Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old Yesterday, 22:29   #641  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Look for the MakeAnyVideoBetter() filter.
When are you releasing the MakeAnyVideoBetterNV filter
I could use it

Last edited by gonca; Yesterday at 22:36.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:36   #642  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santojob View Post
Thank you very much for your advice ChaosKing that I will definitely try. I do not have much knowledge and time to try other things.

videoh Thank you very much for nothing.
Before you thank someone for nothing look carefully at your question.
You want "a filter" that improves the "final video quality" without increasing size or encode time.
Exactly what is it about your video that requires improvement
Denoising doesn't work on all videos.
In fact there is NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL filters.
Tell us what the issue is and then we can attempt to help you

Last edited by gonca; Yesterday at 23:28.
Old Yesterday, 23:30   #643  |  Link
Santojob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Before you thank someone for nothing look carefully at your question.
You want "a filter" that improves the "final video quality" without increasing size or encode time.
Exactly what is it about your video that requires improvement
Denoising doesn't work on all videos.
In fact there is NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL filters.
Tell us what the issue is and then we can attempt to help you

Do you perhaps mean setting(s)?
gonca no doubt you are right in your comments. My English is not good and the translator sometimes does not reflect exactly what I want to say. I usually compress some movie that I like and then store it in a backup HD. I have been compressing lately with Handbrake, but I see that I get a similar quality with StaxRip, but with a very important time reduction in the coding process (currently I use x265 + Nvenc + 10 bit) that I think has very good results.

Currently I only have the encoder (x265-Nvidia) configured in StaxRip and I only use the CROP filter. This configuration compresses fast (I use a bitrate of 4500 VBR).

My question is that filters could improve the final quality of the video, with the configuration mentioned above, without the coding time increasing very much .....

That was the question friends ...

Last edited by Santojob; Yesterday at 23:36.
Santojob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:49   #644  |  Link
videoh

Quote:
My question is that filters could improve the final quality of the video
It seems you miss the point entirely. Never mind, sorry for the snark and good luck with your projects.

"very much" is also highly nebulous.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:57   #645  |  Link
frenchfries

Quote:
gonca no doubt you are right in your comments. My English is not good and the translator sometimes does not reflect exactly what I want to say. I usually compress some movie that I like and then store it in a backup HD. I have been compressing lately with Handbrake, but I see that I get a similar quality with StaxRip, but with a very important time reduction in the coding process (currently I use x265 + Nvenc + 10 bit) that I think has very good results.

Currently I only have the encoder (x265-Nvidia) configured in StaxRip and I only use the CROP filter. This configuration compresses fast (I use a bitrate of 4500 VBR).

My question is that filters could improve the final quality of the video, with the configuration mentioned above, without the coding time increasing very much .....

That was the question friends ...
A couple of things.

1. Technically you should be referring to the NVENC implementation of HEVC as H.265, HEVC or MPEG-H Part 2 rather than X265 as that's a very different project and leads to potential confusion in your post.

2. To address your question, rather than filters perhaps you can change some settings in NVENC to have the same final bitrate but a quality improvement such as setting the CRF to 17 or 18, I have no idea what you use, which will make your files larger and then adjust B frames and reference frames up a bit to bring the file back down to the same bitrate hopefully.

I find that quicksync doesn't slow down a lot, if at all, even with 6 B frames and 9 reference frames but it works wonders on some footage, particularly animation.

I haven't really played with NVENC but it may also not suffer from tweaked settings.

Quicksync with the following settings seems to do wonders for me

--codec hevc --quality best --profile main10 --la-quality slow --la-window-size 15 --bframes 6 --ref 9 --b-pyramid --fallback-rc --icq 17

Quality is better than x265 slow or slower, always results in a smaller file size and encodes 4k material at ~12-14fps on my laptop with UHD620 graphics.

EDIT - I just reread your post and you use VBR 4500. I would highly recommend going to some form of constant rate factor rather than VBR.
frenchfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:23   #646  |  Link
gonca

Try this command line and adjust as necessary
Code:
"C:\Program Files (Portable)\NVEncC\NVEncC64.exe" --vbrhq 38400 --codec h265 --preset quality --profile main10 --level 5.1 --output-depth 10 --ref 5 --gop-len 24 --lookahead 32 --qp-init 1 --max-bitrate 38400 --vbr-quality 25 --aq --cuda-schedule auto --mv-precision q-pel --cabac
Note that different NVidia cards have different capabilities
If you a RTX 20xx type you can use b frames
Old Today, 04:34   #647  |  Link
maupassant

Problem using mClean with VS Filters (StaxRip 2.0.2.4)

Script Error :
Python Exception: name 'hnwvsfunc' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1927, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
maupassant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, staxrip, x265