Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th June 2017, 16:31   #1  |  Link
worknstiff

More Audio Perhaps

I have been using BD Rebuilder to change some 1080p MKV'S into 720p. These have the 640k E-AC3 audio and of course fail when de-muxing and I end up having to use eac3to to change the E-AC3 into AC3 and mux it back into the MKV for alternate processing by BD_Rebuilder. Not only that but when it's finished I have to replace the E-AC3 audio back into the file (unless I want to keep the 448K AC3 since BD_Rebuilder doesn't have a 1280x720 keep audio intact. Is there some HIDDENOPTS that I'm not aware of to either leave the E-AC3 audio alone and build it back in after resizing to 720p or if not that then just leaving the AC3 audio intact after the resize.

PS: Do you think it will be possible at some time to build in support for E-AC3 since it seems to be the audio codec of choice lately.

PSS: thanks again jdobbs for all your continuing support of BD Rebuilder. Just when I think you've made BD Rebuilder perfect here comes a new release with even more features.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 21:15   #2  |  Link
gonca

Just create your own Alternate Output Preset

Quote:
[000xx]
caption=MKV, 1080>720, Intact Audio
aType=2
vFormat=4
vBitrate=12700
cType=1
Change the video bit rate or use crf as you wish

Last edited by gonca; 26th June 2017 at 21:21.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 23:12   #3  |  Link
worknstiff

@ gonca; Just create your own Alternate Output Preset

Thanks for your suggestion gonca, but using a command line for me is harder than re-muxing the re-sized mkv with the original audio. I always seem to mess it up somehow, lol.
Old 26th June 2017, 23:21   #4  |  Link
gonca

No command line
Look in BD_RB > Misc > Alternate
Copy and paste the preset I posted if you wish, note the comment about bit rate or crf, and change xx to digits to follow the sequence present
Import original MKV
Select the preset in Mode > Alternate Movie-only Output
Encode
It should resize/encode the video while passing the audio intact
Remux to MKV is automatic with the preset
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 13:23   #5  |  Link
worknstiff

@ gonca, RE: No command line
Guess I should learn to read, lol. Thanks it works great, with one less step to fix these MKV's. Now if BD Rebuilder would handle the E-AC3, I would have a simple, elegant solution.
Old 29th June 2017, 14:03   #6  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
I have been using BD Rebuilder to change some 1080p MKV'S into 720p. These have the 640k E-AC3 audio and of course fail when de-muxing and I end up having to use eac3to to change the E-AC3 into AC3 and mux it back into the MKV for alternate processing by BD_Rebuilder. Not only that but when it's finished I have to replace the E-AC3 audio back into the file (unless I want to keep the 448K AC3 since BD_Rebuilder doesn't have a 1280x720 keep audio intact. Is there some HIDDENOPTS that I'm not aware of to either leave the E-AC3 audio alone and build it back in after resizing to 720p or if not that then just leaving the AC3 audio intact after the resize.

PS: Do you think it will be possible at some time to build in support for E-AC3 since it seems to be the audio codec of choice lately.

PSS: thanks again jdobbs for all your continuing support of BD Rebuilder. Just when I think you've made BD Rebuilder perfect here comes a new release with even more features.
The problem is that E-AC3 is supported in Blu-Ray -- but only with the AC3 core included. So those MKVs with E-AC3 aren't compliant for BD.

I've added code in the next version that will reencode E-AC3 to AC3 during import. It requires that Directshow support is installed (either LAV Filters or FFDSHOW) so the E-AC3 can be decoded.
Old 29th June 2017, 19:42   #7  |  Link
worknstiff

jdobbs RE: next version that will reencode E-AC3 to AC3 during import.
:That's great. Talk about a real work flow time saver. It was really time consuming to pull E-AC3 out, then re-encode and put back into the MKV. I hate the over sized 1080p rips that take up 8 GB'S for an hour long show.