Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th April 2011, 21:27   #1701  |  Link
VipZ

Thanks Mercury for supplying me with test builds

Regarding the lip sync issue, I think it may be fine with the build Nevcairiel-LAVFSplitter-0.22-29-g5ce415f, though its the kind of thing if you look to hard you can possibly think you seeing an issue.

I will update to latest and continue testing.
Old 19th April 2011, 07:17   #1702  |  Link
nlnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Plays fine.
Will you please try MPC splitter.
I have this issue (mono lpcm in m2ts) using MPC splitter fo ages! Haali works good.

And I do have the same issue using LAV .
nlnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 07:19   #1703  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Maybe your decoder is broken. The file plays just perfectly for me. I didn't try the MPC Splitter - whats the point, its working for me.
Try using LAV Audio as well, thats what i use for LPCM decoding.
Old 19th April 2011, 07:38   #1704  |  Link
nlnl

Quote:
Maybe your decoder is broken. The file plays just perfectly for me. I didn't try the MPC Splitter - whats the point, its working for me.
Try using LAV Audio as well, thats what i use for LPCM decoding.
nevcairiel
Thank you !

You are right! MPC+LAV audio+LAV splitter work brilliant!

The problem (mono LPCM) is MPC LPCM decoder !?

Have you plans to add bitstreaming (DTS HD MA, Dolby True HD) to LAV audio?
nlnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 12:48   #1705  |  Link
webs0r

OK I just installed this and tested it with an .mkv that Haali used to report strange fps' on... and..... it works!

My problem - LAV splitter does not load for .AVI files.

Haali has been uninstalled. I've boosted LAV's priority to highest....

MPC-HC reports that some AVI splitter (low merit) gets loaded instead.

Has anyone else encountered this? (Windows 7) Any tips?
webs0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 12:52   #1706  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

AVI is currently broken in 0.22, it'll be fixed in 0.23.

But AVI isn't all that special, using the default splitter in the time being should be fine.
Old 19th April 2011, 12:55   #1707  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
But AVI isn't all that special, using the default splitter in the time being should be fine.
I have problem with default OS AVI splitter and AVIs with multiple audio tracks - graphstudio/player crash when video stop.
Of cousre it is working just fine with LAVF

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 12:58   #1708  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I was more referring to the MPC-HC splitter, but sure. 0.23 will be out soon enough.
Old 19th April 2011, 13:01   #1709  |  Link
webs0r

Quote:
AVI is currently broken in 0.22, it'll be fixed in 0.23.

Ahh thanks for the info, I was starting to turn things upside down to figure out what was going on.

I would prefer LAV to load rather than the default Both in MPC-HC and in Mediaportal.
webs0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 13:05   #1710  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I have one thing to finish to implement, and then some testing and cleaning, then 0.23 should be out. Hopefully i can finish it before the easter weekend.
Old 20th April 2011, 06:37   #1711  |  Link
Hypernova

First, I want to say I'm sorry if I report a known problem again. I don't really watching the thread closely.

I set my mouse wheel to Jump Forward/Backward (medium) in MPC-HC. LAV Spliter almost always get "stuck" when I do forward 2-3 times consecutively. It does not jump forward but jump back to the same point. On somehow related note, there are problems like video and audio getting out of sync after seeked as well. I tested with madVR and EVR Sync. I didn't have this problem last time I tried LAVSpliter. I'm not sure, but I think that was 0.19.

I remember read it somewhere that I supposed to use a special build of ffdshow but cannot find it anymore. Is that still true? Maybe that's the cause?

