Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Closed Thread

Old 6th February 2008, 10:21   #1  |  Link
siccmade11

0kb output with Quenc

I am completley stumped, i've converted multiple .mkvs with FAVC using quenc and they turn out fine. although on one partiuclar .mkv (1080p) every time i convert with quenc (profile: best) it recodes it fine audio is fine and then it begins to author the dvd and finishes with no errors but the dvd output folder is Empty, 0kb. can anyone offer and suggestions? takes 4 hours each time and empty folder is all i get! every other movie (mkv) i've done works fine accept this one. thx
Old 6th February 2008, 17:12   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

1) What's the Title and format of the original source material?

2) What software and procedures did you use to convert the original source material to .MKV?

3) Perhaps too obvious a question but, have you PLAYED the .MKV that you created, to see if it plays properly (video and audio)?
Old 6th February 2008, 19:38   #3  |  Link
siccmade11

zodiak.mkv 7.94 gigs, plays perfect on computer playback just like every other .mkv i've saved to my computer. i'm goin to try again right now.
Old 6th February 2008, 19:49   #4  |  Link
setarip_old

Unanswered?

1) What's the format of the original source material (from which you created the .MKV)?

2) What software and procedures did you use to convert the original source material to .MKV?
Old 6th February 2008, 23:36   #5  |  Link
siccmade11

i was given the file in MKV format, i can open up MKVtoolnix and give you some info on the file but as for what software was used I am not positive..
Old 7th February 2008, 04:08   #6  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Wow, I had no idea I was a mod of this forum. siccmade, we can't really help with this, because even if you did obtain it through a legal route, random single-file pathologies are too much trouble to figure out even if the asker knows what they're doing, let alone if they don't. Knowing how the file was made is pretty crucial to figuring out how to fix it.
Old 7th February 2008, 05:54   #7  |  Link

Closed per rule 6.
Closed Thread