Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 21st February 2006, 17:29   #581  |  Link
Raithmir

Build 2091

Not sure if this is a bug or just the way it has been coded (in which case consider this a feature request ). I had several jobs in the queue and started it going, I later decided I wanted it to end after the current job so moved the running job to the bottom of the queue expecting it to finish that job then realise it's at the end of the queue and stop. However, it finished the job and started again from the top of the queue.
Old 21st February 2006, 18:22   #582  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@Raithmir: if you want to stop the queue... press stop The currently active job will be processed till the bitter end, and then megui will gracefully stop. Queue position just signifies when in relation to the start a job will be processed.. not if it will or not... only status (anything not in waiting state will not be processed) can help you there, or stopping the queue.
Old 21st February 2006, 18:30   #583  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
yes, mutant_fruit patch.
*cough* whoops. I'll fix that in the next hour or so.
Old 21st February 2006, 23:17   #584  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Patch will be on sourceforge in 2 mins. Should be all good now. Had to move one line of code 2 lines down :P
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:11   #585  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

patch committed
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:29   #586  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

is it correct when selecting MP3 the second audio track radio button gets greyed out?
or is it a bug? (in that case a patch is ready)
Old 22nd February 2006, 23:37   #587  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
is it correct when selecting MP3 the second audio track radio button gets greyed out?
yes.. at least for avi. but all those limitations are no more in my dev builds (which don't even compile as of now).
Old 23rd February 2006, 08:42   #588  |  Link
Raithmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
@Raithmir: if you want to stop the queue... press stop The currently active job will be processed till the bitter end, and then megui will gracefully stop. Queue position just signifies when in relation to the start a job will be processed.. not if it will or not... only status (anything not in waiting state will not be processed) can help you there, or stopping the queue.
But that just stops it at the end of the current pass doesn't it? Not the end of the job (multi-pass) like I wanted. (I've not tested this so I'm not sure)
Old 23rd February 2006, 09:24   #589  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
But that just stops it at the end of the current pass doesn't it?
Yes, but the answer also gives what you want. There are 3 ways to stop the queue: abort (stops processing right away and goes to sleep), stop (stops processing once the current job has been completed and then goes to sleep) or make sure no job eligible for encoding is in the queue anymore (by either deleting jobs in status waiting, or changing their status to postponed). With these, you should be able to handle any scenario you can come up with. It's one a one click thing, but show me another program that covers the above three scenarios and what you want as one click.. I haven't seen one and the tab is overloaded as it is so I don't want to add another button.
Old 23rd February 2006, 10:56   #590  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

@berrinam: could you update the bug-list?
this one
Quote:
The Bitrate Calculator behaves very weirdly when entering the number of frames
Description: See http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...432#post787432
is fixed in 0.2.3.2093
Old 23rd February 2006, 11:10   #591  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

a few things about the list:
Quote:
The audio section only allows one profile
Is a feature request, not a bug.
Quote:
MeGUI shows BeSweet commandlines when processing an AviSynth audio encode
Same here
It would also be useful if each bug listed would be linked with corresponding posts where it has been reported, so that if there are any questions, they can be addressed to the proper person. For instance I strongly suspect that
Quote:
Jobs with errors are still flagged as 'done', instead of 'error'
refers to x264 aborting without giving any notice.. so that would be a matter of reading exit codes
Old 23rd February 2006, 12:28   #592  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Quote:
The audio section only allows one profile
Is a feature request, not a bug.
Well, when this was first posted, you said that it didn't used to behave like that, but it does now. So it is 'unexpected behavior', which I view as a bug.
Quote:
MeGUI shows BeSweet commandlines when processing an AviSynth audio encode
Same here
[/quote]
Similarly, AviSynth audio processing runs a commandline program with a commandline relevant to that encoder. Yet it tells the the user that it is running a completely different commandline (ie the BeSweet one). I would say that is a bug, because it is telling the user something incorrect.
Old 23rd February 2006, 13:00   #593  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

a bug is something not working out as it should. Audio encoding still works just fine regardless of the commandline.. if you'd not get the codec you wanted, then that would be a bug, but showing a commandline where none should be, that's cosmetics.. the application doesn't do anything better if it shows no commandline in case avisynth is used for audio encoding.
Perhaps we both misundertood the profile thing.. I was thinking about the one click window, you probably about the main window. But in the main window, profile -> settings, with no ties whatsoever to the actual streams. But you can have two kinds of settings (works perfectly here). What could make sense is that once you switch audio stream, you set the profile to -1 so that you don't raise the wrong impression that a stream can have a profile (it cannot and never should in the future.. profiles are just settings with a name, nothing more.. and streams have settings, not profiles.
Old 23rd February 2006, 19:36   #594  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

hmm anyone know what this means? I encoded the 5.1 fine but the stereo won't encode.

Quote:
Channels=2, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz
C:\Documents and Settings\ChronoCross\My Documents\My Downloads\Encoding Tools\MeGUI\audio\neroraw.exe -o "C:\Documents and Settings\ChronoCross\My Documents\WEDDING_CRASHERS\VIDEO_TS\Wedding T02 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -33ms.mp4" -rr 48000 -rb 16 -rc 2 -cbr 128 -codecquality_high -aacprofile_lc Error:
MeGUI.AviSynthException: m2AudioAC3Source: error in file "C:\Documents and Settings\ChronoCross\My Documents\WEDDING_CRASHERS\VIDEO_TS\Wedding T02 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -33ms.ac3"
at MeGUI.AviSynthAudioEncoder.encode()
Old 23rd February 2006, 19:49   #595  |  Link
Tima

Cannot open d2v file in avisynth script creator.

Quote:
---------------------------
AviSynth error
AviSynth script error:

Script error: there is no function named "Mpeg2Source"
ОК
I use build 2093. All settings are default.
Old 23rd February 2006, 20:02   #596  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

that bug has been around since at least 2089.
Old 23rd February 2006, 20:03   #597  |  Link
Tima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross
that bug has been around since at least 2089.
Maybe, but I haven't seen it in the buglist..
Old 23rd February 2006, 20:15   #598  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Are you sure you have dgdecode installed and accessible to AviSynth?
Old 23rd February 2006, 20:22   #599  |  Link
Tima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Fruit
Are you sure you have dgdecode installed and accessible to AviSynth?
Yes, it's my fault.. I previously used to make avs script by Gordian Knot, and completely forgot that GK knows where to get dgdecode.dll but MeGUI doesn't..

Nevertheless, IMHO, it would be better for MeGUI to take dgdecode.dll from the path to DGMPGDec, specified in Settings, so there'll be no need for me to keep dgdecode.dll in two places (and update them both as well )..
Old 23rd February 2006, 20:29   #600  |  Link
Raithmir

Quote:
or changing their status to postponed
Well I didn't know you could do that to be honest, I'd not noticed that before

I wasn't wanting an extra button, it's just that to me it would seem more logical for it stop when it reaches the end of the queue, not cycle back round again *shrugs* no biggie, I know I can set them to postponed now.
Closed Thread