Last edited by Hypernova; 20th April 2011 at 06:39. Reason: add more info
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 12:33   #1712  |  Link
disto

Hello.Please separate LAVF Splitter from LAVAudio.If posiible could you provide two packages one for LAVF Splitter and one for LAVFAudio.Thank you in advance.
disto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 13:02   #1713  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disto View Post
Hello.Please separate LAVF Splitter from LAVAudio.If posiible could you provide two packages one for LAVF Splitter and one for LAVFAudio.Thank you in advance.
Why?
The splitter and the decoder themself are tiny, the libraries are big, and both use them. So if i create two packages, i would have to double the libraries, thats double the size - i don't see how that is better in any known universe.
Old 20th April 2011, 13:21   #1714  |  Link
SamuriHL

No, I'm not in favor of separating them, either.
Old 20th April 2011, 20:25   #1715  |  Link
Sebastiii

me too
Old 20th April 2011, 22:12   #1716  |  Link
RobertinoM

Stupid question from a Newbie

When I am using Graphstudio and I am rendering a file..

I don't see LAV Splitter? Just for Audio I can see it. But not for Video... Is this correct?

And please keep it in one package, that keeps it simple... (to be honest, I have no idea if it is enough to extract it into one dir e.g. c:\LAV\ and then register the splitter)

Regards Robertino

Last edited by RobertinoM; 20th April 2011 at 22:16.
RobertinoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 01:45   #1717  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I set my mouse wheel to Jump Forward/Backward (medium) in MPC-HC. LAV Spliter almost always get "stuck" when I do forward 2-3 times consecutively. It does not jump forward but jump back to the same point. On somehow related note, there are problems like video and audio getting out of sync after seeked as well. I tested with madVR and EVR Sync. I didn't have this problem last time I tried LAVSpliter. I'm not sure, but I think that was 0.19.

I remember read it somewhere that I supposed to use a special build of ffdshow but cannot find it anymore. Is that still true? Maybe that's the cause?
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I tested it myself and found it funny that when "jumping" in MPC-HC LAV Splitter would seek to arbitrary frames instead of nearest preceding keyframe, which I asked about recently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
I don't know the technical details, although I understand that the decoder needs the previous frames in case I'm not seeking to an I-Frame. But this works just fine using Haali and Gabest. If I seek to the end of a 10 second GOP with Haali, seeking might take a fraction of a second on my quad core. With your splitter I have to watch the entire GOP from start. This also means that you can't seek to chapter starts exactly if they don't start on an I-Frame (for whatever reason).
This can now (I swear I tested it some time ago and it didn't work for some reason, probably stupidity) be done by deactivating MPC-HC's "fast seek(on keyframe)" "tweak".
So I hereby withdraw my feature request, as it can already be done. And it's even better then Haali, because it can be turned on and off.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 03:32   #1718  |  Link
robpdotcom

This isn't really a feature request, just curiosity:

Will LAVSplitter eventually be able to display the forced subs only from PGS subtitle streams? Is that even something a splitter could do, or would that be something for the subtitle renderer?
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 06:58   #1719  |  Link
Hypernova

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I tested it myself and found it funny that when "jumping" in MPC-HC LAV Splitter would seek to arbitrary frames instead of nearest preceding keyframe, which I asked about recently:

This can now (I swear I tested it some time ago and it didn't work for some reason, probably stupidity) be done by deactivating MPC-HC's "fast seek(on keyframe)" "tweak".
So I hereby withdraw my feature request, as it can already be done. And it's even better then Haali, because it can be turned on and off.
I think I understand about 70% of what you said, which make me know even less about the details, but disable fast seek like you said works great!

Edit: A/V out of sync after seeked still happen though.
Edit2: Forcing LAV Audio Decoder solved the problem.

Last edited by Hypernova; 21st April 2011 at 07:11. Reason: Even more info
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 07:01   #1720  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
All i do is offer the information about those cue points to the player, if it uses them to do faster (yet inaccurate) seeks, its out of my hands.

MPC-HC enabled that option by default some time ago, which already caused some issues, but hey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpdotcom View Post
Will LAVSplitter eventually be able to display the forced subs only from PGS subtitle streams? Is that even something a splitter could do, or would that be something for the subtitle renderer?
Thats something a sub renderer should be doing. I don't interpret any streams, i just send them to the decoders to do their magic with.

Personally, i have only seen BluRays where the forced subs are in their separate track, though. (Sadly, you cannot detect if they are forced subs just from the track. <.<)

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter