of all my Blu-rays is absolutely flawless.
kalston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 17:11   #11805  |  Link
Razoola

Quote:
Are you only having lip-sync issues with Blu-ray? If so, are you starting the video with the "index.bdmv" file, or the .m2ts video file?

While using LAV Filters has enabled me to start a film using the index.bdmv file (previously it wouldn't work) I find that it causes lip-sync problems, when playing the .m2ts file directly does not, so I suspect it might be a LAV Filters issue rather than madVR. (but I haven't tested either in isolation so I couldn't say for sure)

What driver version are you using?

I'm definitely back to having problems getting smooth playback again, but then I am also on beta Nvidia drivers. I really should test to see whether it's the drivers or a change in madVR (by coincidence, new versions of madVR are often close to driver releases) but it's annoying either way, as I can't stick to WHQL drivers if I want to play the latest games.
I'm using 290.53 drivers but Im sure they are not the problem as going back to 079 fixes the issues for me.
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 18:07   #11806  |  Link

Well I've just done about four hours of testing... and nothing is showing lip-sync errors for me now—including discs that were giving me problems before—with LAV Filters 0.44 (CUVID decoding) madVR 0.80 and MPC-HC 3895. (haven't been updating it nearly as frequently these days, don't know that it makes a difference when I'm only using external filters now) Can't explain it, it was definitely a repeatable issue back at the end of November.

I've also noticed that with the latest settings I've been trying out, I haven't had any presentation glitches yet after 45 minutes into the current clip. (just brought up the stats before pausing the film)

I have both CPU & GPU Queue size at 4, am using D3D11 for presentation, have 3 frames presented in advance in exclusive mode, and have "limit rendering times to avoid glitches" enabled. All other rendering options are at defaults.

That testing was all with Blu-ray at 24Hz, so I can't say it's definitely glitch-free playback until I try some 25@50 or 30@60. My guess is that they probably will show glitches.

For now, I've given up on entirely glitch-free playback, but at least films seem to be all right again, which is what I care about the most.

As for your problems Razoola, they definitely seem to be related to 0.80, and likely the "overshoot max frame latency" setting. Out of interest, what card are you using? That setting is intended for low-power HTPC stuff if I remember correctly.
Old 8th January 2012, 18:09   #11807  |  Link
Plutotype

Quote:
(or at least it seemed to from my limited tests)
Hi 6233638,
Thanks for your input. I update every LAVfilters release immediately as it gets released. Im not storing bdmv structures but always only the better version of the movie as one untouched m2ts file.
I hadnt lipsync issue for a year now, but when I noticed it yesterday and saw people also mentioning it here, so I asked if there were any changes to the last version 0.80 in this regard.

Im going to watch a 150min movie right now with LAVfilters 0.44 and 0.80, will report it here if any lipsync issues will be present during ( at the end ) of the movie.
Pluto
Old 8th January 2012, 19:32   #11808  |  Link

Just as an update on the above settings... finished watching a 75 minute 30p video at 60Hz there without any presentation glitches so it seems to be working for both 24@24 and 30@60. (and presumably also 25@50 as that's typically the same as 30@60) Might be worth a shot for anyone on Nvidia experiencing glitches with the latest drivers.

It seems so random as to what does/doesn't work depending on drivers/cards/madVR versions though, that I really don't know if it'll help.
Old 8th January 2012, 20:48   #11809  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
- hardware accelerated video decoding (DXVA) is currently not supported
So is that still true ? (And so, the references to DXVA in the changelog only refer to assistance to the renderer and not decoding ?)
Old 8th January 2012, 21:05   #11810  |  Link
fastplayer

^ http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...40#post1536640
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 00:37   #11811  |  Link
ADude

Thanks for the info in the link.
Old 9th January 2012, 19:14   #11812  |  Link
starlight2

Hi guys, I have a Nvidia GTS 450.
I tried to do MADNV12test, the result ':

Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

D3D9 Surface StretchRect:
D3DFMT_R8G8B8: creating GPU texture failed
D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8: lossy (0-0)
D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8: lossy (0-0)
D3DFMT_A8B8G8R8: creating GPU texture failed
D3DFMT_X8B8G8R8: creating GPU texture failed
D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10: lossy (0-0)
D3DFMT_A2B10G10R10: lossy (0-0)
D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16: StretchRect failed
D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F: lossy (0-0)
D3DFMT_A32B32G32R32F: lossy (0-0)

D3D9 Surface VideoProcessor:
D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16: lossy (0-0)

DXVA Surface StretchRect:
D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16: StretchRect failed

DXVA Surface VideoProcessor:
D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16: lossy (0-0)

D3D9 Surface speed test:
NV12: upload 1083 fps, download 918 fps, trick download failed
YV12: upload 1166 fps, download 987 fps, trick download failed
A8R8G8B8: upload 314 fps, download 265 fps, trick download failed

DXVA Surface speed test:
NV12: upload 1209 fps, download 1079 fps, trick download failed
YV12: upload 1166 fps, download 1008 fps, trick download failed
A8R8G8B8: upload 317 fps, download 237 fps, trick download failed

A8R8G8B8 Texture speed test:
default: upload 213 fps, download 306 fps
dynamic: upload 284 fps, download 26 fps, trick download 210 fps

Help me please? I'm not sure what to do and what is this procedure.
Thank you for your help.
Thanks
starlight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 03:07   #11813  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

that nv12 test is a bit outdated. don't worry about it at all.
Mangix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 19:26   #11814  |  Link
starlight2

Thanks
then the bug of the levels video has been resolved with nvidia?
starlight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 20:34   #11815  |  Link
Remicade

If I have ATI the only solution for DXVA in madVR is Cyberlink Video Decoder ? With HAM or DXVA ?
Remicade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 00:57   #11816  |  Link
Andy o

If it even works well (never did for me). With DXVA deinterlacing though, you can use almost any modern and even old-ish CPU to decode. What do you have?
Old 11th January 2012, 03:01   #11817  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight2 View Post
Thanks
then the bug of the levels video has been resolved with nvidia?
IIRC, that test was made by madshi to test how good nvidia and amd hardware were at handling nv12 at different texture formats. like i said, nothing to worry about since madshi does not use nv12(I assume it gets converted to YV12) to do any processing. nv12 is however required for proper DXVA video decoding with deinterlacing(unless i missed something).

anyways, nothing to worry about.
Old 11th January 2012, 05:14   #11818  |  Link
Remicade

Andy it's works very well no artifacts, I watch only progressive material, I will compare the quality of Cyberlink decoder versus MPC HC. Somebody in another forum told me Cyberlink was a litle bad in image quality in his system.
Remicade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 05:24   #11819  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
If it even works well (never did for me). With DXVA deinterlacing though, you can use almost any modern and even old-ish CPU to decode. What do you have?
i have an old computer with a radeon hd2400 pro and a 2.6ghz pentium 4. i will tell you that it drops frames on 480i content when DXVA deinterlacing is used on XP but works smooth when IVTC is applied(software i believe). so not always smooth.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:50   #11820  |  Link
italospain

Hi madshi

here a 3 examples of my NTSC DVD Library where i am not able to IVTC with madVR or DScaler mod.

https://rapidshare.com/files/576191865/Examples.zip

greetings
italospain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling